PDA

View Full Version : BISON WIN!!

Bison101
04-23-2005, 10:47 PM
I didn't get to listen to the game but I heard that the Bison finally notched their first D1 win. Those guys must feel a lot better about themselves. All though UNI doesn't have a terrific record they have played pretty good ball this year and have beaten a couple ranked teams. By the way, it is the first win over a Valley team for either SDSU or NDSU. Lets win tomorrow, take the series and send notice to UNI that Bison Athletics will be hot on their heels...

89rabbit
04-23-2005, 10:50 PM
Congrats on your first D-I win!

Go State! *;D

P.S. *Although we have not beaten a MVC school yet we do have wins over a Horizon League school (Butler), a Big East team (Notre Dame), and two Independents (NDSU and Utah Valley State). Along with some wins over lesser division schools (some team called UND-II, Baker, Dakota Wesleyan, etc.)

ballboy
04-23-2005, 11:15 PM
YA-HOOOOOO!! First D-1 Win!! Good pitching, good hitting, solid defense=WIN!!.... GO BISON ;D

ballboy
05-03-2005, 03:53 PM
Way to pound the ball last night.. Hats off to Bushland with 11 K's. :)

UNCBears_Supporter
05-05-2005, 08:07 AM
Maybe NDSU and UNC will play again in baseball in the near future.

89rabbit
05-05-2005, 01:41 PM
Speaking of that, why isn't NDSU going to the USB D-I Independent Tournament in Greeley (May 20 - 22)? Just wondering.

ballboy
05-05-2005, 03:28 PM
Check the schedule... they'll be in Michigan.

89rabbit
05-05-2005, 03:36 PM
I'm with you, I was just wondering the "why" Oakland instead of the D-I Indy tourney.

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
05-05-2005, 03:54 PM
We never heard much from super scout and baseball analyst "Pedro" after the season started did we ;D

jackrabbit1979
05-05-2005, 03:56 PM
We never heard much from super scout and baseball analyst "Pedro" after the season started did we ;D

I was thinking the same thing. *Remember when he put the over/under on SDSU wins at EIGHT games. *We almost beat the Bison by themselves eight times, we could have been even closer if *the last double header wasn't snowed out. *

ballboy
05-06-2005, 05:44 PM
Great effort all the way around last night. The Ford kid pitched 5 innings of shutout ball knowing that his brother Greg was laying in a coma after being in a terrible car accident Tuesday morning. Hats off to the team for the win... keep it going. ;)

Rodentia
05-06-2005, 08:40 PM
Congratulations, great to get that first win!

ballboy
05-12-2005, 10:39 PM
CONGRATULATIONS to Derek Ford for notching the 1st. D-1 win against Northern Iowa on April 23rd. I noticed on gobison.com that he's not mentioned as the winner of that game, but the Doc put a big smooch on the ex-pro prospects butt for striking out 1 batter in the 7th.
CONGRATULATIONS to Derek Ford for being invited to try-out with the Colorado Rockies with his bro Greg in Billings, Mt 2 weeks ago. To bad the good "Dr." NEVER offered a word of encouragement.
CONGRATULATIONS to Derek Ford for working hard and graduating with a BS in Psychology and a minor in history. One day the Dr. in front of your name will really mean something.

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
05-12-2005, 11:49 PM
CONGRATULATIONS to Derek Ford for notching the 1st. D-1 win against Northern Iowa on April 23rd. I noticed on gobison.com that he's not mentioned as the winner of that game, but the Doc put a big smooch on the ex-pro prospects butt for striking out 1 batter in the 7th.
CONGRATULATIONS to Derek Ford for being invited to try-out with the Colorado Rockies with his bro Greg in Billings, Mt 2 weeks ago. To bad the good "Dr." NEVER offered a word of encouragement.
CONGRATULATIONS to Derek Ford for working hard and graduating with a BS in Psychology and a minor in history. One day the Dr. in front of your name will really mean something.

Love, Dad

ballboy
05-13-2005, 01:07 AM
Darn S_Y_Y.. You should be on CSI. :D But your right. It should of said Love, Dad and Mom and Paul and Jay and Greg and Lauren and Marrissa and Vicky and Grandpa and Grandma and Kala and Karina and Ted and Justin and Uncle George(R.I.P.) and Bob and Bill and Aunt Kim and Uncle Doug and PeeWee and Tiny and Big D and Uncle Danny and Joe B. and Tim Effta and Coach Diegel and ALL the chicks at Hooters and Ike and Tina Turner and Larry Jones(aka)Chipper, who still says he can hit ya and Aunt Mary and Nat and Alfred E. Neuman and Ward and June Cleaver and lest we not forget Lumpy and last, but most importantly.. Love, Kerry :-*

RxBison
05-13-2005, 05:26 AM

GoBison DOES say he got the win. Read the WHOLE story about the UNI game. This is supposed to be a fan site for discussion, not a family site to whine about playing time and coaching. It's your choice to play for the team or to not play. I think you're an embarrassment to the team and the player especially.

On a side note... it must be a Rockies FANTASY camp.

ballboy
05-13-2005, 12:50 PM
Yes Mitch you are correct. The box score does say who got the win. I guess I was looking in the press release where no mention is made of who won. I was glad to see that the closer threw 4 pitches and got his first save of the year. Congratulations are in order. I would like to apologize to the team and the player for being an embarrassment to them. I promise to never whine or complain about the coaches again. I will never forget that this is a fan site ment for discussion only, and that family members are to never be mentioned or congratulated in any way. I was wrong for saying something about the invite from the Rockies. It was only a FANTASY. I made up that story. I lied. Please forgive me Rx

moron_detector
05-13-2005, 06:42 PM
I'm brand new to this message board garbage!
While there are some decent observations and information being exchanged by a few, it's mainly a bunch of idiotic bashing by a few has beens, or wannabees. These baseball threads are insanely stupid!
Hey moron's! I know it's your God given right to express your opinions in the good ol' USA, just don't get your panties in a bunch when I start telling you how stupid you are, and unlike most of your posts, the reason why.

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
05-13-2005, 06:45 PM
While there are some decent observations and information being exchanged by a few, it's mainly a bunch of idiotic bashing by a few has beens, or wannabees. *These baseball threads are insanely stupid!
Hey moron's! I know it's your God given right to express your opinions in the good ol' USA, just don't get your panties in a bunch when I start telling you how stupid you are, and unlike most of your posts, the reason why.

Wow, good to have you here. I guess we would have just kept going on not knowing anything if you wouldn't have joined. Thank goodness you're here! ::)

IowaBison
05-13-2005, 08:02 PM
While there are some decent observations and information being exchanged by a few, it's mainly a bunch of idiotic bashing by a few has beens, or wannabees. *These baseball threads are insanely stupid!

do you want to tell us the reasons why or are you a self loathing moron?

SiouxFallsJack
05-13-2005, 08:25 PM

Sounds like a troll, or has someone come up with a new identity?

ballboy
05-13-2005, 09:25 PM
Mr. Moron, please remember this is a fan site ment for the discussion of Bison wins only. If and when we get another win then you will see us start discussing. In time you will see that your bashing of other members is a waste of your detection talent and could be embarrassing to those who read your flames. Furthermore, the condition of my panties has nothing to do with the subject of discussing wins. Be patient. We could start discussing at any time now. 8)

ballboy
05-14-2005, 01:22 AM
Well fans not much to discuss tonite.

Game #1. Valparaiso 11-7
Game #2. Valparaiso 6-1

Tim Erickson I applaud you on your 12 game hitting streak. I hope you start another run tomorrow. Job well done! ;)

somebison
05-15-2005, 12:25 AM
Bison sweep today win a pair of 1 run wins of Valpo
10-9
5-4