PDA

View Full Version : Moving Forward

Paulie
07-12-2005, 04:01 PM
Instead of waiting for a conference to make up their mind the time is now to control destiny, get the clock ticking, and establish a conference. Then if an established conference wants to raid this one for whoever they want, so be it.

Conference X:

Utah Valley State
Texas - Pan American
NDSU
SDSU
Indiana Purdue Ft. Wayne
Longwood

Not perfect for anyone but it will do for now.

JBB
07-12-2005, 05:00 PM
Im on board with you Paulie. This is the right thing to do if the others want to cooperate with the plan.

WYOBISONMAN
07-12-2005, 05:09 PM
.....Kind of like a one night stand..... :o

Gamehunter
07-12-2005, 11:21 PM
with a fat chick :o :o :o

WYOBISONMAN
07-13-2005, 05:58 PM
Go get her .................. ;)

http://home.freeuk.com/markaldridge/ugly/femail/bikini.jpg

wfduck
07-14-2005, 12:07 PM
no need to go get her...just set out a donut and wait a few day's for her to roll over. what do you do when she comes?

Paulie
07-14-2005, 03:40 PM
Go get her .................. ;)

http://home.freeuk.com/markaldridge/ugly/femail/bikini.jpg

You'll need 'Longwood' to get anywhere with her.

Gamehunter
07-14-2005, 09:02 PM
You'll need 'Longwood' to get anywhere with her.

LMAO
LMAO
:D :D

WYOBISONMAN
07-18-2005, 01:50 PM
Yep......get out the Big Bertha War Bird!!!!

JBB
07-18-2005, 02:46 PM
This may not be everyones favorite choice, but there was a time when we were picking and choosing like we had a choice. *Even if it only matures into a scheduling affiliation as suggested in a recent Forum article it might save us the problem of finding 10 games for men/womens BB until we move through the transition and become a little more desirable for some conferences. *It might also grow into something worth having and being a part of.

"Taylor said the remaining six independent schools - NDSU, SDSU, Texas-Pan American, Indiana Purdue-Fort Wayne, Savannah State (Ga.) and Utah Valley State - are putting together letters of agreements and scheduling options for sports such as men's and women's basketball.

"We'll continue to move forward as much as we can," he said.

Paulie
07-18-2005, 03:35 PM
Savannah State in basketball baby! ::)

JBB
07-18-2005, 11:05 PM
Savannah = Augi. or UMD
Utah Valley State = *UMD or Augi
Indiana Purdue-Fort Wayne = Mankato
Texas Pan Am = SCSU
Longwood = USD
SDSU = SDSU.

Not as good as the Mid Con, to be sure, but I think its better than the NCC.

Play them twice and Im only looking for 10 games or so. *I know that every year. *Most of my travel costs are fixed. *

We would be working toward an Auto bid.

Out of the remainder games would come some nice guarantees and some nice home/home series. *(Of course even as an independent guarantee games with the big name schools will happen with tv and a lot of local interest)

We would have a championship to play for.

If we want we can always switch our conference affiliation. *We proved that leaving the NCC to become DI independent.

Gamehunter
07-19-2005, 12:06 AM
I see that conference being alot like the NCC. Usually only 1 or 2 teams even have a 'chance' at winning the conference championship. I'm all for it untill something better comes up, but you wont see me jumping up and down when we win the conference title every other year with SDSU taking all of the rest.

JBB
07-19-2005, 02:43 AM
If thats true, our stock in DI will rise fast! 8)

wfduck
07-19-2005, 12:06 PM
Are there any probationary regulations with jumping a conference?

Does UNC face any sanctions/limitations from NCAA or the BS by jumping into the Big Sky? If not then why would we care if we are only in a conference for a couple years and jumping to another?

mikelsch
07-19-2005, 04:31 PM
Longwood is pursuing other conference options according to Kolpack's article on Sunday.

roadwarrior
07-19-2005, 05:37 PM
Apparently with all of the moves from conference to conference by the major schools, there probably is no penalty for moving.