PDA

View Full Version : Kids Want to Play D1

gwendel
08-04-2005, 01:44 AM
Someone on one of these boards (UND2?) has tried to argue that being D1 doesn't give a school that much advantage in recruiting athletes. They also say that area athletes don't have a chance to compete at the D1 level. Tell that to Kristen Kleven of Wahpeton, expected to sign a letter of intent to play volleyball at NDSU in 2006:

Kleven had hoped to play volleyball in college, but was more than a little overwhelmed by the attention she received, especially from Division I NDSU.

"I didn't think I was DI (Division I) like that," Kleven says. "I was just happy that a college was looking at me."

"I love volleyball so much. I'm just really in shock that they want me to play there."

Full story at: http://www.wahpetondailynews.com/articles/2005/08/03/sports/sports01.txt

Rodentia
08-11-2005, 10:38 PM
D-I is an enourmous advantage in recruiting. Not too many recruits will pick a D-II school over a D-I school if both offer a scholarship.

Bison_Thrower
09-03-2005, 08:51 PM
I Chose NDSU over a D-II school. It is just more appealing. And they can offer better scholarships.