PDA

View Full Version : Money!!!!!!!!

anonumus
10-30-2005, 04:36 AM
Im just curious to get a feel from all the other sports at NDSU. How does it feel that the football program gets anything they want while all other sports with the exception of womens basketball suffer. You have a contract with Minnesota for football and the administration will finally see what all of us already know. There is a big difference from Division 1AA and what everyone else is competeing at DIV1A. Yet football gets everything they want. I want to know your feelings on this.

TheBisonator
10-30-2005, 04:57 AM
Please.... Leave.

For God's sake, PLEASE....... leave.

anonumus
10-30-2005, 05:02 AM
The last time I checked this site was named Bisonville.com not Bisonfootballville.com. I just want equal oppurtunity for all athletes in all sports. Not just football and basketball asking for something and getting it right now.

silkamilkamonico
10-30-2005, 05:07 AM
The last time I checked this site was named Bisonville.com not Bisonfootballville.com. *I just want equal oppurtunity for all athletes in all sports. *Not just football and basketball asking for something and getting it right now. *

Football and basketball get more money because they generate more revenue for the school.

Ain't that hard to figure out really....

See Yuz.

coloradobison
10-30-2005, 05:17 AM
well said Silk.

anonumus
10-30-2005, 05:35 AM
Please tell me how much revenue can be made with all your expenses. Salaries equipment travel Craig Bohl's suburban outweigh 6 home games averaging 15000 fans. Do the math people.

silkamilkamonico
10-30-2005, 05:37 AM
Please tell me how much revenue can be made with all your expenses. *Salaries equipment travel Craig Bohl's suburban outweigh 6 home games averaging 15000 fans. *Do the math people. *

Talk to playmakers about revenue, who have already generated over $1.4 million this year alone.

A+ in math!

How's your research? * WhoopS.........

See Yuz.

anonumus
10-30-2005, 05:50 AM
Yea lets do some math whoops.
Overall football budget at least 2 million.

Whoops do some math.

DIBISON
10-30-2005, 05:52 AM
Football and basketball are the revenue producing sports at most institutions, except those that take a back seat to hockey. That's why those hockey schools are in the red!! Anonumus, 15,000 fans is darn good and pays alot of bills, considering that it is more than than the tin shed at Grand Forks holds.

silkamilkamonico
10-30-2005, 05:54 AM
Yea lets do some math whoops.
Overall football budget at least 2 million.

Whoops do some math.

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting the only money we get is from playmakers..... ::)

Oh.

See Yuz.

You don't even understand what your trying to argue.

coloradobison
10-30-2005, 05:57 AM
i think you mean teammakers Silk. though i believe playmakers is a sponsor.

anonumus
10-30-2005, 05:58 AM
Tell me how much a home football game generates then. That is the only money they are bringing in other than teammakers. So if teammakers and Im a member has generated 1.4 million this year they are still roughly 500 thousand to a million short.

coloradobison
10-30-2005, 05:59 AM
if you have such a desire to know, i'm pretty sure you can get the financial statements of the athletic department since it is a public institution

silkamilkamonico
10-30-2005, 07:01 AM
Tell me how much a home football game generates then. *That is the only money they are bringing in other than teammakers. *So if teammakers and Im a member has generated 1.4 million this year they are still roughly 500 thousand to a million short.

Teammakers right my bad.

1)There is more then 1 home game.

2)the year isn't over with.

3)guaranateed money from other schools.

4)school budgets

They have been doing this for years. Don't think you woke up one day having it all figured out when they have been doing this for years.

Go back to UND.

See Yuz.

anonumus
10-30-2005, 07:04 AM
First of all I graduated from NDSU in 1988. Played football here for 4 years. I'm just looking for fairness. Let me tell you this. If you think the football team has made money since the move to Div1 then your blind. I did do the math and it is in the red.

silkamilkamonico
10-30-2005, 07:08 AM
First of all I graduated from NDSU in 1988. *Played football here for 4 years. *I'm just looking for fairness. *Let me tell you this. *If you think the football team has made money since the move to Div1 then your blind. *I did do the math and it is in the red.

SHow me.

I refuse to believe a commoner knows more about NDSU's financial situation then the people who have been doing it for year's.

Teammakers have doubled their revenue since the D1 move alone.

NDSU exceeded their athletic budget last year in their first full year in the D1 transition.

See Yuz.

coloradobison
why are we arguing about this in 2 threads?

DIBISON
Whatever, I graduated from undII and I understand that this is only the second year of the transition period to DI athletics. And I understand that without the Bison football revenue their athletic department would be in the red just like undII is.

silkamilkamonico
10-30-2005, 07:09 AM
why are we arguing about this in 2 threads?

He's a UND fan upset at his teams miserable loss today and came over here to start something to try and make himself feel better.

See Yuz.

NDSUstudent
10-30-2005, 07:18 AM
Here are last years $$ numbers for NDSU athelitics:

Revenues

*Men's Teams * * * * * Women's Teams * *Total

Basketball $409,706 *$390,467 * * * * * *$800,173 *

Football $1,309,531 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * $1,309,531 *

Total Revenues of all other sports
* * * * *$319,585 * * * * $575,619 * * * * * *$895,204 *

Total Rev. $2,038,822 *$966,086 * * * * $3,004,908 *

Not allocated by gender * * * * * * * * * * * $3,275,563 *

Grand Total * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *$6,280,471 *

Expenses

*Men's Teams * * * *Women's Teams * * * Total

Basketball $534,113 *$478,436 * * * * * *$1,012,549 *

Football $1,553,273 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *$1,553,273 *

Total Expenses of all other Sports,combined
* * * * * * $692,166 * * $1,008,830 * * * * *$1,700,996 *

Total Exp. $2,779,552 *$1,487,266 * * *$4,266,818 *

Not allocated by gender * * * * * * * * * * * $2,054,059 *

Grand Total * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * $6,320,877 *

http://ope.ed.gov/athletics/InstDetail.asp?CRITERIA=3

Go look a around and I bet you will see that NDSU's numbers are*very close to other IAA schools and the $$$ alowances will be much more balanced in 2008 when the athletic budget hits 10 million.

anonumus
10-30-2005, 07:25 AM
First of all it is not 2008 and everything I said is true by the numbers.

NDSUstudent
10-30-2005, 07:42 AM
everything I said is true by the numbers.

Is it really? NDSU football is offering the best return on money spent and football also generates the most donations into athletics. Football drives the budget and therefore should get most of the funding. In todays world of college football you need to spend money in order to be successful. If NDSU did what you suggest you would not only be putting football in the tank but also every sport that NDSU has would be in the tank. I am all for having athletic success across the board but not at the expense of putting the entire athletic program in danger.

anonumus
10-30-2005, 09:14 AM
Tell me how it is a good investment when ypu ;ose 200,000 dollars. Hey student I have a suggestion for you. Go to your economics class. How can football travel with lets 70 guys and buy up 30 ectra seats. Is that fair to the other programs who have to bus everywhere. What about using that money instead of buying the seat in between people to give a extra scholarship to track and field. Or use it else where. No we our going to use it for a empty seat on the plane. That makes alot of fricken sense.

sambini
10-30-2005, 09:50 AM
Give the athletic department a call or email they will tell you.

BisonBacker
10-30-2005, 01:56 PM
Tell me how it is a good investment when ypu ;ose 200,000 dollars. *Hey student I have a suggestion for you. *Go to your economics class. *How can football travel with lets 70 guys and buy up 30 ectra seats. *Is that fair to the other programs who have to bus everywhere. *What about using that money instead of buying the seat in between people to give a extra scholarship to track and field. *Or use it else where. *No we our going to use it for a empty seat on the plane. *That makes alot of fricken sense.
I thought Tony Banned this undii troll ;)

Jeffdaryl3rd
10-30-2005, 03:56 PM
As a former athlete (not football or basketball) I have no problem with the football program getting the bulk of the money and getting whatever they want. *The athletic department's strategy has been to get football to the scholarship maximum ASAP so they count as a BCS game to a major conference school (Minnesota) so that they can collect the resulting lucrative payoff for said game. *Even if this were not the strategy of the athletic department, football is king everywhere except a couple schools out east and at undII (i.e. schools with a major hockey program and D2 or low level D1aa football program). *So NDSU is $40,406 in the hole after one season of division I play. *Anybody else really care?

Gamehunter
10-30-2005, 11:20 PM
I really don't think "anonumus" is a UND supporter, but I could be wrong. However, I am about positive he has nothing to do with NDSU either.

Tell me how it is a good investment when ypu ;ose 200,000 dollars. Hey student I have a suggestion for you. Go to your economics class. How can football travel with lets 70 guys and buy up 30 ectra seats. Is that fair to the other programs who have to bus everywhere. What about using that money instead of buying the seat in between people to give a extra scholarship to track and field. Or use it else where. No we our going to use it for a empty seat on the plane. That makes alot of fricken sense.

You claim that you graduated college and you can't even figure out the economics behind putting money into the football program at a school with an ultra-successful football program such as NDSU? :o

I have my serious doubts you played on the 1988 Championship football team.

1) ...Would not name themselves "anonumus"

2) would know how to spell if graduated from NDSU

3) would hopefully know a thing for two about economics if graduated from above said school

4) Would probably get the hint that they have no clue about university finances.

kchats
10-31-2005, 12:41 AM
And ex-football players do not spend their time complaining the football program has too much money in the budget. ;)

roadwarrior
10-31-2005, 03:03 AM
Just to clarify: the football team charters planes to the away games from Northwest Airlines. (the planes look just like the ones you might board at Hector, because they are the same) There is one flat cost for the plane, no charge per seat. (there are also regular NWA pilots and even flight attendants on board) The flights take off from Fargo and fly to the airport nearest the team that we are playing that can accomodate the plane. (length of runway)

The plane returns to Fargo after the game is completed saving hotel rooms for another night.

sambini
11-01-2005, 02:04 AM
You are right on Road.

Bison77
11-01-2005, 03:23 AM
Having been involved in the football program for 5 years ending last fall I don't believe the NCAA would allow the extra seats to be sold, so the extra seats remain empty.
Without football the Teammaker donations would probably decrease by at least 1/2 if not more.

Snurd
11-04-2005, 10:56 PM
I played baseball at NDSU and obviously we didn't have near the budget that football did, but it's not like you should expect to. Football by far brings in the most money and gets the most donations so they are going to have higher budgets and get things that other teams don't. It's not that big of a deal. When most people think of NDSU they usually think of football. Other sports have done well but football will always be #1, and with the 1AA classification they will compete early (and already are) compared to the rest of the sports. That's the way I see the situation.

sambini
11-05-2005, 05:10 AM
++

DG_Moore
11-07-2005, 12:53 AM
Without money from other sports and TeamMakers donations; it would have been absolutely impossible for Men's and Women's track and field to totally dominate the NCC and do so well in national competion for the past 17 years. The money we will get from the MN football game alone will cover a lot of losses.

Charter flights may be expensive but they save a lot of time for student athletes and, I guess, don't cost all that much more when savings in food and motels are considered. (When I was at OKlahoma State back in the dark ages the University had a signifincant flying program. We Animal Science graduate students did quite a bit of demonstration work on OK ranches. Being able to fly in light planes turned a three day trip into a single day. Besides, it was fun.)

Unless revenue sports are well enough funded to produce revenue; non revenue sports are not going to get any money from them.