PDA

View Full Version : Kirby Puckett Sad News

SDbison
03-07-2006, 02:02 AM
Just heard Kirby Puckett passed away sometime today. *He was 44 years old. *Apparently a result of the stroke he had the other day. *

MinotBison
03-07-2006, 02:10 AM
Just heard Kirby Puckett passed away sometime today. *He was 44 years old. *Apparently a result of the stroke he had the other day. *

He was one of the best.

BisonBacker
03-07-2006, 02:51 AM
Sad day in Minnesota and for Baseball fans everywhere. He was actually 45 according to the Twins and the Star Trib.

roadwarrior
03-07-2006, 02:57 AM
I was lucky to have been in the Metrodome for the 7th game of the World Series in both 87 and 91.

We were driving back to Fargo from Greeley after a football game against the Bears and were listening to the 6th game in 1991. It was difficult to pick up a good radio signal across central Nebraska, but we were intently listening to the game when Kirby hit the homer to send the series to the 7th game.

Glad we had him on the Twins team.

sambini
03-07-2006, 03:12 AM
A sad day for Twins fans and he will be missed.+++++++++++++++++++++

kchats
03-07-2006, 03:18 AM
I was shocked when I read that. He was a great player and always seemed to be having fun. Sad day for the Twins and Twins fans. He was the Twins during their glory years.

WYOBISONMAN
03-07-2006, 03:24 AM
Puckett was a favorite of my family when we lived in St. Paul.....He will be missed by Twins fans everywhere...He always seed to have a smile on his face......

BraxtonT
03-07-2006, 05:42 AM
Road,

I was also somewhere in Nebraska coming back from Greeley that night when Kirby hit the home run. I was with two of my buddies in the Bluffs area of the western part of the state when it happened.

It is one of those things that you always remember where you were when it happens.

When I heard the news about his death, one of my first thoughts took me back to Nebraska on that late Saturday night.

Every kid in America should watch highlights of Kirby. He played the game exactly the way it should be played
----100% with a :) on his face.

BisonMav
03-07-2006, 12:11 PM
A great man was lost yesterday.
He was Baseball in this area for 10 years.

MplsBison
03-07-2006, 02:39 PM
The best player in Twins history.

Maybe this will spark something down at the capitol and get a stadium deal signed.

If not, I fear this is the final season for the Twins.

BisonMav
03-07-2006, 02:40 PM
KSTP News Report (http://kstp.dayport.com/viewer/content/special.php?Art_ID=165870&Format_ID=2&BitRate_ID=8 &Contract_ID=731&Obj_ID=3)

Wacker_in_the_Hall
03-07-2006, 04:55 PM
For once I am in agreement with McFeely-----I believe Kirby was the not only the best Twins player in Franchise history---but the best athlete ever to wear a Minnesota uniform in any sport.

I went to high school with Kent Hrbek---was lucky enough to get invited down to the field in 1993, My son was 5 years old and knew all the Twins. We walked down by the dugout--Kent greeted me, and gave a ball to my son. I introduced my son to Kent---He looked at Kent and said "where is Kirby Puckett at"

That is the kind of impact he had on all Minnesotans--it is a sad day..........

Leonardite
03-07-2006, 05:44 PM
Incredibly sad. Denny Hocking said on Sportscenter last night that he feels without Kirby Puckett, there would be no Minnesota Twins franchise today. It's hard to argue with that and it really puts his impact into perspective.

MplsBison
03-07-2006, 10:48 PM
Kirby Puckett field at Best Buy Stadium, opening in 2009 downtown Mpls?

IowaBisonToo
03-08-2006, 02:13 PM
One of the best - he will be missed. :( Still get chills every time I see him leap against the wall in '91 and then to crank one out after that. I'm glad I got to see him during his career. Not many people can say they got to watch one of baseballs greats compete during his whole career. Rest in peace, Kirby.

buffalobill
03-08-2006, 09:21 PM
Touch 'em all Kirby Puckett!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

sambini
03-08-2006, 09:24 PM
+++++++++++++++++++++

tony
03-09-2006, 09:09 AM
I can't read his name without remembering how all the little kids would yell "Keeerby!" They sure loved him.

SUSDog
03-09-2006, 04:33 PM
The midwest will never again see an athlete that captured the hearts of everyone that saw him play like Kirby did. I bet if you look at hospital records in MN, Iowa and ND since 1987 you're gonna find a lot of babies being named Kirby. I think everykid in ND and MN used to try to hit the ball out like Kirby in Game 6 and then pump their arms when they ran the bases.

#34 GOAT

sambini
03-10-2006, 02:37 AM
Anyone going to the memorial at the metrodome on sunday?

OCBison
03-10-2006, 03:58 AM
Puckett was a favorite of my family when we lived in St. Paul.....He will be missed by Twins fans everywhere...He always seed to have a smile on his face......

Was he a favorite when he was molesting and beating women?

Just wondering.

BisonBacker
03-10-2006, 04:20 AM

Just wondering.
Really classy comment given the circumstances. Oh and don't let the minor detail that he was found not guilty get in the way. Go crawl back under that rock you drug yourself out from under and stay there. The mans dead for christ sake. I would dare say he's done more then any other professional athlete from Minnesota in the way of fund raising for different charities as well as making appearances to lift the spirits of kids and adults and yet you come on here with that garbage. Do us all a favor and don't post again.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
03-10-2006, 06:13 AM

Just wondering.

OC Bison------Kirby was never convicted of any charges....

Was he a perfect husband??--........No he was not

Tell me this OC Bison are you perfect??--last perfect guy I knew lived 2000 yrs ago

It is really easy to make a stupid remark like that----consider your remark forgiven.

Kirby Puckett RIP

BisonMav
03-10-2006, 01:59 PM

Just wondering.

Do you know what really went on?

BisonBacker
03-10-2006, 10:14 PM
Kirby Puckett field at Best Buy Stadium, opening in 2009 downtown Mpls?
I agree with this comment only different location. Downtown Minnepaolis is not the place for the new stadium. RIP Kirby

lakesbison
03-11-2006, 12:41 AM
by O.C..... I love her hippy feministic attitude though..... I got $50 she votes for HILLARY..

Just delete it.... BTW> I was at Kirby's memorial wall outside ndsu-goph baseball game.. what a nice touch..

sambini
03-13-2006, 02:38 AM
Kirby rest in peace.++++++++++

BisonMav
03-13-2006, 12:22 PM
Great memorial service last night at the metrodome. Speeches by Cal Ripkin Jr, Dave Winfield, TK, Killer, Herbie. Mud Cat sang Wonderful World.

Touch em All Kirby. :)

sambini
03-13-2006, 08:11 PM
++++++++++++++++