PDA

View Full Version : WOMEN'S EQUESTRIAN PROGRAM

buffalobill
04-12-2006, 09:24 PM
:)GREAT BALANCE FOR ANY TITLE IX ISSUES AND THE ABILITY TO TAP A TOTALLY NEW SOURCE OF SUPPORT AND REVENUE :) :)

Bisonguy
04-12-2006, 10:45 PM
WAC ATTACK for Equestrian!!!

NDSU already has a good (albeit fledgling) club equestrian team.

Jeffdaryl3rd
04-22-2006, 02:46 AM
I would be very interested to see what the costs of an equestrian team would be. *I would have to imagine they would be pretty high, but then again I could be totally off-base here since I don't really know anything about equestrian. *Being in ND, I assume the team would probably be well supported, but it is just hard for me to swallow equestrians in the AD. *Either way, might be worth gathering some facts on.

WYOBISONMAN
04-24-2006, 02:36 PM
Anything with horses is expensive.....I will guarantee that..... ;)

bisonaudit
04-27-2006, 09:08 PM
The whole equestrian thing just smells from start to finish.

Four guys in a cigar room in Bismarck got a big idea to build a race track, got together with their cronies in the state government and convinced them to fund it with tax money because that's the only way they could that kind of 'road to nowhere' type debacle built in an area without a broad base of equestrian interest, sufficient population to support a track, or willingness to allow the expansion of non-indian gaming. Now they want to prop the thing up with a competitive collegiate equestrian team?

If you want to get something done in this state, go to one of the guys on the horse racing commission, if they can make this thing go, they can do anything. Rediculous

Jeffdaryl3rd
05-01-2006, 11:23 PM
I am going to continue assuming that having an equestrian team would be cost prohibitive to NDSU until I am proven wrong. Even if NDSU had money just laying around for another sport, I think there are better options than this.

Bisonguy
05-02-2006, 01:25 AM
I am going to continue assuming that having an equestrian team would be cost prohibitive to NDSU until I am proven wrong. *Even if NDSU had money just laying around for another sport, I think there are better options than this.

IF another women's sport needed to be added there are a few potential benefits:
NDSU already has a equine facility, the sport would fit in well with the Equine Science program, and it would allow access to a new group of potential financial support.

Jeffdaryl3rd
05-02-2006, 02:31 AM
Good points, I'm just saying I don't think that the athletic department has the money for an equine program. If the Animal Science department were willing to foot the bill, I'd have no problem with it, but I guess I'm not sold on this idea without some more information.

sambini
05-15-2006, 05:03 PM
WAC ATTACK FOR THE WOMENS WQUESTRIAN TEAM.++++++++++++++++++

buffalobilljr
06-04-2006, 02:51 PM
WAC ATTACK FOR THE WOMENS WQUESTRIAN TEAM.++++++++++++++++++
Rumor has it that a fairly well healed donor may step to the plate or more appropriately get into the saddle on initiating some sizeable cash and support for the Equine Center and the whole concept of the women's equestrian team. MY feeling is that the timing couldn't be better.

Dakota
08-10-2006, 11:21 AM
Big money among people who are interested in equines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bisonguy
08-10-2006, 08:49 PM

True. Equestrian may also help strengthen NDSU's ties to the western portion of the state, as well.

sambini
08-11-2006, 12:24 AM
Sounds good and keep us in touch Dakota+++++++++

bisonaudit
08-11-2006, 05:56 PM

True. Equestrian may also help strengthen NDSU's ties to the western portion of the state, as well.

Last time i checked there weren't a ton of show jumpers in ND east or west. These are not roping or cutting contests, they're jumping and dressage type of events.

Dakota
08-15-2006, 01:09 PM

Correctomundo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!