PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Article

bison_baseball
02-26-2007, 09:36 PM
http://www.ndsuspectrum.com/opinion/Spring07/2_27_07_opinion_d1.html

99Bison
02-28-2007, 03:21 PM
and yet another person missed the point...

met1990
02-28-2007, 05:14 PM
I don't think he missed the point. Remember when the Engineering grad program had a field day last year and brought in 19,000 fans? That happened, right?

IowaBisonToo
02-28-2007, 05:49 PM
Ah, yes . . . the speculum. Some good writers but, this is some casual students opinion. Not that there aren't a number more students on campus that don't think the same way but, you'll have this on any college campus that has a descent athletic presence. Nothing to worry about. I'm sure they'll be back playing Dungeons and Dragons or Settlers on Friday and Saturday nights in their dormitory, shortly. ;)

met1990
02-28-2007, 09:08 PM
I respect everyone's right to an opinion, but when I re-read the article, I had to laugh when I realized he started his letter with "In my 15 years of college so far...".

99Bison
03-02-2007, 02:53 PM
I dislike the think small, be small mentality :-X :o

02Bison
03-02-2007, 11:16 PM
I think Jeff has valid points. There is no need to bash an Electrical Engineering grad student who has taken the untraditional approach to his education. For all intents and purposes his many years of college have been more productive than lots of peoples' years of college. Not many can say they have participated in the kind of research he has done as both an undergrad and grad or can say they have gotten as much out of their time as he has.

Division I isn't all about athletics and he is making the point that the growing pains and rapid growth NDSU has experienced isn't all beneficial. I think those are valid points not to be discounted with "he missed the boat" blowoffs.

99Bison
03-04-2007, 04:37 AM
I think Jeff has valid points. There is no need to bash an Electrical Engineering grad student who has taken the untraditional approach to his education. *For all intents and purposes his many years of college have been more productive than lots of peoples' years of college. *Not many can say they have participated in the kind of research he has done as both an undergrad and grad or can say they have gotten as much out of their time as he has. *

Division I isn't all about athletics and he is making the point that the growing pains and rapid growth NDSU has experienced isn't all beneficial. I think those are valid points not to be discounted with "he missed the boat" blowoffs. *

The points you are attempting to make were not in the article.??