PDA

View Full Version : D-1 Desicion

siouxrock
10-04-2002, 09:27 PM
Sicne the other one is locked, start a new one hear but make sure u can understand it

10-05-2002, 08:33 AM
und alums might say "nobody knows who Idaho is, but we play Crookston." Thats not where I want to be. 3 natural rivalries are the Montana schools and Northern Iowa. Other games I want to see in Fargo: Grambling, Maine, Georgia Southern, Cal Davis, Delaware State, Youngstown State, Weber State, Portland State etc. most if not all are 19,000 seat sellouts.

whats interesting about NDSUs move to D1 is the fact that they are conforming to the athletic budgets of their new division. New D2 schools dont conform to the average D2 budget. They are in general much smaller budgets. NDSU joining D1 will in fact enhance the division. it will not water it down as crookston, and all the crookstons to come, are going to water down D2.

NDSU will never suggest that scholarships be cut or programs compromised. Unfortunately most new D2 schools will.

purplemavfan
10-06-2002, 02:26 AM
You are right.....the entire NCC should have moved up as a group. Division II will end up watered down, with scholarships reduced to accomodate the lower to middle-tier teams and their paltry budgets.

10-06-2002, 03:55 AM
I find it funny to hear somebody from North Dakota talking about the budget fo another university. Yes, I am sure the NDSU followers are excited. But you still are from ND. BELIEVE ME, this only matters to your small following.

siouxrock
10-06-2002, 03:51 PM
Guess who lost? THe bison
guess who won? THe sioux GO SIOUX
THE BISON OR 0-2 AND THE SIOUX ARE 1-1
GO SIOUX

10-07-2002, 12:53 AM
I find it funny to hear somebody from North Dakota talking about the budget fo another university. *Yes, I am sure the NDSU followers are excited. *But you still are from ND. *BELIEVE ME, this only matters to your small following.

NDSU followers are not particularly excited but are looking to the future and the challenge. My question is, of course, if it doesnt matter to anyone why did you bother to comment? You must be among our small following?