PDA

View Full Version : Proposal 39 adopted

tony
01-18-2003, 07:06 AM
I'm up late and saw that the NCAA Division II adopted "No. 39 Resolution -- Financial Aid -- Maximum Institutional Grant-in-Aid Limitations."

For those of you who didn't commit the original text to memory it went "Whereas blah, blah, blah Whereas blah blah blah" followed by:

Now, Therefore, Be It Resolved, that the NCAA Division II Management Council review the current financial aid limits in all sports by June 1, 2003, report its findings to the membership, and propose legislation for the 2004 NCAA Convention to adjust, if necessary, financial aid limits in specific sports to better reflect the Division II membership and its philosophy.

It'll be interesting to see what number they come up with for football.

BisonInTexas
01-18-2003, 07:47 PM
I'm up late and saw that the NCAA Division II adopted "No. 39 Resolution -- Financial Aid -- Maximum Institutional Grant-in-Aid Limitations."

For those of you who didn't commit the original text to memory it went "Whereas blah, blah, blah Whereas blah blah blah" followed by:

It'll be interesting to see what number they come up with for football.

Whatever number they come up with, you can be sure it will be less than the current. I would say it will be around 30. I wonder if this will open the eyes of some other NCC schools on the merits of staying DII.

Craig