PDA

View Full Version : Hockey in the Far West in the Future for NDSU??

Bison_Kent
03-29-2003, 03:35 AM
There is supposedly a new hockey league that will have Arizona State, BYU, Colorado State, *University of Utah and Weber State as the Hockey West Conference. *Here is a link to the Weber State (Big Sky member) talk page talking about the newly created western hockey conference. *

I wonder if NDSU gets into the Big Sky if the future we could be added into this conference. *

http://bigskyconference.community.everyone.net
and look under Weber State and then Weber State Atheletics and then the topic; Weber Hockey Moves Up. *

Charger
03-29-2003, 08:00 AM
I doubt it. The ACHA is a club league. That means they are not on the same level as und or the gophs. SDSU is currently a division three team in the ACHA i believe.

WYOBISONMAN
03-29-2003, 02:02 PM
NDSU used to have a very good club hockey team in the mid 80's and early 90's, but something must have made it fold. I was gone from NDSU by that time and never followed hockey a whole lot so I don't know the story. Anyone out ther know what happened to the old hockey team?

Bison49
03-29-2003, 03:00 PM
The hockey team lost funding because they did not follow all the Student Organization rules set by Student Government. I went to a few of their games in the last two years their were active. Not a lot of support for them on-campus at the time.