PDA

View Full Version : Davis Perspective

tony
07-21-2003, 04:26 PM
Here is the Davis take on the possibility of a new football conference: Davis Enterprise story (http://www.davisenterprise.com/display/inn_sports/164SPT1.TXT)

If you're short of time, the article says that it's a go unless NDSU and SDSU get into the Big Sky. I just don't see how the BSC is much of a possibility until after 2004 The article makes it sound like Taylor is still talking with them.

WYOBISONMAN
07-22-2003, 10:31 PM
I wonder if some of the schools may not want to form the new league if they think that NDSU and SDSU will bolt to the BSC in a couple years......

89rabbit
07-23-2003, 04:24 AM
I think this new conference as it is shaping up now is a short-term solution for many, if not all, of the schools involved (short term being defined as anywhere from 2-10 years). With all the flux in College football right now things may look completely different in a few years (or months). So I don't think they will be put off by our interest in the Big Sky. I think we are all looking for the proverbial "port in the storm" so to speak. No one wants to be an independent.