PDA

View Full Version : Televised Games

tony
09-05-2003, 06:24 PM
UND is supposed to decide by Monday whether they are going to play NDSU next year. Let's suppose that they drop the Bison from their schedule. NDSU loses a guaranteed TV game and there's no more bidding over the Bison-Sioux game either (hurts both schools).

NDSU will probably have at least one FB game televised every year but here's an idea: why don't SDSU and NDSU try to get their FB and basketball games televised every year statewide in both ND and SD? That might kindle a rivalry in a hurry.

If NDSU can get either Montana State or Montana on the schedule each year, that's another TV game that will cover two states.

Western Illinois, who just kicked the crap out of a DI-A team, gets on TV a fair amount - not sure if their viewing area covers NDSU's recruiting ground. Northern Iowa gets some TV time too.

Scheduling update: "Taylor said he's talked to UC Davis, which NDSU will play next week, Georgia Southern, Montana State and Saint Mary's, as well as a few Division II schools. Montana and North Dakota State will not play next season, although Taylor said he's hopeful the two teams will play again, possibly in the 19,000-seat Fargodome in Fargo, N.D." - that's from the Montana athletic site.

Crap, I'd like to wait a year or two before messing with Georgia Southern. I kind of hope that one falls through.

Bisonguy
09-05-2003, 06:38 PM
Does anyone know if the regional Foxsports will have I-AA games? They televised the NDSU/UNC game a couple years back. I wonder if they would televise it next year. There's also the possibility of a Football Network or College Sports Network picking up a game. If they do, I might have to get a dish ;D.

89rabbit
09-05-2003, 08:50 PM
I think an SDSU vs NDSU at I AA/I A would be a great TV games. KSFY and KELO in Sioux Falls have both televised our games in the past (usually SDSU vs Augie or USD) but if they got with a Fargo station to share expenses/revenue it would make total sense.

Go SDSU!
Go NDSU!

Good Luck with the Griz!

tymicTHUNDERZONE
09-06-2003, 12:25 AM
how is the game going to be on radio if the sioux are on?

Bisonguy
09-06-2003, 12:33 AM
NDSU and UND have separate stations that carry their games if that's what you're looking for.

The Bison/Grizzly game will be on TV across the whole state of North Dakota, including Grand Forks, home of UND.

tymicTHUNDERZONE
09-06-2003, 12:45 AM
ya but KFGO will carry the sioux game to i hear in fargo?

they alway do!!!

WDAY is what is on the radio though right?

Bisonguy
09-06-2003, 12:47 AM
WDAY AM is on the radio. WDAY is the ABC channel on TV. They own WDAZ in Grand Forks, where the Bison game will also be televised.

slsbison
09-06-2003, 12:50 AM
im wondering if the game will be on T.V nationally?

bison? are you on this site searching for info or are you doing something particular?

maybe we can meet up somehow and chat with us two and thunder and anyone else thats on?

Bisonguy
09-06-2003, 12:56 AM
How can you and thunder chat from the same computer?