PDA

View Full Version : New D1AA conference will be tough.

WYOBISONMAN
09-14-2003, 05:55 AM
I think after this weekend we can see that the new D1AA conference will be a good one. UNC played Idaho State very tough but lost. The Great West Conference will really be a boost to D1AA ball in the west.

89rabbit
09-15-2003, 01:44 PM
Everyone looks tough with the excetptions of St. Mary, and Southern Utah. Should be fun if it happens.

Go SDSU!

JACKGUY
09-16-2003, 11:08 PM
Seems to be very little public dialogue on the conference discussion from both NDSU and SDSU . I see the NDSU Athletic Director seems to believe there is still a possibility that we can get in the Big Sky Conference. I still think this is the best option, but I'm really starting to believe this potential football conference could be a powerful conference. Being a huge Jack Basketball and this being our premier sport I want to see us get in the best basketball conference as possible. The Missouri Conference continues to be my favorite, but understand it is a longshot. Has anybody gotten any new scoop on what is taking place behind the scenes with the NDSU and SDSU Presidents and Athletic Directors. Are they indeed working together as a package deal. I know many of the conferences are waiting on the 1A fallout from the football attendence requirements. I think the sooner we lock into a conference the better so that it doesn't affect recruiting and public support in the case of the Jacks.

WYOBISONMAN
09-17-2003, 03:17 PM
I for one very much prefer the Big Sky over anything else, but I am afraid that the Big Sky is a long shot. If the Big Sky does not materialize then the Great West is the next best option.

89rabbit
09-27-2003, 10:46 PM
UNC is leading Montana State 14-10 late in the 4th Qtr! Way to go Bears! ;D

89rabbit
09-27-2003, 11:06 PM
UNC did it they beat Montana St. 14-10. Congrats to the Bears! ;D

Go SDSU, Go NDSU, Go UNC, smart enough to get out of D II!

Bisonguy
09-28-2003, 03:54 AM
Congrats to the Bears for another Great Western over Big Sky win!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

wfduck
09-29-2003, 11:31 AM
Tusculum beat another 1AA team. They are rolling. UMontana beat 1A Idaho vandals. Can't remember the Davis score from Saturday nite.

I feel like an insecure girlfriend continuing to reassure myself. Even though I know NDSU is fine. It just continues to add more confidence to the d1aa move

89rabbit
09-29-2003, 03:44 PM
Davis had the week off. They play Sac State this weekend.

Go SDSU!

BisonMav
09-29-2003, 08:09 PM
How about Montana? #1 & 2 quarterbacks were out. Hit I-A Idaho for over 340 yards and 41 points running the option on Saturday.

WYOBISONMAN
09-29-2003, 11:32 PM
Montana is my pick to win the D1AA.

wfduck
09-30-2003, 12:35 PM
I hope Montanta does win it all. Talk about another boost for NDSU. If they take home the title, and NDSU has their number....wow.

89rabbit
09-30-2003, 04:00 PM
Would be very cool for both of us, it would go a long way in shutting up the nay sayers. Alas I don't think it will happen. There are to many quality teams ahead of them. McNeese St., Western Ill., Villanova, Delware, even last years champion Western KY are better bets to win this years I AA championship, but there is always hope.

Go SDSU
Go NDSU
Go Griz

BisonMav
10-03-2003, 04:59 PM
Oct 4th Games. I posted these on the I-AA site also.

North Dakota State @ Minnesota State-Mankato - NDSU
South Dakota State @ Nebraska-Omaha - SDSU
UC-Davis @ Sacramento State - UCD
Cal-Poly @ Montana - Montana
Montana State @ St Mary's - Montana St
Western Oregon @ Southern Utah - Southern Utah
Northern Colorado Bye

BisonMav
10-07-2003, 08:49 PM
How NDSU rates with the I-AA crowd using the Massey Poll.

New Western Conference
13. Cal-Poly
15. North Dakota State
18. Northern Colorado
19. UC-Davis (Should be higher, they have UCD losing to Sac St)
47. South Dakota State
49. Southern Utah
94. St Mary's

42. SUE

BisonMav
10-14-2003, 04:42 PM
October 11 Results
Nebraska-Omaha @ North Dakota State - NDSU 34-7
North Dakota @ South Dakota State - UND 25-24
Western Oregon @ UC-Davis - UC-Davis 27-7
Cal-Poly @ Akron - Akron 45-14
St Marys @ Lehigh - Lehigh 35-7
Texas State @ Southern Utah - Southern Utah 31-28
Western Washington @ Northern Colorado - UNC 48-17

October 18, Games
North Dakota State 5-1 at North Dakota 5-1
Minnesota State-Mankato 0-7 at South Dakota State 2-4
Western Washington 1-5 at UC-Davis 3-2
St Mary's 0-6 at Cal-Poly 3-3
McNeese State 4-1 at Southern Utah 3-3
Northern Colorado 5-1 at Florida Atlantic 5-2

BisonBizzo
10-15-2003, 03:56 AM
If this new conference happens, how long will the wait be or what qualifications do they need to have an automatic bid in the 1AA playoffs?

I would rather see the NDSU in the BigSky... or the enough NCC teams moving up to make a conference for all sports.

But even though the new conference has potential. The 4 leaving D2 schools (NDSU, SDSU, UNC, UCD) have shown they can compete. Cal Poly is having a hell of a year. Southern Utah is not bad. I believe Southern Utah almost and should of beat Nevada this year, and Nevada beat Washington last week. St Mary's is having a rough year, but they have had better teams in the past couple years then what they are showing this year.

BisonBizzo
10-15-2003, 04:14 AM
It wasn't just beating Montana that put a smile on my face that I couldn't get rid of... It was shutting up all the damn naysayers agains the move to IAA... NDSU will be a playoff contender in a couple years in 1AA just like D2... I just hope they change that damn new waiting period back to 2 years.