PDA

View Full Version : Future DI opponents

Bisonguy
07-05-2003, 02:05 AM
In an interview on today's 6 O'Clock WDAY news, Gene Taylor revealed the following:

The Big Sky and the Mid-Cont. are still the conferences that NDSU is pursuing (duh). He followed that with a comment about Miami and the ACC, and then said NDSU might possibly be in another conference after five years if there is enough shuffling.

Football- NDSU is talking with Georgia Southern for a home/home. Montana is in on the schedule. Western Illinois is very interested in scheduling games with NDSU. Taylor said in 4-5 years he wants a game with a IA opponent. He mentioned Iowa State and Minnesota as possibilities. He said he talked to the Iowa State Assistant AD and gave him his card.

Men's BB- Northern Iowa is on the schedule for next year.

Women's BB- Oklahoma is aware of NDSU's move to DI, and said they might be interested in coming up to NDSU. Oklahoma's coach said she wants her players to play at schools where there is good fan attendance.

Fargodome- Taylor said the Fargodome might be used if NDSU can land some good DI opponents. He said it probably won't happen for a few years, but the Fargodome can seat 13,000 for BB.

If you want to see the interview for yourself-CLICK HERE (http://www.in-forum.com/wday/)

Then click on 6:00 newscast and advance to 22:40.

Bison_Kent
07-06-2003, 03:02 PM
This is great news about Georgia Southern and Western Illinois to have home and home games. These are two of the top 20 teams in I-AA play along with Montana. Georgia Southern has won 6 I-AA titles. Western Illinois won the Gateway Conference last year.

BisonMav
10-16-2003, 10:44 PM
SDSU Board (http://diaafootball.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=sdsufb;action=display;num=1063769334 ;start=15#15)

The SDSU board has a post about possible Jackrabbit opponents. If SDSU gets GSU at home, that would be great. Hope we get GSU also.

Texas_Jacks_Fan
10-17-2003, 05:22 AM
It sounds like SDSU has GSU on the road next year and in Brookings the following year, this is also the case with Montana St.

wfduck
10-17-2003, 11:58 AM
Northern Iowa?
anyone
anyone

ndsubison
10-27-2003, 12:40 AM
What about Northern Colorado? It seems odd to me that they're not even mentioned, or did I miss something somewhere?????

Bisonguy
10-27-2003, 12:44 AM
I believe they will be on the schedule next year, along with UC-Davis, St. Mary's, and Montana State.

WYOBISONMAN
10-27-2003, 03:35 PM
It's too bad the Griz aren't on there. Great team and great tradition. We could have a tremendous series with them.

wfduck
10-27-2003, 07:08 PM
I'd love to see UNC, Northern Iowa on the schedule.

Bisonfan1234
10-28-2003, 03:32 AM
Lets go after GA Southern, Western IL, and Eastern KY!!

Bisonguy
10-28-2003, 04:36 AM
NDSU is going after Georgia Southern and Western Illinois. The problem is, they're scared after the win against the Grizzlies. ;D ;D

BisonBizzo
10-28-2003, 03:29 PM
Some time last year the Forum had a little article when they interviewed the AD at Northern Iowa... From what I remember I thought this guy had nothing but negative comments to say about the Bison's move to D1, something about they don't know what they are in for... I couldn't find the article in the archived Bison media articles, it was a small one I think. But at the time, I thought this guy is just scared because the Bison just moved into their recruiting territory... Now, that Gene Taylor hasn't metioned about any talks with Northern Iowa for football, do you think that this AD and Gene have their differences?

Just my off the wall thinking...

Bisonfan1234
10-28-2003, 03:42 PM
Very well could be. And yes we are going to be recruiting Iowa, maybe getting a couple of kids out of there.

If we could get a couple that are as good as Jordan Graff then we'll have had a success.

BisonInTexas
10-28-2003, 06:42 PM
Some time last year the Forum had a little article when they interviewed the AD at Northern Iowa... From what I remember I thought this guy had nothing but negative comments to say about the Bison's move to D1, something about they don't know what they are in for... I couldn't find the article in the archived Bison media articles, it was a small one I think. But at the time, I thought this guy is just scared because the Bison just moved into their recruiting territory... Now, that Gene Taylor hasn't metioned about any talks with Northern Iowa for football, do you think that this AD and Gene have their differences?

The article was in the GF Herald written by Virg Foss. I think there was a thread in this section on it, but I'd have to do a search and I am too lazy... ;)

Craig

NDSU_grad
10-28-2003, 07:14 PM
Iowa could be a great recruiting area. However, I think we'll probably stick to ND, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. SDSU should hit Iowa hard. This year one of the best running backs in the country plays for Valley High of West Des Moines. Martay Jenkins also came from the Des Moines area.

Bisonfan1234
10-28-2003, 08:14 PM
We've already started recruiting Chicago, so why stop there? I think Des Moines, Omaha, Detroit, and Canada will become main recruiting areas starting this season along with Chicago, Minneapolis, Madison-Green Bay-Milwaukee, and ND that we've already established.

BisonInTexas
10-28-2003, 08:47 PM

OK, maybe I am not so lazy - here is the link to the article in the Herald.

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforksherald/sports/4077975.htm

I have already expressed my opinions on Virg Foss interviewing ex-UND employees in assessing NDSU's chances in DI in a long past thread, so I won't waste my breath again.

Craig

JBB
10-28-2003, 09:47 PM
I agree BisonInTexas. That is one of the crown jewels in the anti Decision 1 media campain that und promoted. The only lie left standing is the end of rivalry lie. NDSU has offered the contracts. I hope they dont sign.

Bisonguy
10-29-2003, 03:04 AM
Northern Iowa used to be in the NCC. I think they will welcome NDSU to DI with open arms.

Bohl has stated for the umpteenth time, the other major areas of recruiting outside the immediate region including Minneapolis and Milwaukee will be Chicago, Detroit, and Houston . I'm pretty sure Enos and Malone might know a couple people in the Detroit area. It's also fairly well known that McInerney kinows some people in the Mississippi area. Malone also has some connections in Texas, as he was a high school coach in Texas and played college ball at Texas. This coaching staff has connections all over the country, and it will hopefully show in the recruiting.

Bisonfan1234
10-29-2003, 04:01 AM
Omaha and Des Moines...both are a mere 400+ miles away and both contain alot of talent.

dnk
10-29-2003, 05:02 AM
With this coaching staff our recruiting area is going to cover many states. Iowa turns out a lot of good
athletes but there are 3 D-1 schools in Iowa. Lots
of competition.

BisonMav
10-29-2003, 12:30 PM
According to todays Forum, 3 games are set in stone.

Bison have 3 games set

North Dakota State has three football dates signed for next year and a whole lot of talking left to do with several other schools.

Athletic director Gene Taylor said the Bison will play at Northern Colorado on Sept. 4, at California Davis on Nov. 6 and at St. Marys (Calif.) on Nov. 20. It appears the South Dakota State game will be Oct. 9, but it has yet to be determined whether it will be home or away, Taylor said.

Taylor said he is having talks with representatives from Portland State, Montana State, Georgia Southern and Nebraska-Omaha.

-- Jeff Kolpack

JBB
10-29-2003, 02:07 PM
I hope UNO stays on the schedule.

BisonInTexas
10-29-2003, 02:20 PM
I hope UNO stays on the schedule.

But wait, wouldn't that hurt UNO's playoff chances? Wouldn't they be better off playing Wayne State? ::)

It'd be pretty sad if other NCC teams still play the Bison but UND refuses.

Craig

BisonBizzo
10-29-2003, 03:18 PM
Thanks, BisonInTexas
It makes more sense that it was in the GF Herald, I normally don't read the herald that much...

Bisonguy,
I agree, I think it would be great to play an old conference foe like UNI again... And I would bet for football they will both take a look at each other sooner than later... It would be a good road game for both teams, less travel maybe more away fans... For other sports, they could have contracts on the table already...

I have never been more interested in scheduling processes for anything, like I am for the Bison right now...

JBB
10-29-2003, 03:25 PM
The best thing we can do is get rid of them. They dont look good right now. Obviously big snivelers. If they dont sign the contracts they cant play any other DIAA program unless they concoct yet another story like scheduling emergency or something. On the other hand if other NCC schools, or any other D2 school for that matter play NDSU they look bad.

The 2004 schedule is being proposed right now and it looks good to me. Forget und. I think we should play SDSU twice, once in Fargo and once in Brookings. Both could be the homecoming games. I wouldnt give roger "these are good kids, if only they would sit down" thomas any negotiating leverage. They can play usd twice.

siouxmenow
11-03-2003, 07:32 AM
Some time last year the Forum had a little article when *they interviewed the AD at Northern Iowa... From what I remember I thought this guy had nothing but negative comments to say about the Bison's move to D1, something about they don't know what they are in for... I couldn't find the article in the archived Bison media articles, it was a small one I think. * But at the time, I thought this guy is just scared because the Bison just moved into their recruiting territory... *Now, that Gene Taylor hasn't metioned about any talks with Northern Iowa for football, do you think that this AD and Gene have their differences?

siouxmenow
11-03-2003, 07:37 AM
GIVE me a break...I've talked personally..one on one...to UNI's AD...he says NDSU isn't welcome because they don't bring ANYTHING to the table for DI. They haven't payed their dues....don't have overwhelming money or influence...just a contrived sense of themselves. GET OFF IT!! DI leagues aren't PANTING for you to join them...it's the other way around..you're like the geeky kid wanting to join the cool kids club without proving yourself first. get a life....

SDSUFAN
11-03-2003, 08:20 AM
GIVE me a break...I've talked personally..one on one...to UNI's AD...he says NDSU isn't welcome because they don't bring ANYTHING to the table for DI. * They haven't payed their dues....don't have overwhelming money or influence...just a contrived sense of themselves. *GET OFF IT!! *DI leagues aren't PANTING for you to join them...it's the other way around..you're like the geeky kid wanting to join the cool kids club without proving yourself first. *get a life....

Arguements based on hostility will not work. I

SDSUFAN
11-03-2003, 08:23 AM
Opps hit the post button too soon. I just love those USD and UND fans that are so damn certain that they know what they are talking about. Its so much fun to observe their feelings of hostility and almost baby of the family feeling of being left at home in the crib, while the rest of the family is out enjoying themselves.

Bisonfan1234
11-03-2003, 04:07 PM
GIVE me a break...I've talked personally..one on one...to UNI's AD...he says NDSU isn't welcome because they don't bring ANYTHING to the table for DI. * They haven't payed their dues....don't have overwhelming money or influence...just a contrived sense of themselves. *GET OFF IT!! *DI leagues aren't PANTING for you to join them...it's the other way around..you're like the geeky kid wanting to join the cool kids club without proving yourself first. *get a life....

How would we prove ourselves? I know we've beaten up UNI in the past...does that count?

WYOBISONMAN
11-04-2003, 03:48 AM
OK....I am going to break the rules of behavior on this board.....but

siouxmenow need to go to his corner and beat off.....or do something other than posting this BS on this board...

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o