PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Bison Fargo Media?

sausage
10-18-2003, 06:28 AM
Has anyone ever noticed how anti-Bison a lot of Fargo's media is? I assume there's plenty of Moorhead and UND grads that work in the Fargo market.
I know that fat guy on ch. 4 wears a UND grad ring during every broadcast, but he's a horrible broadcaster. Scott Peter's bio talks about loving Sue hockey. We all know where Danny Hammer stands. I hear Charlie Johnson hates NDSU. Austin Schauer is a sue grad. It seems like Hallstrom and Jorgenson at least cover the Bison. Honestly, the only time in the last 10 years that I felt like the Bison broadcast team was on our side was after the missed FG in Missoula. I remember watching the KVLY 10pm broadcast the night of the Montana win and that girl with the bug eyes (Andrea Larson, a UND grad) introduced the new sports guy and asked him about the exciting Sioux opener vs. Crookston. I was like.............what the?

It makes me sick to my stomach!!!!!!!

met1990
10-18-2003, 07:22 AM
That's a very good point. The GF media has always been very pro-UND. The Fargo media is tending to get more that way likely due to the fact that many UND grads move to this town. Regardless, it really doesn't matter how they cover the game today, it's tough to be pro-UND after they get their butts kicked by the Bison.

BisonFan
10-19-2003, 12:40 AM
Its due to the influx of money hungry, hind kissing UND grads coming to Fargo to get a job!

siouxmenow
10-19-2003, 07:28 AM
well...i guess if you want to work on the farm you go to NDSU...if you want to OWN the farm (ie HAVE AN REAL JOB) you go to UND!! Don't blame us for the # of SUCCESSFUL people we produce! If I want to talk to an NDSU grad, I go to MacDonalds...and hope they get the order right! :)

wfduck
10-19-2003, 10:39 AM
WDAY sports director Stacey Anderson is an SU grad.

BisonWarrior
10-19-2003, 03:17 PM
Is that why WDAY is the ONLY station that does a decent job of covering the Bison. I agree it is pathetic! And Siouxmenow...that work the farm own the farm thing is soooo old I would think you could come up with some new material. Anyway tell that to Doug Burgum! He owns the farm and so much more!

BisonMav
10-19-2003, 03:39 PM
Posted by: siouxmenow Posted on: Today at 1:28am
..... Don't blame us for the # of SUCCESSFUL people we produce!

Suemenow obviously is not one of successful people. ;D

BisonFan
10-19-2003, 03:41 PM
I'm pretty sure there are just as many, if not more, successful NDSU engineering, business, accounting, ag econ, pharmacists, etc. as there are successful graduates from UND. *In fact, I do know that NDSU has the highest percentage of its accounting grads passing the CPA exam in the region. That includes all the Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota colleges. *NDSU's engineering has done some impressive things in solar car competitions and other senior design projects too. Stop using the "own the farm" line. Its just as old and pathetic as the "we have hockey" line. *By the way, who won the hockey game yesterday...Boston College did. *Go Bison!

Bisonfan1234
10-19-2003, 05:29 PM
Just to clear something up....NO ONE goes to college to be a farmer...you idiot! If you actually want to be a true farmer (nothing wrong with that) then it would be a complete waste of money to go to college. All you have to do is stay home and learn from your parents. Farming is all about experience.

However, if you want to go into the ag SCIENCES, then NDSU has a top-notch program. We also have top-quality, pharmacy, nursin, business, engineering, and architechture.

sausage
10-19-2003, 05:35 PM
Like I like to say.

If you want to own a billion dollar Microsoft business, go to NDSU.

If you want to work for a billion dollar Microsoft business, move to Fargo and go to NDSU.

And, if you want a government hand out, move to Grand Forks.

clyde
10-20-2003, 04:28 PM
Some very good points stated. Is this an organized conspiracy? I doubt it. But they the MEDIA should place the same accountabilty on UND as SU. The accountability meaning standards of conduct for athletes and coachs. They will not report nor investigate negative behavior of Sioux athletes. Case in point, UND reciever 1994 arrested for check forgery case went away. RT hushed it up. Where was the media? Former UND athlete 2 DUIs plays professionally any mention in the media? Former UND football player charged in federal court for loan fraud. How much attention did this recieve in relation to Jim Dick? Dale Lennons insult to SU (and the state) in comparison to Rockys knuckle head comment about a fan (individual) spitting on his wife. Where do you think much of the negative image of SU is perpetuated by SUE people in Fargo. Could you imagine the MORAL outrage if the administration of SU tried to cover up a felony check forgery of an athlete like they did in GF. Hail The Bison

JBB
10-20-2003, 10:22 PM
well...i guess if you want to work on the farm you go to NDSU...if you want to OWN the farm (ie HAVE AN REAL JOB) you go to UND!! *Don't blame us for the # of SUCCESSFUL people we produce! * If I want to talk to an NDSU grad, I go to MacDonalds...and hope they get the order right! :)

Well, the NDSU farm is over 17,000 acres. It is the largest land holding University in the nation. you do have a nice little college up there though, and a nice little town too. Lots of debt though. How much does your little town owe?

wfduck
10-20-2003, 10:36 PM
don't forget Grand Forks is going to tax the hell out of themselves to buy one of those cool new slip and slide water park deals. wow that's progressive

GFBison
10-20-2003, 11:27 PM
Yes, Grand Forks is now known as the "Rest Stop City", *by most of the small communities in the area. *You can only tax the visitors so much before they go elsewhere.

BTW, Bob Johnson (I think was his name) from Fargo had a vision of a similar water park over a decade ago. They just couldn't figure out how to make it work financially. They didn't want to burden the tax payers. What a visonary Mr. Johnson was, the Fargo Park district is still reaping the rewards of his leadership.

wfduck
10-21-2003, 02:11 AM
;)I hope they build ;)

right near interstate

so I can drive by it on my way to Devils Lake ice fishing

and watch the Fighting Suck figure skate on it during winter

GFBison
10-21-2003, 02:23 AM
It will be indoor water park. If they build it and it fails maybe we can turn it into a minnow pond. Then you can stop and buy your bait.

wfduck
11-10-2003, 11:15 PM
I read the Forum yesterday.....sure wish they treated NDSU they way the Bakken et al embrace the Sue...

cause ya gotta have dreams right?

tony
11-11-2003, 12:09 AM
I'd rather have credible media than Bakken, Schultz, et al.

wfduck
11-11-2003, 01:57 AM
I'd rather have credible media than Bakken, Schultz, et al.

ah Come on Tony admit it wouldnt you love to have some big time homers ;). A media corps that bleeds green/gold?

wouldnt it be nice? just a little bit?