PDA

View Full Version : Good Bye DII, Hello I-AA

Bison_Kent
11-17-2003, 01:24 AM
Now that the Playoff Selection Committee overlooked the Bison, we can concentrate on the I-AA move. Gene Taylor has a lot of work ahead in finding teams to play next year and also finding a conference.

There is about 9 months to next season. I am hoping there are several I-AA teams coming to Fargo and the Bison have some great road trips.

This next 9 months will definitely be very interesting.

WYOBISONMAN
11-17-2003, 04:10 PM
I am a little nervous about the number of open dates we seem to have on our schedule. *It would appear that SDSU is having much more luck with scheduling for next year.

89rabbit
11-17-2003, 04:20 PM
They fear you! They look at our cute cuddly mascot and think there is a win. We will show them the errors of their ways! ;)

Go SDSU!
Go NDSU!

Texas_Jacks_Fan
11-17-2003, 04:48 PM
What is the link to the pages that displays schools schedules/open/available dates? I know I've seen it on Bisonville but I can't seem to find it on any threads. any help? Thanks !

somebison
11-17-2003, 04:51 PM
What is the link to the pages that displays schools schedules/open/available dates? I know I've seen it on Bisonville but I can't seem to find it on any threads. any help? *Thanks !

http://www.afca.com/lev1.cfm/43

Bisonfan1234
11-17-2003, 04:54 PM
I see tons of great D1AA programs with open dates...i hope that Gene is talking with them.

Bison_Kent
11-17-2003, 05:07 PM
I know that the Bison have road games to UC-Davis and St. Mary's of California next year. I would also assume a road game to Brookings as SDSU came to Fargo this year. After that, I am not sure. Getting home games after the Montana win might be difficult. Who wants to lose to a new I-AA opponent? I am sure we could get some of the other new teams such as N. Colorado to come to Fargo and also believe there is a new independent in Louisana, SE Louisana??.

Also, someone like Illinois State or Indiana State would make for a big game. Or possibly, Delaware or Maine or New Hampshire from the east. I think the state schools would be a great draw as these are names that fans know.

I don't think Montana or Montana State will be on the schedule next year as I think they released their schedules already and NDSU is not on them.

somebison
11-17-2003, 05:08 PM
I am pretty sure we are playing at N. colorado next year

Texas_Jacks_Fan
11-17-2003, 05:39 PM
Thanks somebison, Thats a pretty interesting site. It appears its hard to schedule home dates with quality D1AA opponets during that first transitional year. Northern Colorado played most home dates this year against "run of the mill" D2 programs. I think it will be easier in 2005 and 2006 to put together a quality home schedule. I guess its just something we have to endure for a year or two. Basketball will be in the same boat, next year, most of SDSU's road games will be against D1 schools, while most home will be against D2. Apparently we dont count toward RPI ratings so many D1 schools shy away from scheduling us. that will all change the following year.

somebison
11-18-2003, 12:00 AM
A quote from Bohl

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/sports/7280717.htm

"I don't think the direction Division II football is going is an experience our players are really wanting," Bohl said. "I don't see Division II going a positive route."

I couldn't agree more. ;)

IowaBison
11-18-2003, 12:12 AM
Bohl is a smart man to figure out that D2 is getting hokey while many Bison fans are still trying to ignore that fact.

IMHO, NDSU and a few other teams in the NCC are really midmajor DI schools and have been for twenty years.

The only regret that I have in the whole move is that we didn't do it in the early 80's. I don't doubt for a minute that our championship teams from that time would have faired very, very well.

Herd_Mentality
11-18-2003, 03:09 PM
Getting hokey....is that like getting hockey? ;)

IowaBison
11-18-2003, 05:31 PM
No that's like getting hokey as in the hokey-pokey.