PDA

View Full Version : Sioux board shuts off D1AA topic.

WYOBISONMAN
11-27-2003, 03:16 AM
I have to admit I was surprised by Jim shutting that forum down. *A pretty strange move. *I guess Jim is living in a little denial about D1AA and ihe effect on the Sioux. *I had always thought he ran a fairly open board, but it seems like some of that good old NAZI sentiment has reared its head over there.

BisonMav
11-27-2003, 02:36 PM
From what I have heard, they may have $500 million reasons to drop the I-AA pursuit, therefore the discussion is meaningless.

JBB
11-27-2003, 02:38 PM
That thread had no more relevance to the whioux when it was started than it did when it was pulled. The whole purpose of the thread was to bash the State Universities for making the move, and especially to talk the move down before it was written in stone. I guess they have given up! Hopefully the whioux are a thing of the past. :D

BisonMav
11-27-2003, 02:42 PM
You have a good point JBB. Some of the posters on the SUE board will have a tough time coming up with anything to write anymore. No more I-AA to bash anymore.

SDSUFAN
11-27-2003, 04:03 PM
I cant get into Siouxsports.com, but I trust I have not missed anything. Those UNDERWEAR FANS dont have a sense of humor, nor heaven forbid do they tolerate people who might take issue with UNDERWEAR. Ralph the Norwegian Nazi shall not be questioned, only honored with a hand salute. The Ralph estate is something that needs more disclosure, but as some one else said, it maybe the biggest factor UNDWEAR not needing a D1AA thread and chosing to remain D2.

I hope Winona State kicks some A@@ this Saturday.

Dirty
11-27-2003, 05:02 PM
The DIAA board was not made solely for bashing NDSU/SDSU, quit fooling yourselves. It was meant to discuss what would happen to UND if they went DI and why NDSU/SDSU are going DI. This is unlike the smack talk board here who's sole purpose seems to be to bash UND. That's fine with me though, it is your board and you can do whatever you wish.

As far as Engelstad, make fun of him all that you wish. The problem is that you aren't original in making fun of him. You accuse Sioux fans of saying the same thing over and over again (how's your hockey team?), but you are just as guilty of it in talking about Engelstad (he's a nazi). It is true that he had strings attatched to him giving money to the University, who doesn't when they contribute that much money? And most people agreed with what he said. In fact, I bet many of you agree with his idea of keeping the nickname. You wouldn't want to admit that though because it would hurt your argument. ;)

I am certain that many other people would have stop contirbuting money to UND had the name changed. Engelstad was just the most vocal and probably wealthiest about it. I am sure many of you would consider stopping the contributions you give to NDSU if they did something to satisfy a small minority.

BisonMav
11-28-2003, 01:47 AM
Posted by: Dirty Posted on: Today at 11:02am
The DIAA board was not made solely for bashing NDSU/SDSU, quit fooling yourselves.
SOME UND fans used it for this purpose. Always saying, UND is smart, NDSU will fail, blah blah blah.

.....It is true that he had strings attatched to him giving money to the University, who doesn't when they contribute that much money? And most people agreed with what he said. In fact, I bet many of you agree with his idea of keeping the nickname. You wouldn't want to admit that though because it would hurt your argument.
Why does "strings attached" take on a negative meaning to UND fans. With that kind of money, the UND hockey program will probably be top notch for a long time. The strings may just mean that I-AA will not be an option during the lifetime of the trust fund. UND can be a top notch Division II school with great facilities.

Ralph made his own news with the Birthday party and fine. He was a public figure and open to smack. UND fans would do the same if this happened with a NDSU booster.

Bisonguy
12-01-2003, 03:21 PM
I believe that Jim is actually in favor of UND moving up to DI. :o

WYOBISONMAN
12-01-2003, 05:30 PM
Jim doesn't seem to have a very thick hide and maybe he was frustrated by the fact that NDSU moving up makes UND look like "also rans". Thus, ditching the D1AA topic got it off his board. Tony is certaintly much more of a "free speech" admin than is Jim.