PDA

View Full Version : Basketball Arena Sizes

Bison_Kent
12-11-2003, 06:29 PM
Big Sky
Weber State - Dee Events Center (12,000)
Montana - Adams Center (7,500)
Montana State - Brick Breeden Fieldhouse (7,250)
Northern Arizona - Walkup Skydome (7,000)
Eastern Washington - Reece Court (5,000)
Idaho State - Reed Gym (3,040)
Portland State - Scott Center (1,500)
Sacramento State - Hornet Gym (1,300)

SDSU would move right up there with Frost and NDSU (with the reconstructed BSA) would be in the top 4 as well and could possibly use the FargoDome for big games.

Bisonfan1234
12-11-2003, 07:43 PM
If we re-moddel the BSA, where will bball, baseball, sball, and track practice? This is assuming we'd still have the weight room and wrestling room in there somewhere.

Would much rather see a new arena.

Bison_Kent
12-11-2003, 08:40 PM
It has already been discussed that the BSA will be remolded. As for practice facilities, I have no idea. Maybe the Old Fieldhouse will be their home.

Bisonfan1234
12-11-2003, 10:13 PM
That is impossible.

The Benson Fieldhouse is probably smaller than Fargo North's main gym. It would be impossible to put an indoor track in there, where would it go?

Having vball there is already a dis-service to them.

We need a seperate arena and practice facility. Which one we build as new is the only question.

I guess remodelling the BSA and building a new practice fieldhouse would be cheaper.

Would rather see a new arena, however.

Bisonguy
12-11-2003, 11:07 PM
The BSA will receive a large addition as part of the remodel. I saw preliminary plans somewhere, and it looks like the BSA may almost double in size.

roadwarrior
12-12-2003, 12:47 AM
I think the Benson-Bunker Fieldhouse is a perfect place for the volleyball team to play. The small size creates a great atmosphere and home field advantage over say playing in the BSA.

I have read where there will be 2 basketball practice gyms added to the BSA along with a new GROUND floor weightroom, among other things. The plans that I have heard about keep the indoor track where it is, with a replacement of course. New seating would still be the retractable type, but with backrests.

Bisonfan1234
12-12-2003, 03:22 PM
I think the Benson-Bunker Fieldhouse is a perfect place for the volleyball team to play. *The small size creates a great atmosphere and home field advantage over say playing in the BSA.

I have read where there will be 2 basketball practice gyms added to the BSA along with a new GROUND floor weightroom, among other things. *The plans that I have heard about keep the indoor track where it is, with a replacement of course. *New seating would still be the retractable type, but with backrests.

This does sound like a good plan.

Dacotah field is just begging to be torn down and the BSA could easily expand to cover all or a fraction of it.

Also, have you guys heard anything to the effect of football moving all operations into the fargodome?

Bisonguy
12-12-2003, 07:13 PM
The FB department has supposedly talked about it, and the Fargodome has stated that they will be receptive to the idea, but the FB staff has not officially talked to the Fargodome. If the FB staff moves out of the BSA, it would free up a lot of room in the BSA (even with the remodel). I can't remember where I heard this, but I think it might have been Gene Taylor on Prime Time Sports.