PDA

View Full Version : I-AA Semi-Finals

BisonMav
12-13-2003, 03:35 PM
I-AA Playoffs (http://146.145.120.3/default.asp?c=inforum&page=cfoot2/scores/live/scores.htm)

I will go with Delaware and FAU today.

BisonMav
12-13-2003, 07:07 PM
Wofford and Delaware are on the Duece right now.

Delaware up 3-0.

Bisonfan1234
12-13-2003, 07:12 PM
Delaware has the worst uniforms of D1AA.

They have Michigan helmets and solid off-blue jerseys with yellow pants. Almost like a cross between Penn State and Michigan...just a whole lot uglier.

With that in mind, Neither team is playing well on offense.

** 1st half over, score is 3-3.

I like Wofford to win the game. Their offense seems to be rolling better.

*** The 'gate is up 16-7 over Florida Atlantic

BisonMav
12-13-2003, 07:16 PM
10-3 Hens.

Them Hens do have ugly uni's

BisonMav
12-13-2003, 08:31 PM
Delaware win 24-9.

Colgate 36-24 Final.

Delaware vs Colgate in nooga next week :)

Bisonguy
12-14-2003, 02:35 AM
Delaware's unis are a lot better than those ugly green, black, and white unis that were in that small college game on ESPN.

I can't believe it, but Mr. Chicken could be one of the smartest people on the anygivensatuday board. He picked the Blue Hens at the beginning of the season to be in the championship game, braawwk-a-doodle-do awk! ;D

Bisonfan1234
12-14-2003, 04:36 AM
Delaware's unis are a lot better than those ugly green, black, and white unis that were in that small college game on ESPN.

I can't believe it, but Mr. Chicken could be one of the smartest people on the anygivensatuday board. He picked the Blue Hens at the beginning of the season to be in the championship game, braawwk-a-doodle-do *awk! ;D

No way, UND's uni's are actaulyl really nice i think. Better than ours even. I think we might be seeing updated uni's soon though.

Bisonguy
12-14-2003, 05:34 AM
No way, UND's uni's are actaulyl really nice i think. Better than ours even. I think we might be seeing updated uni's soon though.

And now the truth comes out..... ;D. UND's away unis are awful. The black pants don't look right. It looks like they have the top half of one school, and the bottom half of another school. NDSU's unis are fine. The triple stripe helmets and pants are both classy and classic. Bohl is big on tradition, I doubt there would be any major changes to the unis in the near future.

Bisonfan1234
12-14-2003, 07:26 AM
I hope we at least change up our pants and jerseys.

The helmets can stay, that's plenty of tradition right there.

I think a new look like U Miami (FL) would fit really nice with the bison. Get rid of that damn 1950's triple stripe crap though. Also i don't like the 2 color NFL-style socks. They had solid white for a couple games and those looked good.

Bison4Life
12-14-2003, 09:11 AM
i think the bison uniforms are awesome......keeping the gold pants....i hate all those ugly same color pants as the home uniforms when they are on the road.....i liek the bison uniforms as they i think that it would dumb to change. They look awesome they way there.....if any changes should be it woudl putting their names on the back of the jerserys now that they are D1aa.

BisonMav
12-14-2003, 12:23 PM
UND's Uni's aren't even nice for a High School team.

That's one great thing about the Bison when they are on the field, they look like Pro's.

TC.Bison
12-14-2003, 04:59 PM
I hope they never put players names on the jerseys. It's a team sport....if the player is any good, people know them by their number.

Bisonfan1234
12-14-2003, 05:30 PM
Definately think that we should put our names on the back of the new uniforms.

It lets the players know that they are special, not just more meat for the grinder.

somebison
12-14-2003, 05:36 PM
Definately think that we should put our names on the back of the new uniforms.

It lets the players know that they are special, not just more meat for the grinder.

Notre Dame, Penn State.. New York Yankees... i am pretty sure these players know they are special.. for now I am against names on uni's

I agree though those Delaware uni's are tough to look at.. they should at least have matching blue on the helmets and jerseys... word on the helmets is that their old coach "tubby" raymond went to michigan

Bisonfan1234
12-14-2003, 06:48 PM
Notre Dame, Penn State.. New York Yankees... i am pretty sure these players know they are special.. for now I am against names on uni's

I agree though those Delaware uni's are tough to look at.. they should at least have matching blue on the helmets and jerseys... word on the helmets is that their old coach "tubby" raymond went to michigan

Notre Dame, Penn State. Those programs are well beyond "down the drain".

Yankees obviously don't count because in MLB there is no salery cap, so the one that buys up the most talent wins.

Also, i don't get what people's big deal with tradition is. So what if that's the way they did it last year, or any year in the past?!?! Times change, and if you don't change your opponents will change, and beat you!

It's a new era in Bison football. I think the time for a change is well past due.

Bison4Life
12-14-2003, 07:06 PM
What kind of changes are you talking about?

Bisonfan1234
12-14-2003, 07:36 PM
What kind of changes are you talking about?

Tearing down dahcotah, new uniforms, fieldturf instead of grass.

It's a new era in football as well as Bison Football.

Bisonguy
12-14-2003, 11:32 PM

If you're writing the check, I'm all for it. ;D

Bison4Life
12-14-2003, 11:42 PM

When you say new uniforms, what kind of uniforms do you want to see?

Bisonfan1234
12-14-2003, 11:51 PM
Something updated. Something non-Green Bay Packers style.

Perhaps something like U Miami(FL) except green and yellow instead of green and orange.

Nike sponsered for sure. I wanna see nike signs as far as the eye can see.

BisonMav
12-15-2003, 12:19 AM
Something updated. Something non-Green Bay Packers style.

Perhaps something like U Miami(FL) except green and yellow instead of green and orange.

Nike sponsered for sure. I wanna see nike signs as far as the eye can see.

NDSU had the colors before the Packers. Packers changed from blue to green. I am not opposed to new uniforms, so don't go off on me for being traditional. Just thought I would state this fact.

Bisonguy
12-15-2003, 12:45 AM
Here's a good article about college uniform changes- http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2002/Tuesday_Question/Worst_uniforms.htm

Just no dark pants, or solid color pants. Solid color pants look like something an 80's aerobics instructor should wear.

Bisonfan1234
12-15-2003, 01:24 AM
I don't get the big deal about not having nike or names on the back of the jersey's. It doesn't make the team play more like a team because of their stupid jerseys.

somebison
12-15-2003, 01:33 AM
As far as changing uniforms... oregon had uni's very similar to our current ones before changing them to some nike-inspired designs lets not make the same mistake they did

http://www.peterbellerby.com/duckfootball/2003/102503StanfordatOregon/006.jpg

http://www.peterbellerby.com/duckfootball/2001/120101vsOregonState/009.jpg

BisonMav
12-15-2003, 01:39 AM
As far as changing uniforms... oregon had uni's very similar to our current ones before changing them to some nike-inspired designs lets not make the same mistake they did

Ugly Ducklings :o

Bisonguy
12-15-2003, 01:40 AM
Oregon is definitely the poster child for ugly uniforms. Pants and jerseys should not be the same color.

roadwarrior
12-15-2003, 04:03 AM
Call me old fashioned if you want, but I think our present uniforms, both home and road, look great! Adding the player's names would be a nice addition.

Bisonfan1234
12-15-2003, 04:26 AM

http://www.peterbellerby.com/duckfootball/2003/102503StanfordatOregon/006.jpg

http://www.peterbellerby.com/duckfootball/2001/120101vsOregonState/009.jpg

1) Oregon's black uniforms don't look bad at all. No idea what you're talking about. They also have an inverse of the yellow jerseys where it's mostly green. Those look great!

The giant lemon uniforms were a giant mistake.

2) Nike has had some great designs in the past. U Miami when it first came out was incredible.

I can't believe you're actually discouraging creativity. I say let Nike try out new things. We'll tell them when they work or don't.

3) Some other horrible uniforms:

- Syracuse/Illinois "giant pumkins" solid orange uniforms.
- Wake Forrest/Purdue "urine colored" solid silver-grey-brown

Bisonguy
12-15-2003, 04:36 AM
- Wake Forrest/Purdue "urine colored" solid silver-grey-brown

Now, your infatuation with the Nike unis is explained. You're colorblind. ;D ;) Wake Forest and Purdue wear Old Gold and Black.

Bisonfan1234
12-15-2003, 05:34 AM
Solid Old Gold doesn't look great.

NDSU_grad
12-15-2003, 04:35 PM
I had a big enough heart attack when they changed the logo, I don't think I could handle new uni's. Why mess with perfection? IMO, the best uni's in the NFL are the Cleveland Browns and how long have they worn those (not counting when they didn't have a franchise). We don't need to make superficial changes to announce it's a new era in Bison football. I'm confident our play on the field will do that.

Bisonfan1234
12-15-2003, 05:41 PM
So you're only argument for not changing uniforms is simply that we should do things exactly like they have done them in the past and only for the sake of tradition.

Sorry, that doesn't fly with me.

The browns uniforms OK. Nothing special. Too plain IMO. They don't even have logos on their helemts. BTW, the new logos are a million times better.

I think new uniforms are probably already in the works. Just wonder what they're going to look like.

JBB
12-15-2003, 06:49 PM
In the image of another great benefactor I made this years $100 donation to the Athletic Excellence Fund conditional on NOT changing the home uniforms without discussion and approval. I didnt put any conditions on the away unis. I havent heard a thing about any changes so at this time if there are changes in the works it must be for the away unis only! ::)

Bisonfan1234
12-15-2003, 08:02 PM
Well, obviously they won't do anything without consulting you JBB.

NDSU_grad
12-15-2003, 08:28 PM
That's right, no logos on the helmet and plain. The way football uni's are supposed to look. When you see the Browns uni's you know immediately who they are. That's the most important thing. Also, no I'm not for keeping something the same just because that's what we've done in the past. I wouldn't be for the DI move then would I. The uniforms are perfect, plain and simple, just like the old logo was perfect.

bisonincolorado
12-15-2003, 08:57 PM
The only changes I would like to see is the names on the uniforms, and the bison on the helmet ....you cant see the logo (on tv) very well...fill it in!

NDSU_grad
12-15-2003, 09:01 PM
I am against names on the uni's, but I could live with it. Do you think the Bison on the helmet should be bigger?

IowaBison
12-15-2003, 09:02 PM
No, but I think it would be great if the running backs helmets' had little horns protruding on each side.

Bisonguy
12-15-2003, 09:50 PM
No, but I think it would be great if the running backs helmets' had little horns protruding on each side.

Running backs? I think that would be better suited for Linebackers ;D

Bisonfan1234
12-15-2003, 11:49 PM
In the image of another great benefactor I made this years $100 donation to the Athletic Excellence Fund conditional on NOT changing the home uniforms without discussion and approval. *I didnt put any conditions on the away unis. *I havent heard a thing about any changes so at this time if there are changes in the works it must be for the away unis only! ::)

Well i think you know where i stand.

roadwarrior
12-16-2003, 12:48 AM
Here is the up to date tally: one person in favor of a whole new look with the uniforms, all others want to keep them as they are. Case closed.

Bisonguy
12-16-2003, 01:04 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing a stripe or two or three on the sleeves. That and bring back the old helmet logo. There's tradition behind that logo, not just some design company that was paid to draw one up.

BisonInTexas
12-16-2003, 04:30 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing a stripe or two or three on the sleeves. That and bring back the old helmet logo. There's tradition behind that logo, not just some design company that was paid to draw one up.

Does anyone have a old vs. current helmet logo comparison? The current logo is similar to the one used when I was in school (mid to late 80's) and I would like to see the differences (as far as I can tell, they took out the NDSU brand on the hind quarters and some other subtle tweeks). If I remember correctly, this was another one of Bob Entzion's brilliant ideas.

And by the way - don't touch the Bison unis IMO. No names on the back, no Nikefication, no third jerseys, no green pants, no black pants. Tradition does count, no matter what some people think.

Craig

Bisonfan1234
12-16-2003, 04:33 AM
Here is the up to date tally: one person in favor of a whole new look with the uniforms, all others want to keep them as they are. *Case closed.

If only this board was the democracy for NDSU...

Won't you guys be pissed if changes are already in design. Ha ha ha!

Bisonguy
12-16-2003, 05:19 AM
Old Helmet (designed by a Bison WR)-

http://www.myweb.cableone.net/dehoff/North_Dakota_St_OLD1.gif

New Helmet (designed by someone that never wore a Bison uniform)-

http://www.myweb.cableone.net/dehoff/North_Dakota_St.gif

Bisonfan1234
12-16-2003, 05:27 AM
Old Helmet (designed by a Bison WR)-

http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/North_Dakota_St_OLD1.gif

New Helmet (designed by someone that never wore a Bison uniform)-

http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/North_Dakota_St.gif

BTW, the new logo was designed by a former Bison player.

Bisonguy
12-16-2003, 05:31 AM
Wrong, the old logo was designed by a Bison WR. The new logo was one of Entzion's projects. There was a huge controversy about it when they changed it, because of the lack of ties to the program that the old logo had.

Bisonfan1234
12-16-2003, 05:35 AM
I think your wrong. Pretty sure the new logo was by a former Bison player.

Prove me wrong.

Look at the two logo's anyway. They're pretty much identical.

Bisonguy
12-16-2003, 05:37 AM
Oh yeah, here's where the pictures are from: http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/northcentral.htm It has some other pictures of old NCC team helmets, including UND's Alabama ripoff helmets from the '60's ;D, along with current and historical helmets from most college and pro teams.

somebison
12-16-2003, 05:56 AM
logo designed by Flint communications of fargo

http://www.ndsu.nodak.edu/ndsu/news/state/ihas/1999/ihas.033199.pdf

GFBison
12-16-2003, 05:56 AM
There is a big difference, one was worn in NC games the other wasn't. *Bentrim, Molstre, Stark, Loyd, Clark, Budde, Dick, Robinson, Simdorn, Satter, Nelson, Favor, Mike Whetstone, Hanson, Braxton, McDonald, and last but not least Snuffy Byers all wore the old one, brings tears to my eyes. * For the love of god, bring it back!!! Besides, the old one matches my Bison Flag. ;)

BisonInTexas
12-16-2003, 06:07 AM
I think your wrong. Pretty sure the new logo was by a former Bison player.

Prove me wrong.

Look at the two logo's anyway. They're pretty much identical.

I think Pete Lana designed the old one (it was first used in 1975), and the differences are striking when they are displayed together. Thanks for the info, Bisonguy.

Craig

Bisonguy
12-16-2003, 06:09 AM
somebison,

you beat me to it!

Here's the important stuff from the link:

The new graphics were designed for the athletic department by FlintCommunications of Fargo for $4,000. The final designs were the result ofresearch with eight focus groups that included alumni, students, athletes andpeople of the Fargo-Moorhead community. Power, strength and pride wereimportant factors to the groups, who also wanted to remain sensitive to theexisting logo. The new collection of images will create a full-scale identity program for theathletic department.“Traditions are important in Bison Athletics,” Entzion said. “The logo created27 years ago symbolizes our highest values of teamwork, courage, pride andacademic success. Now, with just a little updating, we have redrawn our friend,the snorting bison.”

The old logo was created and drawn by hand by a Bison WR. The new logo was part of a Bison chapter I would rather forget (Entzion). ::)

JBB
12-16-2003, 12:09 PM
Pete Lana did design it, and he had a controversial senior year himself. *I was sorry to see it changed. *But, new logo looks good. *There should be a Bison patch in the image of the Lana Logo that gets put on the uniform of a lettered player or used like buckeyes on the helmet, something like that. *It would keep the old tradition alive for the players and keep the look contemporary. *As much as we all love tradition marketing forces are powerful too. * Thats why products always change. *Changing things helps sell BISON gear at the games. *I try and buy at least a hat every year. *

I have a Bison buckeye of the old BISON. *Its small, about the size of an avitar, and is made of heavy cotton thread. *It had glue on the back an has been on my roll a deck for years. *I also bought a cap with the old BISON *on it. *They dont make them anymore I dont think.

Bisonfan1234
12-16-2003, 02:47 PM
That article proves nothing. So what if Flint put the logo on a computer and printed it out. It still could have been designed by a bison player.

It says right there that there was a consultant group made up of athletes.

BisonInTexas
12-16-2003, 02:59 PM
That article proves nothing. So what if Flint put the logo on a computer and printed it out. It still could have been designed by a bison player.

It says right there that there was a consultant group made up of athletes.

You are right - that article does prove nothing. In fact, I think George W. Bush designed the new logo. Prove me wrong.
::)

Amazing.

Craig

Bisonfan1234
12-16-2003, 04:05 PM
You are right - that article does prove nothing. *In fact, I think George W. Bush designed the new logo. *Prove me wrong.
::)

Amazing.

Craig

The proof is right there. The logo was designed by a team of consultants inckluding athletes and was then digitized and printed by flint.

BisonInTexas
12-16-2003, 06:09 PM
The proof is right there. The logo was designed by a team of consultants inckluding athletes and was then digitized and printed by flint.

You really think that 8 focus groups all sat down together and drew up the logo on the fly? And one of those in the focus group happened to be a former player, so your original statement ('The new logo was designed by a former player') is true? And that Flint communications charged $4000 to take that design and "digitize" it and hand it to NDSU?

If that is the case, I am still sticking with George W. as the designer. I think he was in Fargo that day and dropped by the focus group to turn in his design. You still haven't proven me wrong....

Sheesh.

Bisonfan1234
12-16-2003, 06:17 PM
The burden of proof isn't mine.

NDSU_grad
12-16-2003, 07:13 PM
You really think that 8 focus groups all sat down together and drew up the logo on the fly? *And one of those in the focus group happened to be a former player, so your original statement ('The new logo was designed by a former player') is true? *And that Flint communications charged $4000 to take that design and "digitize" it and hand it to NDSU?

If that is the case, I am still sticking with George W. as the designer. *I think he was in Fargo that day and dropped by the focus group to turn in his design. *You still haven't proven me wrong....

Sheesh.

It was actually Laura Bush who presented the idea to George W. She got the idea from Randy Moss (Laura's mom and Randy's mom are sorority sisters). When Randy was playing for Marshall (Thundering Herd) he came up with an idea for a new logo in his graphic design class (he got an A), but it was rejected by the Marshall AD. Knowing he had a good idea, he told Laura about it, who told George W. George W. knew all about the proposed logo change at NDSU because his dad won the state's electoral votes in 1992 so W. kept up on the happenings in the state. He proposed the idea to Flint, and thanks to Al Gore we can all talk about this in cyberspace.

BisonMav
12-16-2003, 07:19 PM
It was actually Laura Bush who presented the idea to George W. *She got the idea from Randy Moss (Laura's mom and Randy's mom are sorority sisters). *When Randy was playing for Marshall (Thundering Herd) he came up with an idea for a new logo in his graphic design class (he got an A), but it was rejected by the Marshall AD. *Knowing he had a good idea, he told Laura about it, who told George W. *George W. knew all about the proposed logo change at NDSU because his dad won the state's electoral votes in 1992 so W. kept up on the happenings in the state. *He proposed the idea to Flint, and thanks to Al Gore we can all talk about this in cyberspace.

So this the WMD(W's Marshall Design), I keep hearing about. :P

roadwarrior
12-16-2003, 11:11 PM
LOL - this is the funniest thread on this board. Good job guys.

Bisonguy
12-16-2003, 11:27 PM
When's the last time we actually talked about the topic this post is about?

Flint Communications drew up a couple designs,and then the focus groups looked at them and voted for what they thought was the best one. That's what focus groups do.

The old logo was drawn by hand by a former player.

roadwarrior
12-16-2003, 11:39 PM
We were talking about the I-AA semis until one day when we sat down with a cold beer or two. Then we drifted from one topic then to another until we find ourselves where we are.

Bisonfan1234
12-16-2003, 11:59 PM
Well, i'll conceed that the new logo wasn't drawn by a player.

Nonetheless, the new logo isn't going anywhere as it's much better aesthetically.

Bisonguy
12-17-2003, 12:10 AM
We were talking about the I-AA semis until one day when we sat down with a cold beer or two. *Then we drifted from one topic then to another until we find ourselves where we are.

Good times, good times indeed ;D

somebison
12-31-2003, 07:24 PM
oregon is playing minnesota today.. and oregon is wearing their tennis ball uni's :P