PDA

View Full Version : Division I-A Move Downs to I-AA May be on Hold

Bison_Kent
01-14-2004, 06:27 PM
The NCAA Board of Directors is the President of Middle Tennessee State of the Sun Belt Conference. *He is leading legilation to allow less then the 15,000 average attendences and the required 5 home games against I-A competion. *Sidney McPhee (MTSU's president) lead the passing of the game minimum be 4 home games from 5 for the next two years with I-A opponents and the 15,000 minimum average will be looked at the *NCAA Board of Directors in April.

Here is a link to this story:
http://www.blueraiders.com/news.ez?viewStory=5770

This pertains to the schools like Idaho and others which may not have been able to meet these standards and be forced down to I-AA. *I believe the Big Sky is hoping for this (at least in Idaho's position) for possible expansion. *But this legilation may help NDSU's and SDSU's Big Sky invitation chances.

IowaBison
01-14-2004, 11:05 PM
I think a lot of us saw this coming. It would be pretty gutsy to make anyone move down, why not just wait until the program is unprofitable and cut it.

SDSUFAN
01-15-2004, 02:25 AM
If the attendance mandate fails, I think we can expect some D1A programs to disappear but that may have happen even if they had been forced into D1AA. Places like San Jose State just dont seem to draw crowds, but with the west coast there are so many options for family entertainment. *Quite a contrast to Brookings South Dakota.

This certainly does help SDSU/NDSU move to the Big Sky and

I dont think Utah State would even consider the reclassification to D1AA or a move to the Big Sky as an option. *Idaho has had its difficulities but I sure they dont like playing second fiddle to Boise State either and to renew the relationship with the Big Sky would be like SDSU going back to the NCC in 10 years from now. I dont think that will happen either.