PDA

View Full Version : Possible New Addition for the New Conference???

Bison_Kent
02-09-2004, 02:15 AM
The University of San Diego new AD was interviewed in this San Diego publication (link below). He was stated that he would like to up USD's football program from non-scholorship to scholorship possibly. He stated that if the move would be made that USD would be more like Colgate, which is technically a non-scholorship program yet competes on the top level.

I think St. Mary's is like this. This would be a good move for the new conference, especially if Sac State moves to this conference. This would be five California teams in the league.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/20040208-9999-mz1s8usd.html?session=CE1L7weniiZ5Vowyf1ikaeO3Bq

MinotBison
02-09-2004, 02:25 AM
A good post, but just one minor little point. It's spelled scholarship, not scholorship. Otherwise, keep up the good work!

Bison_Kent
02-09-2004, 02:32 AM
Sorry about that. Spelling isn't my strong point and didn't do a spell check.

U of San Diego hired Jim Harbaugh as its coach for next season.

GoAgs
02-09-2004, 04:17 AM
USD would be a great addition to the GWC if they decide to go the scholarship route. It is a beautiful school with a new gym and an improved football stadium. The stadium is the host to a pro womens soccer team. It only seats about 7,000 but it has a jumbotron and a nice grass surface. They might be a good team to add even if they go to 30 sholarships.

http://www.marist.edu/alumni/images/torerostadium.jpg

Bisonfan1234
02-09-2004, 04:32 AM
If USD joins we'd have 2 from the West Coast Conference (Gonzaga and Pepperdine).

89rabbit
02-14-2004, 05:12 AM
I say let San Diego in, talk about a great road trip! *It also wouldn't hurt my feelings to see SDSU playing a team from USD and it not be the Coyotes (you know that would burn them up *>:( ;) ;D )

Go State!

Tuk
02-14-2004, 06:28 AM
I say let San Diego in, talk about a great road trip! *It also wouldn't hurt my feelings to see SDSU playing a team from USD and it not be the Coyotes (you know that would burn them up *>:( ;) ;D )

Go State!
I hear the sizzling already!!!! ;)