PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Gene Taylor

Bison_Kent
02-25-2004, 03:35 PM
I know the "Great West" Conference were not all of our top conference choice but it is not a bad second. Lets look at what Taylor has accomplished:

1. NDSU football will never see an independent schedule. (this is something UC-Davis and N. Colorado had to endure last season.)
2. NDSU will have at least two I-AA home games next season in a transition year (if not 3 or 4). (Both UC-Davis and N. Colorado had one combined and that one was against each other.)
3. NDSU will be able to compete for a conference title right away with the "Great West".
4. Two traditional rivals in SDSU and N. Colorado will be part of NDSU's schedule with the new conference.

I just thought some cudos should go for his efforts. I know that he was the one instrumental in starting this new conference.

And could you imagine if Entzion was still the AD? Do you think he would have gotten NDSU to this point?

WYOBISONMAN
02-25-2004, 04:48 PM
I would echo Kent's thoughts. Obviously my preference is for the BSC, but the GWC is a great alternative. I am proud to be an alumnus of an institution with visionary leaders like Chapman and Taylor.

JBB
02-25-2004, 04:55 PM
I second that. It gives a fan confidence for the other sports as they move into the future.

The caution of the BSC is understanable. The fact that we have been flirting a little over the past 30 yrs certainly doesnt mean we will get married any time soon.

The biggest suprise was the messy divorce with the NCC. I guess they got custody of the kids and we didnt get any visitation rights. Its certainly contrary to the old NCC. More provincial and not as competitive.

NDSU_grad
02-25-2004, 06:53 PM
I also think Gene Taylor has done a great job. Seeing the GWFC site gave me goose bumps, and I realize how important it will be for the players to have something to play for. All other sports will hopefully soon.

GoAgs
02-25-2004, 11:31 PM
About number 3;

Not to diminish Taylor's scheduling but UC Davis hosted Cal Poly and Northern Colorado last year and in previous seasons D2 Davis had as many as 4 home games against I-AA schools.