PDA

View Full Version : Enamored with the GWC

IowaBison
02-26-2004, 08:08 PM
I'm happier than a puppy with two peeters.

We're in a conference with UCDavis, Northern Colorado, and the rabbits from the South. I couldn't be happier, I almost believe this is better than being in the Big Sky, as far as football goes.

I think that developing an inter-conference rivalry with the Big Sky is just as good as one with Montana/Montana State.

Someone should contact Gene Taylor and tell him to try to set up a GWC/BSC challenge weekend in 2005 to fan the flames of animosity between the conferences.

Bisonfan1234
02-26-2004, 09:20 PM
We ARE as talented as the BSC! I would definately put us up against the BSC. They can even drop their worst team (probably Portland St since Sac St would be convenient for a cali team).

JahGriz
02-26-2004, 09:37 PM
I like your thinking iowabison. It will be cool to watch this conference progress, and progress along with the teams who have recently moved up to I-AA. New conference, and some new Div I teams all on the road to teaming up with the Big Sky to take on the east. It will be nice to have another western conference for new rivalries too. Great job to all those who made this happen. Can't wait for the season to start.

Tuk
02-27-2004, 05:53 AM
I'm happier than a puppy with two peeters.

I think that developing an inter-conference rivalry with the Big Sky is just as good as one with Montana/Montana State.

Someone should contact Gene Taylor and tell him to try to set up a GWC/BSC challenge weekend in 2005 to fan the flames of animosity between the conferences.

WOW, now THAT's happy!! ;D

Secondly, the rivalry weekend would be a great idea. Just think of a whole weekend where BSC teams match up against GWC teams. Has this been done before? What a weekend of football for everyone.....

uncbear
02-27-2004, 06:13 AM
that might be the best idea that I have ever heard!

IowaBison
02-27-2004, 02:32 PM
Then let's start bugging our ADs.