PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky hasn't ruled out NDSU

WYOBISONMAN
03-04-2004, 02:06 PM
Check out the latest from the Forum. We need to just take our time and perhaps have a temporary conferece home, but the BSCmay be a reality in the future. It is interesting that this news is way off of what Hallstrom reported....

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=51922

WYOBISONMAN
03-04-2004, 02:07 PM
By the way 1234......sorry I won't be here to challenge your rants, but I am off for a few days of skiing and a conference at Park City..... ;)

BisonMav
03-04-2004, 02:15 PM
Still sounds like the Bison will be in the GWFC for a few years before the Big Sky will consider them. Once NDSU is beyond the probationary period, the conference situation will solidify.

Bisonfan1234
03-04-2004, 02:22 PM
Wyo,

You don't need to post every little peice of hope that you're trying to cling to on here.

::)

JBB
03-04-2004, 03:22 PM
This situation highlites the fact that nothing happens until you make the move. If we had stayed behind nothing would have happened. It also highlites the fact that during the transition no school is a hot item. Its going to take time. Its a transition. It might even be tougher than we thought.

WYOBISONMAN
03-04-2004, 03:38 PM
Good points JBB, despite all the trash talk on the UND board, I don't think anyone thought this would be easy, but you have to make the first move before anything can happen. That is why I think that Chapman and Taylor are a couple of the best leaders NDSU has seen.

updm002
03-05-2004, 04:51 AM
Let's face it boys - ndsu will not be getting into the Big Sky Conference now, in the future or ever!! I have this vision of ndsu not being able to schedule teams next year. Six of their sellout games will be against
1. Doane
2. MOrningside
3. Benedictine
4. The new rival - Crookston
5. Kansas Newman College
6. Washington Univ of Mo. They are D3 but NDSU will play anyone.

Yes Dr Eugene Taylor - You should have listened to the Carr Report when it talked about how ndsu is doomed without a league. Same with you Ted Oien of SDSU. You said you weren't going D1 without a conference and you lied. It wouldn't have been hard to find out how that promise would be impossible to live up before you made it. Call some of the new D1 schools - they would have told you. I know SDSU is poor but surely they can afford 7 cents a minute for a phone call to those D1 schools to find out that having a league prior to going D1 is impossible. Big smoke screen. Gosh, Ted Oien - first you lie to people about having a conference before jumping and then you kick the sh** out of your wife - alledgedly. What is up with that?

somebison
03-05-2004, 05:01 AM
why the name change upm002?

there is a smack board. please use it for stuff like this

filbert
03-05-2004, 05:21 AM
I'd suggest that bigfan's credibility is not good. Reasons why are left as exercises for the reader.

Personally, I prefer the GWFC/MidCon combo with eventual (20 years+) non-football upgrade to the Missouri Valley, but reasonable minds can differ (that I'm in Kansas City is perhaps affecting my judgement).

JBB
03-05-2004, 02:00 PM
Dont you think the Mid Con has a lot of potential for change? If they are willing to give 3 transition schools membership they must be anticipating something.

It could be as simple as wanting 3 good members once they make it through the transition, or it could be as far reaching as setting up for wholesale membership change a few years from now. As conference members we would have a hand in it.

They have a complete conference structure, now including football. Thats nice infrastructure to have and be part of. There could be a lot of change coming that the Mid Con would be capable of handling.

On the other hand, if we could make it through transition as independents we would have more opportunity come our way.