PDA

View Full Version : Montana's AD resigns

Bison_Kent
03-03-2004, 07:11 PM
Wayne Hogan has announced his resignation this afternoon. I for one have talked to the man and he seemed a very good source of information for me. I think the athletic budget woes they have had recently may be the cause for him to resign.

Here is the Missoula paper article:

http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2004/03/03/mtracker/news/90hogan.txt

Sac_State
03-03-2004, 07:29 PM
It wasn't necessarily the budget expenses.

It was because he lied to his superior(s) about the actual budget losses.

Enron accounting is no way to run a college athletics department.

ralph
03-03-2004, 07:37 PM
Wayne Hogan has announced his resignation this afternoon...
He will officially announce it at 1 p.m.

IowaBison
03-03-2004, 11:40 PM
He quit because we beat him...

... obviously.

Bisonfan1
03-04-2004, 03:23 AM
Does anyone know where this Wayne Hogan is from originally, wow, I used to run track with a Wayne Hogan?

Bison_Kent
03-04-2004, 03:47 AM
He is originally from Florida. He was a graduate of Florida State and worked there as an interim AD before moving to Montana in 1995.

SDSUFAN
03-04-2004, 04:56 AM
Since 1993 which was the last I was at Missoula, the football staduim has increased its seating by 10,000. *The way I remember the staduim, they had a very neat arrangement with most of it built into the side of knoll or foot hill. *To add the extra seating could not have been a cheap project and it was done more than once since 1993. *So with each upgrade, there had to be some bucks spent. *Where and how the money came for the upgrades would be interesting to know and did these upgrades affect other important things in the budget? *

Creative accounting which I am assuming happened here was probably not an accident and some slow Norwegian bookeeper did not make those entries twice.
I think they were made with a purpose of covering up. *Not surprised Mr. Hogan resigned if these are the facts.

Since the investigation is on going, we will learn more, but this is hard to understand when you got a full house for every home game that these problems are facing Montana U. Its mind boggling.

Montana and Missoula are great places to visit and I enjoyed going there twice, 1988 and 1993, to see the Jacks lose. Would love to return every two years in the future.

Too think also Montana had been flirting with going D1A for football. Will that happen soon? I dont think so.

GoAgs
03-11-2004, 05:44 AM
They are actually starting next year in a bigger whole because they bought out of a road trip to Cal Poly with the hopes of making up the difference and more on a seventh home game.

Sac_State
03-11-2004, 03:55 PM
whole *

'Whole' example, "It is a whole loaf of bread."
'Hole' example, "There is a hole in the loaf of bread."

Montana needs to dig itself out of the hole that it dug for itself concerning the budget expenditures.

The whole state of Montana will need to donate to help the cause.

Good showing of that Aggie Supremist education. *;)

GoAgs
03-11-2004, 07:05 PM
thanks