PDA

View Full Version : Problems at Sac State grow.....

WYOBISONMAN
03-26-2004, 01:04 PM
Check out this post from the Sac State board. It seems the problems in thier Athletic Department are continuing to grow. If this post is accurate, I would doubt that they will be able to continue to be Big Sky members.....

dorothy from Sactosaurus
S.F. State faces tough cuts-1/2 of athletics gone Posted 3-22-2004 15:09

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looks like SF students will have their athletics department cut in half. That is ashame, the students couldn't keep the athletics department open for $6 a month?

Students gave the OK for three fee increases. But they shot down the athletics and intramurals proposal in last week's referendum ballot, knocking off what would have been $33 more each semester for students to pay.

The proposal asked for $32 for athletics and $1 for intramurals to maintain a level of services that include student jobs, membership in the National Collegiate Athletic Association and the California Collegiate Athletic Association and compliance to gender equity laws under Title IX.

The referendum's failure means that athletics could be forced to eliminate half the teams, student-athletes and staff because next semester the program will lose its funding from the University General Fund to pad SF State's $2.9 million budget shortfall.

The athletics department would not comment and referred all queries to the Office of Public Information, which released the unofficial results of the March 2 and 3 elections today.

BisonMav
03-26-2004, 02:05 PM
Is SF State is San Francisco State ???

Sac_State
03-26-2004, 03:09 PM
Yes, check your eye glass prescription.
SF = San Francisco.

gee, you gotta hold their hand everytime they try to post on their own.

Sac_State
03-26-2004, 03:26 PM
Waaah, waaah, I want in the Sky, Waaaah.

Run to Target and get a pacifier.

Since you infants keep posting the same incorrect info, and you abhor anything Sac State, funny how Sac is almost the main topic of your meager existance, I'll correct the morons who don't know the difference between SF and SAC.

http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/story/8629323p-9557449c.html

http://www.statehornet.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2004/03/24/405f7450382ce

Woohoo, Montana Tech and Valpo, go get um you Great Worst team you. I notice that NDSU is in the running for the Sear's Cup, in the D2 classification. Better go check your jock at the door, they haven't allowed you boys in the big time.

WYOBISONMAN
03-26-2004, 05:13 PM
I stand corrected on that one....however, it is probably only a matter of time until the CA budget woes hit Sac as well...

JBB
03-26-2004, 08:58 PM
Im not sure if we are in the big time or not, probably not, coming out of a good D2 conference is no big deal, but niether was your 2-8 in football last season. Even when you look at common opponents the only game that looked the same was UCD. Otherwise comparative scores were firmly in favor of the BISON. Id say, at least until they play again that NDSU has the bragging rights over the very capable Sac State Hornets. One thing you have going, You are being considered for Golden Arm Competition! Congratulations!!

Bisonguy
03-26-2004, 09:21 PM
The Prestigious Golden Arm Award may return? :o :o :o :o