PDA

View Full Version : Less is more?

Sac_State
03-04-2004, 02:59 PM
Sac State is starting to rumble from it's long nap. The giant is finally awakening. ::)

http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/story/8405663p-9335023c.html

and

http://www.csus.edu/union/wrec/project.html

Sac_State
03-04-2004, 10:19 PM
Ok, by now it's probably 20* outside in Fargo. Doesn't that big glass atrium entrance offer a warm, exciting welcome basked in the Cali sun?

If you want to transfer, let me know, Dr. W. and I go way back to our MickyD days, so I can put in a good word for you. ;)

somebison
03-04-2004, 11:20 PM
Dr. W. and I go way back to our MickyD days, so I can put in a good word for you. *;)

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0724/2.jpg

i must say... you do look fabulous in purple (maybe a bit hefty thoug ;))

any timeline on when the WREC would be completed?

Sac_State
03-05-2004, 01:22 PM
http://www.collectorsconnection.com/graphics/alf.gif

Naw, that purple guy is our new marketing director, this is me before corporate made me cut my hair.

WREC is to be completed by 2007.

GoAgs
03-05-2004, 11:06 PM
http://www.stopitcsus.com/

New facility will be a WREC, indeed
Guest Commentary

by Brandon Abell
March 03, 2004

Am I the only one upset about the proposal, apparently spearheaded by the student-funded University Union, to raise our student fees once again to construct the Wellness-Recreation-Events Center (WREC)?
If all goes according to the university's public statements thus far, the bill will be $100 to $150 per semester for each student, in addition to the approximately $100 per student Associated Students, Inc. already contributes to athletics each year. There have already been attempts to persuade the students to vote themselves into this new obligation over the past few years. The students have refused to support it, and for good reason: It is a poor investment. First show us how the $100 we are already spending is a good investment, then come to us and ask us to give you more money to play with.

Other state universities, such as Fresno State, have been able to construct this type of facility without sticking the students with the cost. Fresno's Save Mart Center was completed last November, and was 100 percent privately financed. I'm sure the first objection to this example will be that the Fresno State athletics program is more successful than ours, and that that enabled them to get more private money. But that would prove my point: Our athletics program is already taking around $100 from each student each year, ostensibly to help them be more competitive. Has it worked? No.

Despite the "hype" being put forth by WREC proponents, and augmented by the efforts of a pair of consultants being paid with $50,000 of the student-funded University Union's money, there is no groundswell of support for an increase of student fees to fund a multipurpose center. The directors of the University Union invited campus organizations and individual students to take part in focus groups.

But who actually made it into those focus groups? How did the University Union derive the absurd 78 percent support rate they claim on their project's website? I challenge them to find one qualified faculty member who would be willing to stake their academic and professional reputation on that figure accurately representing the view of the overall campus community.

Even if the general campus population stood to benefit from the WREC proposal, those benefits can be gained without forcing every student to pay for services that some have no desire to use. For example, large student discounts could be negotiated with local fitness centers, and fundraisers can be held to fund the replacement of old exercise equipment. I wonder how much equipment that $50,000 consulting fee could have replaced or repaired?

While they may be loud and well-funded, the WREC proponents are a small minority of the student population, and cannot be truthfully said to be representative of the rest of us. Take the time to let the University Union and ASI know that you do not favor a fee increase to build this facility. The only way to have your voice heard is to speak up.

Brandon Abell, a senior government major at Sac State, is the founder of Students Tired of Paying Increased Tuition (STOPIT). He can be reached at brandon@stopitcsus.com

Sac_State
03-06-2004, 11:09 PM
blowhard Posted 3-6-2004 23:06

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You only will hear the negative.

Especially at the student level. Especially in California. Especially in Sacramento.

This person will vote against anything representing authority. Logic isn't used and certainly brain power is omitted.

lucchesicourt
03-25-2004, 03:45 PM
I can't help but notice the total lack of class by Sac State ( the handle not the CSU). I see he puts a little "fUCD" at the end of his posts. Most of us Ags, will usually respond without the derogatory language or intent. We all know what fUCD means-so why not just spell it out-it doesn't make you look any better. I for one, will not say anything that derogatory against any school or student groups.
Why do you find it so necessary to be so vulgar and classless? I know not all CSUS are like that.

Sac_State
03-26-2004, 10:20 PM
Ahhhh, struck a nerve with Mr. Merlot?

Get off your your stack of Cliff's Notes.

Like the constant 'Suck State' that the hairy armpit UCD women chant, is classy?

The cuss words, verbal profanities and personal attacts that were hurled by UCD students and alum on public television towards the Sac State football team as it exited at halftime two years ago at Hughes. That was classy.

And look a few posts above you. Your brethren, "GoAgs' posts some obscure rambling by the only person who opposes the RWEC. Instead of a class act of helping your neighbor, like supporting having a competetive neighbor, you try and blast anything negative you can dig up. That's class.

You think because you come from UCD that you are special? Does that make you a superrace of UC Davis humanoids? I don't know about your type, but I like messy BBQ ribs, Budwesier and watching NASCAR. And following the Hornets.

You can take your pedigree handle, 1.5L of Chardonnay, '03 of course, brick of Brie, sit on it and spin. Use Vaseline if it is too tight.

You, my Dear Mr. Luchessioucourt, or whatever, are a Cad! Pardon, make that a classless UCD graduate Cad!

Hummm, they just opened up a 'Ted's' nearby, think I'll go have a full rack. Bison of course. ;)

JBB
03-26-2004, 10:52 PM
Thanks for mentioning us! :D

somebison
03-27-2004, 04:52 AM
Have a Bee in your Bonnet today Dorothy :-/ . Is there a new Sac St. board after the Sactosaurus one died ???

lucchesicourt
03-29-2004, 10:44 AM
Dear Sac State,

lucchesicourt
03-29-2004, 11:09 AM
Sac State, I am sorry that you do not realize that there are people of unsportsma like character in all parts of the world, including students who attend UCD (Sac State too). There are also some people of good character from UCD as I am sure there are from Sac State (but you have not demonstrated any so far) However, the true sportsman does not do such things. When the game is over, it's time for a handshake and say good game. On a sport message board like this one, I expected all to be good sports and show class. You, however show disrespect for any true sportsman at UCD. Believe it or not, I have ties to Sac, but it's sports program has NOT been included in my sports interests. Again, I will respect all Sac students until they give me a reason NOT too. You have reached the point where I am not sure whether you are a good sportsman or person. I am sorry you are so filled with hatred for UCD. NDSU and UCD have met many times in big games. We won some and we lost some. We have a good rivalry, and we respect them. And, they have earned that respect. If you want respect, you need to show respect. With fans like you, Sac State will find it hard to get respect from any university. If you treat one university with disrespect, I can only assume you WILL treat another university with disrespect.
As for what was said 2 years ago, there are some things that were reported that were outright lies. When your QB went down, it was said that UCD players and coaches were cheering the injury . Well, I was there,and that is NOT the truth. Sure, the hit was cheered, but that was before the realization of how seriously injured he was. Your QB, I forget his name, was a class guy with lots of talent. I felt bad that he got hurt as I believe he had the talent to play professionally.
My belief, and I'm sure of many true fans, that unsportsmanlike language and acts are not in the interests of a true rivalry. Sure, it's okay to boast about how you are going to beat someone, but there is never an excuse for poor sportsmanship, like you demonstrate.

Sac_State
03-29-2004, 01:39 PM
Zzzzzzzz

You showed me. ;)

In over 20+ years of knowing and being associated with anything UCD, my takeaway is one of arrogance, rudeness and immaturity. I find Cal Poly fans to be tolerable and a great asset to college sports, winning and losing. Same with UOP.

Davis on the other hand. You need to take a few lessons in humility.

Have a nice day!

lucchesicourt
03-29-2004, 02:12 PM
Sac State you are the one who needs to be less rude. What have I said against Sac State that would ire you so. You are the one who always spouts off and says all these things about UCD and their students. May I ask you one single question? Has anyone at UCD ever treated you in a civil manner or are you suggesting that there is not one student at UCD that has respect for Sac State and their students? Well, I rspect the institution and the student population in general. However, if you are representative of the student population at Sac State (I do not believe you are) your hatred is larger than your interest in athletics.