PDA

View Full Version : Another article on Sacramento State

Bison_Kent
03-10-2004, 08:31 PM
In this article, it states that football being dropped is a possibility according to their president. This June should be interesting to hear what they decide.

Here is the article:

http://sacramento.bizjournals.com/sacramento/stories/2004/03/08/focus3.html?page=1

Bison_Dan
03-10-2004, 09:04 PM
Sounds to me that he'd like to change conf. and drop football but would rather have some committee say it first. That would be great news and fun to watch and see how the BSC reacts. 8)

Bisonfan1234
03-10-2004, 09:18 PM
They'll probably just go after Idaho harder.

somebison
03-10-2004, 09:25 PM
That University of Idaho poster on Fullerton's ceiling is probably getting some extra stains about now.

tony
03-10-2004, 10:22 PM
Sacramento State changing conferences would be good for NDSU because it would mean another Great West member right away - and a better shot at the Big Sky too.

Sac State dropping football would be bad for everybody though.

Sac_State
03-11-2004, 03:58 PM
Those quotes from Gonzo are before he made the D2010 speech. Writers will sometimes use old quotes in new stories to keep the subject fresh in the readers eyes.

89rabbit
03-11-2004, 04:04 PM
I hope Sac-State does not drop football, we need more I-AA teams in the West not fewer.

Bisonfan1234
03-11-2004, 04:06 PM
Meh...i guess i don't really care if they do or not.

It would be nice to see them in the Great West, but oh well if they aren't.

Hell, it would be nice to see San Jose St in the Great West too.

Sac_State
03-11-2004, 06:33 PM
I think those are threats being made about the upcoming ASI student fee. If it passes, it opens the door to more possibilities. If it fails, who knows?

But again, I think those quotes were made some time ago and placed in a 'current' story.

somebison
03-31-2004, 02:58 AM
http://www.statehornet.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2004/03/30/4069c9fde3522

comments Dorothy?

WYOBISONMAN
03-31-2004, 04:25 AM
Gotta say.....the stains on the Idaho poster comment has me laughing my ass off..... :D

lucchesicourt
03-31-2004, 02:19 PM
I hope Sac State does not drop football as they are the Ags 1st real rivalry. I do know that Sac State does not get the support that the Ags do from fans and Alumni. Much of this can be attributed to the fact that Sac State is a school where students tend to drive to school and return home when they are done, where in other schools lke UCD 99% of the students live in Davis or on campus. Davis is a small city where one can get from any place in the city including the campus by bicycle (which is the primary mode of transportation in Davis). The general community is also very much dependent on the campus for the economy as well. Hence, there is a closeness between the school and the residents of Davis. Sac being a large city does not have the closeness with the community, and this their sports programs suffer from support and interests (along with the fact that they need to compete with the Sac Kings and a minor league baseball team.
Being that the state university system is losing college football in general (probably due to high cost- UC may not be far behind), it would be good for the entire system if they made sure that some state schools were to keep their programs going. This would benefit some students who would not be able to afford college without the athletic programs. I'm not sure how many state schools currently have football teams, I could use a little help here Sac State. Let's see , Fresno, San Jose, Sac State, (I do not include Cal Polies in this) San Diego , does Long Beach?, any others?