PDA

View Full Version : UCD football stadium delayed indefinately...

Sac_State
04-09-2004, 07:30 PM
Multi-use stadium hits roadblock
Budget problems delay construction
Send a letter to the editor

By SURESH RAMAN
Aggie Sports Editor

California's budget woes have put a snag in the construction of UC Davis' proposed multi-use stadium.

In its March meeting, the University of California Board of Regents decided to postpone all capital projects until future notice, including the stadium.

Originally scheduled to open in time for the 2005 football season, the future home of the Aggies will not begin construction any time soon according to Bob Bullis, associate athletic director in charge of business and facilities.

"I can't tell you how disappointed I am by all of this," Bullis said.

Part of the Facilities and Campus Enhancement initiative passed by students in 1999, the stadium will more than likely not be available for the Aggies' 2005 season, Bullis said.

"Budget constraints forced [the regents] to put all capital projects off the agenda," Bullis said. "They said they will try to get to it as soon as they can.

"There was a fully funded project at the UCD Medical Center that was also taken off, so this is not an isolated incident," he continued. "But the stadium will get built. The only question is when."

The Ted and Rand Schaal Aquatics Center and the soon-to-open Activities and Recreation Center adjacent to Recreation Hall were the two other major projects on the FACE initiative.

Students will be charged $18 per quarter for the stadium, but only after it has been completed, Bullis said.

Bisonguy
04-09-2004, 08:12 PM
Does this affect Sac State's facility plans?

Sac-State- where's the new Sac State board, or are all three *of you hanging out on somebody else's board?

somebison
04-09-2004, 09:35 PM
Does this affect Sac State's facility plans?

Sac-State- where's the new Sac State board, or are all three *of you hanging out on somebody else's board?

http://4cybiko.com/bigskyfans/index.php?s=5d3a01da904b5b5ed86381c012e9d21c&showf orum=2

Bisonguy
04-09-2004, 10:24 PM
Wow, I wonder if that one will last more than a week. ::)