PDA

View Full Version : I can almost smell the fall air and football....

WYOBISONMAN
04-12-2004, 02:19 PM
Why you ask? Well, I have been over reading the Griz board and I see that NDSU's neighbors to the West are starting to get a overconfident about the game they have against UNC this year. Hmmmmm......Kind of reminds me of those "Crow Eatin'" fans last year. Anyway.....those kind of cocky rumblings from the Griz board surely indicate that the Football Season is starting to heat up.....just a little.... ;)

uncbear
04-12-2004, 05:35 PM
hopefully we can leave them with a similar gift to the one you left them with last year.

It is just the fans as far as I can tell though. I read an article about Montana scheduling UNC and the coach was not happy at all. He said he wanted an easy game and that adding UNC makes the schedule grueling. I guarantee he is conveying that respect to the players and they probably won't underestimate UNC.

lucchesicourt
04-13-2004, 03:44 PM
I think the coach is just trying to motivate his players. But, I do know UNC will NOT be an easy task for them.
I think the best way to motivate someone is to tell them you know that they can't do it, and the competetive nature will just take over from there to prove the point ,that you can. The coach is making just this type of point to motivate the players (IMO).