PDA

View Full Version : Looks like SDSU is scheduling Southern.

WYOBISONMAN
06-17-2004, 06:18 PM
SDSU seems to have beat NDSU in the scheduling department. Looks as if SDSU will be playing Southern in September. Makes me wonder if the win against Montana hurt us. Hopefully next year will see the elimination of games like Montana Tech.

Bisonguy
06-17-2004, 06:58 PM
**Makes me wonder if the win against Montana hurt us. *

Duh! ;) ;D

Gene Taylor said right after the Montana game many AD's of the "better" I-AA programs would no longer return his phone calls. I know Gene wanted a full I-AA schedule this year, but it should be easier next year. Montana Tech helps fill out a good home schedule to generate $$$ for this year.

I don't see how SDSU beat NDSU in the scheduling. ???

One DII and one NAIA is equal to or greater than three DII's .

JACKGUY
06-17-2004, 07:17 PM
I have no doubt NDSU's reputation and win over Montana has caused some AD's to reconsider playing the Bison. However, I can't imagine the Bison in their provisional year of DIAA are striking fear in every DIAA program in the country. While the win over Montana was a major upset let's keep it in perspective. The Jacks have a horrendous road schedule with UC Davis,Georgia Southern,Montana State,Cal Poly,Southern Utah,Northern Colorado and and now potentially Southern.

WYOBISONMAN
06-17-2004, 08:32 PM
I would say that the Jack's strength of schedule is better than the Bison.....Georgia Southern is a great game as are Montana State and now Southern. *I wish we could have gotten a game with the Bobcats too...and Georgia Southern would have been a great battle. * While Valpo is a big name in Basketball....I think the football game will not be a tough challenge. *All in all, SDSU's noncon schedule seems tougher than ours.

Tatanka
06-18-2004, 02:35 AM
Either way you still have to tip your hat to SU for getting anywhere close to a decent schedule for next season. Yes, Montana Tech might as well be Fargo Shanley (no offense to Shanley) but the rest of the games are either great competition, D1-AA, or both. And six home games...

I would tend to agree (politely so as not to have this thread moved to Bunny Smack) that playing SDSU is significantly less risky than playing NDSU if you're counting your W's and L's.

Schemer
06-18-2004, 04:35 PM
SDSU seems to have beat NDSU in the scheduling department. *Looks as if SDSU will be playing Southern in September. *Makes me wonder if the win against Montana hurt us. *Hopefully next year will see the elimination of games like Montana Tech.
Now, you're talking Southern out of Baton Rouge, La, right? If so, I have a co-worker who is a Southern grad. He said their football schedule has been in turmoil. In fact, the '04 schedule still isn't official. They had to move around Texas Southern (I believe that's correct, I haven't looked @ Southern's schedule) because of a mixup. It's been quite a fiasco.