PDA

View Full Version : 2004 SSI

JBB
07-12-2004, 09:30 PM
Any Idea if this years schedule is tougher than last?

Cal Poly, UNC, UCD, NW La, SDSU, Weber State are equal to the toughest games we had last year. (Montana is arugably the best team we have played in a number of years)

Carson Newman could certainly compete for the NCC title. Montana Tech would certainly challenge to stay out of the cellar in the NCC. Valpo and S. Utah would probably be very respectable in the NCC.

TheBisonator
07-13-2004, 03:20 AM
Montana Tech would be a very competitive NSIC school. I put Montana Tech on the same pedestal as a mid-tier NSIC team like SW Minnesota State and Wayne State-NE.

Carson Newman would hypothetically be NCC contenders. They would even probably do decent if they were a I-AA school. They're very good in their own D2 conference, if I'm not mistaken.

Valparaiso is only a non-scholly I-AA, but if they were in the GLIAC (for example), they would be very competitive.

JBB
07-13-2004, 03:45 AM
Are you expecting something like Ferris State or Grand Valley?

Bisonguy
07-13-2004, 03:52 AM
This year's schedule is leaps and bounds more difficult than last year's. Montana Tech, Valpo, and Carson-Newman all have the potential to be a Mankato/Winona type of game. One where the Mighty Bison look much better on paper, but could have a difficult time putting the game out of reach.

One of the most difficult parts of the schedule is the lack of familiarity of the opponents. UC-Davis, Northern Colorado, and SDSU at home are already known to be tough games. I've been preaching that Northwestern State could possibly be the toughest game, and now it's proven as they are a top 15 team in the preseason polls. Southern Utah looks to be on the upward swing, and cannot be overlooked as a win. Nicholls State looks to be inconsistent, and could be dangerous in the Louisiana heat. Cal-Poly seems to suffer from the same inconsistent play as Nicholls. They did knock off a very good Davis team last year that put an "L" in the Bison record, and beat Big Sky co-champs Montana State. Weber State finished in the top half of the Big Sky, and should not be a pushover.

There's not a lot of automatic W's on the schedule this year. Any success will have to be earned on the field.

JBB
07-13-2004, 04:11 AM
Your right BisonGuy, and over on any given saturday Southern Utah is being praised as a strong contender. *We have Southern Utah, Cal Poly and Northwestern State at home in a row!! *I hope we are still in contention when Northwestern shows up. *Its a hell of a schedule for home town fans.