PDA

View Full Version : Winston-Salem State to move from DII to DI/I-AA

Bison_Kent
07-07-2004, 11:06 PM
Here is the story:

http://wssurams.collegesports.com/genrel/070704aaa.html

Herd_Mentality
07-08-2004, 06:01 AM
Sorry Kent, but this article seems pointless since we'd never be able to schedule Winston-Salem in Fargo with this new smoking ban... ;D

Tatanka
07-09-2004, 01:31 AM
Sorry Kent, but this article seems pointless since we'd never be able to schedule Winston-Salem in Fargo with this new smoking ban... * ;D
Well done. :D :D :D :D

BisonMav
07-09-2004, 02:57 AM
F@#$%#g government...

Michael Moore Syndrome

jackmd
07-14-2004, 03:42 AM
Fucking government...

Just wanted to post a little relevant info about smoking. Some of you may have heard of the surgeon general (based on what I have read from 1234 I doubt he has). If you have a friend, family member, or co-worker who smokes, suggest that they stop. You have to be stupid or flat out addicted to continue, don't you?? Off the soapbox. (I'm a pulmonologist, I gotta try).

Smoking Consequences (http://www.surgeongeneral.gov/library/smokingconsequences/)

New Surgeon General's Report Expands List of Diseases Caused by Smoking

U.S. Surgeon General Richard H. Carmona today released a new comprehensive report on smoking and health, revealing for the first time that smoking causes diseases in nearly every organ of the body. Published 40 years after the surgeon general's first report on smoking -- which concluded that smoking was a definite cause of three serious diseases -- this newest report finds that cigarette smoking is conclusively linked to diseases such as leukemia, cataracts, pneumonia and cancers of the cervix, kidney, pancreas and stomach.

"We've known for decades that smoking is bad for your health, but this report shows that it's even worse than we knew," Dr. Carmona said. "The toxins from cigarette smoke go everywhere the blood flows. I'm hoping this new information will help motivate people to quit smoking and convince young people not to start in the first place.................

JBNJBQ
07-14-2004, 07:30 PM
Boy, everyone seems to be really angry on this thread! I think I'll go over to the Smack Board, where everyone is happy!

Don't worry! Be HAPPY!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Bison7925
07-14-2004, 09:06 PM
I suggest we invoke the 1234 rule*.

*Whenever 1234 begins a rant, it automatically goes to smack.

tony
07-14-2004, 09:27 PM
Hmm, I could move this to smack. However, if freedom is just doing what I want without regard for anybody else's well-being, I'm just going to delete BisonFan1234's political posts, despite their valuable insights into the nature of government and of freedom.

Yeah, it hurts me to do it, but I've just gotta be free (free of idiotic political rants on a sports forum, that is).

Take JackMD's advice: don't smoke.

Bison7925
07-14-2004, 09:37 PM
Tony,

I thank you ;D

And I am sure that others thank you too ;D

WYOBISONMAN
07-15-2004, 06:29 AM
Tony.....great job in stopping the ranting that has gotten out of hand on this board!!