PDA

View Full Version : GWFC bottom line week 2

somebison
09-09-2004, 02:29 AM
here (http://greatwestfootball.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/090804aab.html)

Could you ask for anything more for the first official Great West Conference game? Saturday's North Dakota State/Northern Colorado game had it all. Well maybe it lacked those huge offensive plays that fans might have expected, but everything else was as promised. Strong defense. Some clutch plays down the stretch. An unlikely (almost) hero. The close game that everyone predicted. And a down to the wire finish.

After falling behind 15-0 and struggling to dent the scoreboard, North Dakota State found life in the 4th quarter. The Bison, who dominated almost all of the statistics, looked to an unlikely source. Freshman quarterback Steve Walker (10-10, 112 yards) made his debut at an unexpected time relieving an ineffective Tony Stauss, who had thrown five interceptions. Walker's impact was immediate, as he drove the team for two scores cutting the Bears lead to 15-13. The youngster looked anything but, scrambling for a key fourth down conversion, and taking it in from four yards out for a score. He had help from Kyle Steffes who topped the 100-yard mark for the second week in a row with 128 yards.

somebison
09-09-2004, 02:32 AM
also mentions and provides a link to the bison chat room

CKelly
09-09-2004, 02:53 AM
Let me formally apologize for once referring to NDSU as North Dakota. I didn't catch it. I get a couple free-bee's. ;)

JBB
09-09-2004, 01:06 PM
Its ok Chris. Nobodys heard of that North Dakota anyway.

IowaBison
09-09-2004, 01:57 PM
that's not a big deal at all, Fox Sports Net referred to the Bison as North Dakota, not a big deal

if it would have been 'university of...' or the 'sio..'

but hell we are North Dakotas only DI school, I don't have a problem with it

lucchesicourt
09-10-2004, 02:11 PM
Anyone see any weaknesses in the UNC defense?

tony
09-10-2004, 02:45 PM
Well, they did give up over 400 yards. They fly around though.

BTW, I didn't mind the announcers calling NDSU "North Dakota." If they had called NDSU the "University of North Dakota" or UND that would have been a problem, but NDSU was the only North Dakota team on the field Besides, nobody calls UND "North Dakota" other than people from out of state (and a significant amount of the time they call them North Dakota State (http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/9611986.htm).

IowaBison
09-10-2004, 07:38 PM
in national games, it's more often than not