PDA

View Full Version : NDSU @ SDSU

JBB
10-05-2004, 10:37 PM
NDSU* @ SDSU

Ive never been one to get down on SDSU. *I didnt bail-out when they got 50 or so hung on them by Cal D. *Just like so many teams, DI-AA and DII both, that come into Fargo, I think they are a good football team that just got overwhelmed. *I said they would lose to Cal Poly but it would be a lot closer than most people thought. *I listened to most of the game and it was close, but really never in doubt.

SDSU was able to stay in that game because of their great rushing defense. *Now, just a few yards behind GWFC league leader Cal Poly, SDSU was able to slow that Mustang down by standing up to the run. *That is their only chance against the BISON. *They have to stop the run, not let it have an average or even near average day, they have to shut it down so NDSU has some 3 and outs, lots of third down situations, wastes lots of time with 1 and 2 yard gains and generally punts a lot after third and long. *

I dont think they can do that. *NDSU will get an average day, and on top of that so will Stauss and company through the air. *That will be enough to win. *Thats how Cal Poly beat them. * and they have the worst pass defnse in the league, just a little worse than the NDSU BISON.

I see a close game al la Cal Poly with NDSU coming out on top. *The intangibles and the strength of the SDSU run defense keep this one close and worth seeing. *Go to the game and tape it at home. *It could be a classic.

Advantage BISON *by 1.

WYOBISONMAN
10-05-2004, 11:17 PM
NDSU by 21.

Bison_Kent
10-05-2004, 11:30 PM
I am heading to the game on Saturday. I am sort of a jinks for blowouts so far this season.

--I saw NDSU lose 15-13 on a blocked FG to end the game Sept. 4.

--I saw Sam Houston State lose to Southwest Missouri State 33-31 that went back and forth in the 4th quarter.

--I saw Stephen F. Austin defeat Northern Iowa 24-21 that had UNI driving for the tie or win before a costly holding call set them back and lost the ball on 4th down.

I think this week will be close and will not pick the winner but in my heart you know who I am routing for.

JBB
10-05-2004, 11:42 PM
Oh yea, Bison_Kents slip from rooting to routing reminds me, NDSU has the route factor in their favor. If this one gets out of hand look for the BISON to be on top.

jack100
10-06-2004, 12:54 AM
NDSU* @ SDSU

NDSU will get an average day, and on top of that so will Stauss and company through the air. That will be enough to win. Thats how Cal Poly beat them. and they have the worst pass defnse in the league, just a little worse than the NDSU BISON.

I see a close game al la Cal Poly with NDSU coming out on top. The intangibles and the strength of the SDSU run defense keep this one close and worth seeing. Go to the game and tape it at home. It could be a classic.

Advantage BISON by 1.

If Stauss has his average day with 3 interceptions - SDSU wins easily. If Stauss has a good game - NDSU should win. Final Score - SDSU 21 NDSU 14.

Bisonguy
10-06-2004, 12:59 AM
If Stauss has his average day with 3 interceptions - SDSU wins easily. *If Stauss has a good game - NDSU should win. *Final Score *- SDSU *21 * NDSU *14.

Stauss has a total of 7 INT's over 5 games, including a 5 INT game against UNC. How would 3 INT's be average? ::)

Tatanka
10-06-2004, 02:21 AM
Bison 47
Bunnies 3

jack100
10-06-2004, 06:31 AM
Stauss has a total of 7 INT's over 5 games, including a 5 INT game against UNC. How would 3 INT's be average? ::)

The Bison have played two good teams - UNC & Nicholls - 5 ints vs UNC and 2 vs Nicholls = an average of 3.5/game.

BisonMav
10-06-2004, 12:27 PM
Bison 28
SDSU 7

Flintstone
10-06-2004, 01:25 PM
I thought Stauss only threw 1 int against Nicholls.

Bison 38
SDSU 14

Bisonguy
10-06-2004, 08:39 PM
I thought Stauss only threw 1 int against Nicholls.

Bison 38
SDSU 14
He did.

Former_Hitman
10-06-2004, 10:25 PM
If this game becomes a true rivalry on Saturday and year to come, numbers on a piece of paper don't come into play.

A true rivalry, even if one team appears the most dominant, the dominant team will play at their opponent's/rival's level.

That being said, we will find out Saturday, if these teams will become good rivals

Thanks

Jacks99
10-06-2004, 10:49 PM
Yes we will ;D

SDSU 24
NDSU 21

kchats
10-07-2004, 05:09 AM
NDSU 35
SDSU12

Bison D spends alot of time in the SDSU backfield. SDSU gets confused by Bison zone blitz scheme much like Northern Colorado.

jackmd
10-09-2004, 06:10 PM
If this is going to become a true rivalry SDSU needs to win this first game at the DI level. Therefore, it will be.

Jacks play like they should, bison are a little shaky, fate/a higher power, is on our side. SDSU comes out a winner giving NDSU a full year to sulk. I can't wait!!!

SDSU 27
NDSU 24

Game tying field goal try for NDSU blocked in the last seconds. Bison come out on the losing end against their primary rival again! You guys suck.

somebison
10-09-2004, 06:17 PM
I think NDSU is a better team- but SDSU is very strong at Coughlin- we'll see what happens 8)

BisonInTexas
10-09-2004, 07:41 PM
If this is going to become a true rivalry SDSU needs to win this first game at the DI level. *Therefore, it will be.

Jacks play like they should, bison are a little shaky, fate/a higher power, is on our side. *SDSU comes out a winner giving NDSU a full year to sulk. *I can't wait!!!

SDSU 27
NDSU 24

Game tying field goal try for NDSU blocked in the last seconds. *Bison come out on the losing end against their primary rival again! *You guys suck.

It is amazing the scenarios you can think up when you conveniently choose to forget the last 40 years of a series.... ;D

jackmd
10-10-2004, 05:28 AM
As you were aware of but to stupid to understand, the last 40, 80, 20, etc.. years do not matter.

We win, you lose. *Get use to it. *That is the way it will be.

gfbisonfan
10-10-2004, 05:55 AM
Yes we will *;D

SDSU 24
NDSU 21

Nice prediction!!!!!!

DIBISON
10-10-2004, 06:21 AM
Give the Jacks credit they won for the 3 time in the last 11 games.

This victory will really help their transition to DI.

But the collaboration is over, the Bison will begin a new streak and dominate the football series for the next 10 years.

jackmd
10-10-2004, 06:24 AM
Give the Jacks credit they won for the 3 time in the last 11 games.

This victory will really help their transition to DI.

But the collaboration is over, the Bison will begin a new streak and dominate the football series for the next 10 years.

Dreaming as you type. You may want to ask your MD for a sleep study/psych eval.

BisonInTexas
10-10-2004, 10:22 AM
As you were aware of but to stupid to understand, the last 40, 80, 20, etc.. years do not matter.

We win, you lose. *Get use to it. *That is the way it will be.

Congrats on the win.

Now you can start learning how to win graciously. I guess I will cut you a break because you haven't had that much experience at it. That is where the 40 years matters.

Craig

JBNJBQ
10-10-2004, 01:48 PM
Congrats on the win. *

Now you can start learning how to win graciously. * I guess I will cut you a break because you haven't had that much experience at it. * That is where the 40 years matters.

Craig

It is hard to be gratious to a team that is so arrogant both before and after getting beat. Take a look at a class team on the SDSU board. Southern University showed respect to the Jacks before the game. We showed respect to them after we beat them. Take a lesson. This is DI not gradeschool.

JBNJBQ

BisonInTexas
10-10-2004, 02:43 PM
I saw lots of posts "respecting" the Jacks before the game, just as I saw lots of posts congratulating them after they won. Read the posts by Jacks fans and I think you will see arrogance before and after the victory, just as you were complaining about the Bison fans. Hardly a class act as you described it.

I don't get the "This is DI not gradeschool" comment. I guess when you are DI, everybody can act like asses?

Craig

BisonMav
10-10-2004, 03:34 PM
Congrats to the Jackrabbits.

JBNJBQ
10-10-2004, 05:46 PM
Bison 47
Bunnies 3

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

jackrabbit1979
10-10-2004, 07:09 PM
This thread seems to shout with overconfidence and arrogance, Take a look:

http://www.bisonville.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1096038322;s tart=0#0

Again, great win for the jacks, congrats to the bison on a good game played. Let the rivalry begin, its too bad the Bison fans from the sound of it aren't embracing it for what iit is worth. To me last night it seemed as if the Jack fans were.

JackJD
10-11-2004, 02:10 AM
I was at the game. The Bison fans tailgating before the game and their crowd during the game showed great sportsmanship. Their band put on a good show.

I watched the Bison players after the game and they showed good sportsmanship, too.

JBB
10-11-2004, 02:34 AM
I embraced it for what it was worth. It was the 91st meeting between ancient rivals. I tried to gently remind overconfident, even disappointed BISON fans (not the hated x rival you know) to look at the stats. The Rabbits were a formidable foe. You were. I think the consensus is that it was one great game.

The run defense was as good as I had feared and the suprise: Your abililty to run on the BISON. Right from the start WDAY was telling us that it was a hard hitting great football game, by the middle of the fourth Phil Hanson was calling it a contest of wills. That might explain those two fourth down situations. you just werent going to be denied.

footballfan
10-11-2004, 04:37 PM
Great win for us Jack fans....But wanted to compliment the Bison fans for there passion for the game. I tailgated with some Bison parents, great people. I am sure it will be the same in Fargo next year. Hopefully with the same results......