PDA

View Full Version : DIAA Championship game recommendations

BISON_PRIDE
02-19-2005, 08:15 PM
Some recommendations for the IAA championship game were made recently. *I hope these get passed.
www.i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=66600

I especially like the part about expanding to 24 teams, without an autobid conference at this point.

SDbison
02-19-2005, 10:16 PM
I say open it up to all teams except those who are in their first year of transition. I don't care if it is the top 16 or 24 that qualify. I just don't get why the NCAA has to be such hard a$$es about the waiting period for post season elligibility. So what are the chances anyway? Lets just say the Bison do go 11-0 next year and are ranked say #8 or #9 in DI-AA. It would be so wrong that a team that good could not be in the playoffs. Does anyone know of a real life example of a team in transition that was highly ranked and denied the playoffs due to the waiting period (DI-AA or DI-A)?

tony
02-19-2005, 10:36 PM
Wish they'd have put "Have the game on Saturday afternoon" as their number 1 priority.

BisBison
02-19-2005, 10:45 PM
Get it someplace that is "fan friendly" like Vegas and definitely have it on Saturday afternoon. Let Chattanooga have their choo choo. They sure have no idea how to host a championship game.

scottheck
02-19-2005, 11:45 PM
Some recommendations for the IAA championship game were made recently. *I hope these get passed.
www.i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=66600

This is a good start. Add a better location and now you've got a game... :o

somebison
02-20-2005, 01:05 AM
IMO the game should be in Baton Rouge, LA- home of Southern. December temps there are slightly warmer than Vegas and Chatty. Also Southern has a nice stadium, which it is renovating. It is a "I-AA city". Southern is normally near the top of I-AA attendance, it is also the home of LSU.. who won't be playing that weekend so there are plenty of local FB fans. Baton Rouge is also with DRIVING DISTANCE of many I-AA's, including most of the the Southland, SoCon, Gateway, and OVC. Students are a big part of the atmosphere, and very few would be able to fly to Vegas.

Also- New Orleans- a real tourist destination/airport is only an hour away.

Bisonguy
02-20-2005, 01:16 AM
After the "huge crowd" at the LVAAC, I'd say all the talk of moving the game to Las Vegas is worthless.

Baton Rouge, Houston, Kansas City..... Something near the middle of the U.S., in the south for good eats and warmer temps, where football is a big deal, and near a major airline hub.

Gamehunter
02-20-2005, 02:43 AM
SATURDAY, Saturday, saturday.......

Bisonguy
02-20-2005, 02:52 AM
SATURDAY, Saturday, saturday.......

....Saturday night's alright.

somebison
02-20-2005, 02:55 AM
A saturday game on TV head to head with the NFL? :-/

The TV ratings would be Horrible

tony
02-20-2005, 03:13 AM
Hehehe. Could ratings for a Saturday game be worse than they are right now? Who the heck thinks, "Hey, it's Friday night, better get home so I can watch some football?"

DII's game is on a Saturday and their ratings have been better than DI-AA's. There are easily twice as many DI-AA football fans. Heck, Thursday night would be better than Friday night.

Not only that, putting the game on Friday makes it extremely difficult for people with jobs to get to the game.