PDA

View Full Version : UNC/SDSU rivalry

uncfan
01-31-2005, 08:30 PM
Ok, I am a little confused here. SDSU states that NDSU is their huge rival. Yet, when I read your posts it seems you still consider ND your biggest rival. So what's the deal? Do you at all consider UNC your rival? It seems to me that NDSU is a better match up versus UNC and more of a competative game then would be a NDSU vs. SDSU game, right? Atleast when talking about football.

Bison_Dan
01-31-2005, 09:16 PM
The sue are just a jealous dii school that doesn't have the vision to move forward. As far as I'm concerned UCD is our biggest rival followed by UNC then SDSU.

Big_BisonFan
01-31-2005, 09:18 PM
In my opinion our athletic rivalry with UND is on hold, and will be until they join us in D-I/AA athletics. They are still our instate University/Academic/Hated/etc.. rival, that will never change.

As far as SDSU rivalry with football, it is a geographical/land grant/natural football rivalry. I think the traveling trophy is the only reason SDSU considers us a "Huge" rival. *I would also consider UNC and UC-Davis good football rivals. I also believe that most people in Bison Country love to see UNC, UC-Davis, and SDSU play the Bison, and would consider them rivals.

IowaBison
01-31-2005, 09:33 PM
the fact that SDSU has the trophy, which according to many was to be placed in the Union in October and to stay there forever, really pisses me off!

damn the rabbits!

89rabbit
01-31-2005, 10:01 PM
You mean this trophy?

http://www.argusleader.com/gallery/2004/sdsu_ndsu/images/5.jpg

Just trying to heat up the rivalry! ;) ;D

Go Jackrabbits! ;D

JACKGUYII
01-31-2005, 10:24 PM
UNCFAN-I enjoy your continued dissing of SDSU on the NDSU site. SDSU actually beat both NDSU and UNC in football this year. I think you will find NDSU and SDSU will dominate your squad at the DIAA level on a consistent basis. Keep expanding that stadium while only getting 4,000 for your games.

uncfan
02-01-2005, 12:16 AM
JackguyII, you are the best man.

Gamehunter
02-03-2005, 03:07 AM
Please take good care of that trophy Rabbit, I don't want any scratches on it so as to look beat up in the Union next fall.

89rabbit
02-03-2005, 03:29 AM
Damn that rock is good looking! You boys should come down and see it some time. ;) ;D

Go Jackrabbits! 8)

Gamehunter
02-05-2005, 11:16 PM
naw, I'll just wait for your shipping department to drop it off at the Fargodome. Albiet, your shipping is notoriously slow, and will probable take 8 months and 10 days, but hey, its free, and if I can wait that long, it will be available for my viewing untill I leave the Fargo area.

KidDakota
02-06-2005, 03:30 AM
uncfan at one time both ND/SDSU had good instate rivals. But we have moved on to a new era, if the two SU's form a good love/hate rival that is great and makes sense. The North of the Dakota family is our little brother and is a natural rival (sibling thing).

As for North, hey look forward to this fall, but we have the rock. You want it you have to take it from us, good luck. If any Bison are interested we will provide a tour of the rock at no charge (but please no pictures ;)

;D

Gamehunter
02-19-2005, 05:34 PM
So is that kinda like taking candy from a baby? ;D

I'll be sure and tell Coach Bohl to not be to harsh on you guys when you come to Fargo, wouldn't want the rest of your season to go into shambles after a meeting with a physical Bison group. After all, I'm sure you have plans for revenge on UCD.

uncbear
02-20-2005, 01:15 AM
UNCFAN-I enjoy your continued dissing of SDSU on the NDSU site. SDSU actually beat both NDSU and UNC in football this year. I think you will find NDSU and SDSU will dominate your squad at the DIAA level on a consistent basis. Keep expanding that stadium while only getting 4,000 for your games.

Yah, SDSU football is a powerhouse with a tradition of excellence.

89rabbit
02-20-2005, 03:50 AM
Yah, SDSU football is a powerhouse with a tradition of excellence.

Good enough to beat you bears. ;)