PDA

View Full Version : Northern Colorado Schedule Released

Bison_Kent
03-02-2005, 08:19 PM
The Bears are playing two DII teams and play UC Davis the day that the first round of th I-AA plays starts.

http://www.i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=67125

greenandgold01
03-02-2005, 09:14 PM
I don't understand why they want to give up Oct. 8th and Oct. 15th to play in late november. Their fans are going to freeze their butt's off.

Plus 2 bye weeks in a row!

Gamehunter
03-02-2005, 09:32 PM
what fans? ???

Maybe the bears can pull something out of there arse this year, but things arn't really looking good after loosing NFL caliber WR Vincent Jackson.

greenandgold01
03-02-2005, 11:02 PM
what fans? ???

Maybe the bears can pull something out of there arse this year, but things arn't really looking good after loosing NFL caliber WR Vincent Jackson.

He wasn't much of a factor in their win vs. NDSU. :-/

Gamehunter
03-03-2005, 05:47 AM
Dont kid yourself, Vincent was a HUGE asset to the Bears. It is absolutely insane to think of how much he accomplished considering who was throwing him the ball. Now, if he had a real quaterback there is no telling what he would have been like.

Vincent wasn't much of a factor for the Bears in the NDSU game because they never found the endzone against a very tough defense. They ended up converted 5 of 6 field goal attempts to win the game because about the only thing they could do right was intercept 5 wild picks. They could not pass, they could not rush. That was a funny game, as NDSU nearly doubled the Bears offensive yardage, yet lost from the 5 turnovers. Nothing seemed to go right in that game, as a missed field goal was the clincher after a tremendous comeback.

greenandgold01
03-03-2005, 01:13 PM
Dont kid yourself, Vincent was a HUGE asset to the Bears. It is absolutely insane to think of how much he accomplished considering who was throwing him the ball. Now, if he had a real quaterback there is no telling what he would have been like.

Vincent wasn't much of a factor for the Bears in the NDSU game because they never found the endzone against a very tough defense. They ended up converted 5 of 6 field goal attempts to win the game because about the only thing they could do right was intercept 5 wild picks. They could not pass, they could not rush. That was a funny game, as NDSU nearly doubled the Bears offensive yardage, yet lost from the 5 turnovers. Nothing seemed to go right in that game, as a missed field goal was the clincher after a tremendous comeback.

Hence, why I said he wasn't much of a factore vs. NDSU.

Paulie
03-03-2005, 03:11 PM
what fans? *???

LOL!!! You owned them!!!! LOL :D

Gamehunter
03-04-2005, 03:48 AM
Hence, why I said he wasn't much of a factore vs. NDSU.

then I guess I don't get your point?? At first the way it sounded to me, you thought Vincent wouldn't be a big loss for the bears, which is not true.

greenandgold01
03-04-2005, 02:02 PM
then I guess I don't get your point?? At first the way it sounded to me, you thought Vincent wouldn't be a big loss for the bears, which is not true.

My point was they still beat us without him having any big plays. IE, it didn't even matter that he played against us.

mikelsch
03-04-2005, 03:51 PM
That game vs. UNC last year was so frustrating. No way we lose if Steve Walker plays. One step further...11-0 if Steve Walker starts vs. SDSU and Cal Poly.

thundar94
03-04-2005, 04:04 PM
That game vs. UNC last year was so frustrating. *No way we lose if Steve Walker plays. *One step further...11-0 if Steve Walker starts vs. SDSU and Cal Poly. *

Agreed!! ;D We have that to look forward to this year, no need to look to the past.

mikelsch
03-04-2005, 05:43 PM
Can't wait to hear about spring practice and watch the spring game.

JBB
03-04-2005, 06:03 PM
I think we will have some huge crowds this season and if you guys are right about a Walker led BISON squad we could be full to the the rafters by the time UCD, UNC and SDSU roll into town.

Gamehunter
03-07-2005, 02:18 AM
My point was they still beat us without him having any big plays. IE, it didn't even matter that he played against us.

Which gives zero indication that they are going to be good or bad next year.

I am going to step out on a limb and predict our attendance is up 1500-2k for next year. I think we will fill the dome twice maybe 3 times next year. At the very least once, with the SDSU game, but I also think the UCD game should be a good turn out for homecoming, as for the Harvest Bowl vs. UNC. I'm sure the Weber game will be a good turnout too, as of right now its our first home game, and against a Big Sky opponent. Not having DI or DII pushovers on the schedule this year is going to help out immensely with attendance. People should also be more familiar with our conference opponents from last year.

Siouxpreme
03-07-2005, 05:53 AM
I am going to step out on a limb and predict our attendance is up 1500-2k for next year. *I think we will fill the dome twice maybe 3 times next year. *At the very least once, with the SDSU game, but I also think the UCD game should be a good turn out for homecoming, as for the Harvest Bowl vs. UNC. *I'm sure the Weber game will be a good turnout too, as of right now its our first home game, and against a Big Sky opponent. *Not having DI or DII pushovers on the schedule this year is going to help out immensely with attendance. *People should also be more familiar with our conference opponents from last year.

If you want a big attendance game, just schedule Valpo again. ;) Seriously, if you guys can sell out two home games, that would be a major accomplishment. Have you ever sold out the F-dome except against the Sioux? A sellout against SDSU would mean you have a real rival - believe it when I see it.

My prediction, attendance will go up by a thousand per game excluding the Valpo near selloutgame. Net effect: attendance down by 500 per game.

JBB
03-07-2005, 12:23 PM
It was sold out for Valpo and PSU that I remember.

Sell out chances this year are UNC, UCD and SDSU. At least one will sell out, the other two will get big crowds.

The opener should be a good crowd too. Tailgating is good then.

BisonMav
03-07-2005, 12:24 PM
My prediction, attendance will go up by a thousand per game excluding the Valpo near selloutgame. *Net effect: *attendance down by 500 per game.

Care to make a wager?

Bison_Dan
03-07-2005, 01:28 PM
If you want a big attendance game, just schedule Valpo again. * ;) *Seriously, if you guys can sell out two home games, that would be a major accomplishment. *Have you ever sold out the F-dome except against the Sioux? *A sellout against SDSU would mean you have a real rival - believe it when I see it.

My prediction, attendance will go up by a thousand per game excluding the Valpo near selloutgame. *Net effect: *attendance down by 500 per game.

First of all we did have a sell out did you? *Why not? Second why do you care? *The fact is in a couple of years no one will care about sue land on the dii side. *Now you can take that to the bank! * ;D

mikelsch
03-07-2005, 04:35 PM
No one cares about DII already, even UND's own fans. Even they only care about DI (hockey).

JACKGUYII
03-07-2005, 05:46 PM
No doubt in my mind the SDSU game will be a sellout. The Jacks fans have always traveled well to Fargo and next year I'm confident you will see a huge contingent to see the jacks defend the rock!

Gamehunter
03-07-2005, 07:15 PM
I would second that. After seeing the turnout for the SDSU game at the BSA I can't help but think that is the real deal. 6000+ is ALOT more than we averaged for the other games because we have no conference and people get disinterested. I think the SDSU game will even have MORE people than the valpo game.

Supreme

If you want a big attendance game, just schedule Valpo again. Wink Seriously, if you guys can sell out two home games, that would be a major accomplishment. Have you ever sold out the F-dome except against the Sioux? A sellout against SDSU would mean you have a real rival - believe it when I see it.

My prediction, attendance will go up by a thousand per game excluding the Valpo near selloutgame. Net effect: attendance down by 500 per game.

I will agree with one thing, selling out 2 game would be a major accomplishment....yes it would, and we ARE accomplishing major things, unlike your school.

You pay way to much attention to our attendance statistics to be much of a sue fan, but you still make for a crappy bison fan. :P