PDA

View Full Version : Mary and Upper Iowa offered NSIC invitations

Bison_Kent
04-06-2005, 01:23 AM
Here is the release:

http://www.northernsun.org/upper%20iowa%20and%20mary%20release.pdf

TheBisonator
04-06-2005, 01:37 AM
That's good. I'm happy for U Mary and Upper Iowa. Especially Upper Iowa, because they've done a lot of work expanding their campus, academic curriculums and student enrollment and taking their sports programs to the next level. Maybe this in turn will result in a growth of the town of Fayette.

Good for U Mary too, because now the Bismarck/Mandan area will have a decent-sized NCAA athletics program to root for.

BisBison
04-06-2005, 02:38 AM
That's good.

Good for U Mary too, because now the Bismarck/Mandan area will have a decent-sized NCAA athletics program to root for.

Just as decent-sized as gf ;D ;D

greenandgold01
04-06-2005, 02:51 AM
That's good. I'm happy for U Mary and Upper Iowa. Especially Upper Iowa, because they've done a lot of work expanding their campus, academic curriculums and student enrollment and taking their sports programs to the next level. Maybe this in turn will result in a growth of the town of Fayette.

Bismark State?

DIBISON
04-06-2005, 03:41 AM
If the U of Mary becomes competitive in DII football it could change the recruiting landscape. When the Bison were DII alot of their talent came from Bismarck and western ND. Now the only DII school for these recruits is undII and more of these western ND recruits are going there since the Bison went DI. The U of Mary could actually start taking some of the in-state DII recruits away from undII. Imagine that, the U of Mary and undII in football recruiting battles!

Bison_Dan
04-06-2005, 01:14 PM
If the U of Mary becomes competitive in DII football it could change the recruiting landscape. *When the Bison were DII alot of their talent came from Bismarck and western ND. *Now the only DII school for these recruits is undII and more of these western ND recruits are going there since the Bison went DI. *The U of Mary could actually start taking some of the in-state DII recruits away from undII. *Imagine that, the U of Mary and undII in football recruiting battles! * *

I'm sure that und has upper Iowa in mind for scheduling.

WYOBISONMAN
04-06-2005, 02:34 PM
I am sure that Mary will compete well in D2. Now UND has a rival that is in state!! :o

DIBISON
04-15-2005, 12:44 AM
TV 6 Sports reported tonight that U of Mary and Upper Iowa have accepted membership in the NSIC and will be DII beginning the fall 2006.

JBB
04-15-2005, 01:19 AM
Fabulous. *Lets get UMary on the schedule for their first DII game in the Fabulous Fargo Dome! *I think that would be a great game.

Now that Im thinking about it, I wouldnt mind seeing Winona back in the Fabulous Fargo Dome either. Thats a possibility too, since the NSIC has a guaranteed bid and NCC champion does not.

4mcruenomore
04-15-2005, 02:54 PM
Full DAC-10 schedule this coming year, then it will be interesting who they can schedule
edit: Alot of people do root for Mary, but there are so many UND fans in Bismarck it makes you want to puke, maybe that will change.

MinotBison
04-16-2005, 12:03 AM
Full DAC-10 schedule this coming year, then it will be interesting who they can schedule
edit: Alot of people do root for Mary, but there are so many UND fans in Bismarck it makes you want to puke, maybe that will change.

UNDII and Mary. A new rivalry perhaps? ??? ???

4mcruenomore
04-16-2005, 12:33 AM
Yeah, that would make for a good ND rivalry, I can't wait.
The Community Bowl is a pretty nice little stadium, It will be fun to see some DII competition coming here in a few years.

02Bison
04-16-2005, 12:41 AM
So anyway....how about talking about I-AA football? ??? ???

DIBISON
04-16-2005, 05:18 AM
02Bison its all related, I wouldn't be suprised if the UMary is the next program in ND to go I-AA in football.

kchats
04-16-2005, 05:21 AM
02Bison its all related, I wouldn't be suprised if the UMary is the next program in ND to go I-AA in football.

Get real! They have 2750 students. They have division II written all over them. Congratulate them and move on. If you want to visit more about this find their board. This is a Bison athletics board.

DIBISON
04-16-2005, 06:24 AM
Soooorrrry! I was only giving the UMary credit for their move, and "tongue in cheek" saying that they will be the next ND school to follow the Bison to IAA, instead of the other logical DII school. I think it's great the UMary decided to move up to DII, congrats!

My post was also in response to 02Bison, as we the Bison were just DII a year ago. Even thought the topic is about programs moving up to DII, hey that's where the Bison were for many years!

BisBison
04-16-2005, 01:54 PM
Get real! *They have 2750 students. *They have division II written all over them. *Congratulate them and move on. *If you want to visit more about this find their board. *This is a Bison athletics board.
Mary doesn't have a board. They also have very little fan support. Unless it's Dickinson State here every other year the 6,000 seat Community Bowl they play in looks real empty. They have a lot to do in that area. Good luck to them in D-II

Hager780
04-17-2005, 07:50 AM
I am sure that Mary will compete well in D2. *Now UND has a rival that is in state!! * :o

well...UND OWNED your ASS for the last 10 years before you decided to pull a Monty Python (RUN AWAY!! RUN AWAY!!)
Hmmm...maybe Mary will be a competitive opponent who might actually field a team of guys with BALLS rather than the sorry bunch of LOSERS who couldn't take the heat and GOT OUT of the kitchen!! ;D

Hager780
04-17-2005, 07:51 AM
but, with due respect....you are di :D ;D :P

man I can't wait to see NDSU-Valpariso II :-X :-X :-X

JBB
04-17-2005, 11:22 AM
Gosh, I wish haggler 780 would pull his self glorifying mythical check from BISON Athletics. He gives about as much to NDSU as he contributes here. Spite, anger and jealousy. Not much of a BISON if you ask me. :-/

Bison_Dan
04-17-2005, 05:03 PM
well...UND OWNED your ASS for the last 10 years before you decided to pull a Monty Python (RUN AWAY!! RUN AWAY!!) *
Hmmm...maybe Mary will be a competitive opponent who might actually field a team of guys with BALLS rather than the sorry bunch of LOSERS who couldn't take the heat and GOT OUT of the kitchen!! ;D

Who won't play who? *The only losers are und - look at dii, its growing - *every little university want's to be dii. *und will be a member of the DAC10 very soon! * The hot ticket in the near future for dii football (no one will care) will be mayville hosting und!! ;D ;D

kchats
04-17-2005, 06:34 PM
well...UND OWNED your ASS for the last 10 years before you decided to pull a Monty Python (RUN AWAY!! RUN AWAY!!) *

At least you finally have showed your true colors. What took you so long to finally admit you are a UND graduate? Must be pretty embarrassed by attending a division II school. I believe the official word out of UND last season when they refused to play NDSU was that with the additional scholarships offered at NDSU the playing field is not level (or tilted in favor of the Sioux like in their games against NSIC teams). I have a hard time believing anyone that watched both teams play last year would actually think UND was the better team. The difference in talent and competition will be even more pronounced this season. :-X

kchats
04-17-2005, 06:36 PM
but, with due respect....you are di :D ;D :P

man I can't wait to see NDSU-Valpariso II :-X :-X :-X

Finally the truth comes out. Hager780 a true Sioux fan that posed as a NDSU fan in an attempt to make the Bison look bad. You sir are a joke! ::)

4mcruenomore
04-17-2005, 10:48 PM
I'm sure that UND will not want to play Mary either, too much to lose on their part. They might be surprised when the Big Blue Wrecking Crew comes to town, what kind of a football program Mary really has.

WYOBISONMAN
04-17-2005, 11:13 PM
Yep........780 is now out of the closet.....that must be a relief to him..... :o

sambini
04-18-2005, 03:41 AM
hager 780 you are a sioux.... so go on with your life and your fake donation to really und. we will be fine go bison.

sambini
04-18-2005, 03:41 AM
hager 780 you are a sioux.... so go on with your life and your fake donation to really und. we will be fine go bison.