18. North Dakota State
19. Jacksonville State
20. Lafayette
21. Montana State
22. Hampton
23. Appalachian State
24. Maine
25. Hofstra

Others receiving votes (minimum of 5 votes): Villanova (35), South Carolina State (33), Wofford (31), Portland State (30), Alabama State (16), Eastern Kentucky (16), McNeese State (15), Coastal Carolina (14), Pennsylvania (14), Southern University (11), Grambling (10), Colgate (9), Northern Arizona (9), Texas State (8), UC Davis (7), South Dakota State (6), Western Carolina (6), Brown (5), Stephen F. Austin (5).

Bisonfan1
05-23-2005, 07:15 PM
FANTASTIC - I was really hoping for a pre season ranking in the top 20. GREAT NEWS . GO BISON !!!!!!

Herd_Mentality
05-23-2005, 07:29 PM
Definitely fantastic...good reprsentation by the fledling GWFC also. Exciting to see we have 4 ranked teams at this point in the season on our schedule.

JBB
05-23-2005, 09:45 PM
I would have to say Im a little surprised. The BISON have the attention of DI-AA football. This ranking makes the Montana State game very interesting, at least at this point.

IowaBison
05-23-2005, 11:08 PM
I think it makes the Northwestern State game very interesting.

Gamehunter
05-24-2005, 01:33 AM
kudos NDBison

The Northwestern St. game will mean EVERYTHING, and then some, to the Bison. I have a feeling that game will affect the rest of the season. Not so much if it is W or L, but just how it is played. By the time we get to Montana St. the preseason wont have any significance.

I think Northwestern will run over most of their schedule this fall. Their road games don't appear to be that bad, with 6 home games too.

I'm a bit curious about Cal Poly's ranking though. I would have put them in the lower 20's. Probably behind Hampton.

IowaBison
05-24-2005, 01:31 PM
kudos NDBison

The Northwestern St. game will mean EVERYTHING, and then some, to the Bison. *I have a feeling that game will affect the rest of the season. *Not so much if it is W or L, but just how it is played. *By the time we get to Montana St. the preseason wont have any significance. *

I think Northwestern will run over most of their schedule this fall. *Their road games don't appear to be that bad, with 6 home games too.

I'm a bit curious about Cal Poly's ranking though. *I would have put them in the lower 20's. *Probably behind Hampton.

When I first saw Northwestern State in everyone's top 10 this spring, I was a little surprised. But then I learned that they are returning basically everybody on their squad.....

JBB
05-26-2005, 11:15 PM
I think it makes the Northwestern State game very interesting.

They open on the road against fellow SLC member Louisiana-Monroe. They will be ready to go for the BISON. Im glad we have Montecello first. They have everyone coming back and we have to work some new guys into the system. They will probably be ahead of us when we head down there, but I hope we can learn fast.

NDSU_grad
05-27-2005, 02:26 AM
They open on the road against fellow SLC member Louisiana-Monroe. *They will be ready to go for the BISON. *Im glad we have Montecello first. *They have everyone coming back and we have to work some new guys into the system. *They will probably be ahead of us when we head down there, but I hope we can learn fast.
UL-M is I-A, but they were a member of the SLC before that.

Bison_Kent
05-27-2005, 03:06 AM
Actually Louisiana-Monroe is just leaving the Southland for good this summer. They were a member of the I-A Sun Belt for football only and played their other sports in the Southland. They will soon be a full sports member of the Sun Belt.

JBB
05-27-2005, 12:16 PM
They have L-Monroe listed as a conference game on their schedule?

Here is an interesting score from last season involving our warm up game and another DII team that might make the move into the SLC.

10/30/2004 4:00 PM
Arkansas-Monticello *44 * * *
Central Arkansas * * *41 * * *FINAL

kchats
06-03-2005, 02:19 AM
NDSU is ranked #23 in the consolidated rankings posted on I-AA.org today. They were 18 in the AGS poll and were not listed in the Lindy's poll which went to 25.

http://www.i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=70564

Bisonguy
06-03-2005, 02:23 AM
NDSU is ranked #23 in the consolidated rankings posted on I-AA.org today. *They were 18 in the AGS poll and were not listed in the Lindy's poll which went to 25.

http://www.i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=70564

I think they just took their preseason poll from last year and changed the year on it. :-/