PDA

View Full Version : Top I-AA fans

kchats
09-08-2005, 06:42 PM
NDSU fans were mentioned in the series of articles listing the top 20 universities fan support.

After coming up with this list, it has to be said that there are fans of great schools that just couldn't quite make it into the upper echelon. There were also some real heartbreakers who seemed to belong but just seemed to have that something just missing. To Furman, Tennessee St., North Dakota St., Northwestern St., Yale, Southern Illinois, William & Mary, Eastern Washington, Western Illinois, and NC A&T fans, I can only say… better luck next time. Or get a better mascot. Or something

The link: Montana had the number one fans.

http://www.i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=72014

tony
09-08-2005, 06:49 PM
We've got a long way to go to get to Montana's level... I'd say we are about half-way there.

kchats
09-08-2005, 07:02 PM
Sounds like they want our mascot to be more entertaining. Do any of you remember the Thundar that went on to become the Timberwolves mascot? Didn't he get fired for getting caught with a macot from another team? He was a very active and exciting mascot at NDSU though.

Herd_Mentality
09-08-2005, 07:22 PM
When NDSU unveiled the new Thundar (whatever year that was) during a basketball game, they had Crunch come back and do it.

"Crunch" ended up taking a job with Nike shortly after that, I'm not sure where he's at now.

sambini
09-09-2005, 01:03 AM
Isn't the Utah Jazz Bear a native of the state. I know he is married to a Fargo gal.

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
09-09-2005, 04:00 PM
Isn't the Utah Jazz Bear a native of the state. I know he is married to a *Fargo gal.

He's from EGF. Went to UND though. Very good mascot too, can do all the flips and whoopdie doos. He came back for a game a couple of years ago.