PDA

View Full Version : Cal-Davis vs. Sacremento State

kchats
09-24-2005, 11:58 PM
Cal-Davis vs. Sacremento State is on Comcast Sportsnet channel 656 on DirecTV and they are up 21-7 at the half.

sambini
09-25-2005, 01:10 AM
The Ags usually kick a little Hornet bootie every year?

scottheck
09-25-2005, 04:21 AM
37-7, what a stomping by the Aggies :o

lucchesicourt
09-26-2005, 01:44 AM
We (UCD) may not get that much respect from D1AA as 3 teams that were 1-2 last week were ranked above us and above a 3-0 URI team. I am sorry, but our losses were by a few points to teams that were ranked or close to being ranked, and we beat Stanford. But somehow there are 3 teams that were 1-2 ranked ahead of us. Do ya think that is east Coast bias? Well, I am sorry to see you guys lost a close one. My guess is you'll drop a bit in the rankings because you are provisional and play in the West. Playing in the West surely hurts you guys, Have you thought about joining an east coast conference such as the A-10. Then a single loss won't matter, as you'll still be able to get votes.
When it comes to polls, west coast teams are surely at a disadvantage. As proof, Cal Poly did not get a playoff invite, UCD is ranked lower than 3 teams that were also 1-2, and when we get this week's rankings I'll bet NDSU will fall below the established D1AA team EWU. Which IMO is wrong!
Let's wait and see. Hey guys don't let one losss get you down. You are NOT playoff elgible (like us), but you can still show on the field what the established D1AA teams have to fear in a few years. Good luck Bison!!!

swaghook
09-26-2005, 01:58 AM
*Have you thought about joining an east coast conference such as the A-10.

I know you're just venting about the east coast bias but as to conferences I don't want to see the GWFC disbanded I would rather see us join the Mid-Con in other sports and the GWFC could wait for another team to join. The GWFC is proving to be a force in IAA football it would be a shame for it not to go on with it's remaining teams after all unlike other conferences we only have one true bottom feeder.

kchats
09-26-2005, 02:14 AM
Luchieschort I wouldn't get too wrapped up in the current polls. The only polls that really matter are the ones at the end of the season. I would also not worry about the playoff situation until we are eligible. I also believe that division I-AA will be far more reasonable and correct than division II was for the playoffs. I believe in division I-AA they take the top 16 teams with autobids included. If Cal-Poly wins the Great West Conference again they will make the playoffs this season.

sambini
09-26-2005, 03:10 AM
Its how you finish and its early in the season.

lucchesicourt
09-26-2005, 01:28 PM
The part about moving to another east coast conference was in jest. I really believe the GWFC is a very good conference and believe it will continue. I really am not concerned too much with the polls, I am only questioning the logic of the polls. If logic like this continues, I believe there will be more instances like what happened to Cal Poly last year, They definitely deserved a playoff birth, but I can only conclude that the pollsters did not consider our conference strong enough to warrant a bid to Cal Poly. That, I believe is total hogwash. Also, if Cal Poly does get a birth this year, and I think last years team had to be better than this year's. Cal Poly would have had to sacrifice their best opportunity to win a national championship (last year's team), IMO in exchange for a post season birth this year. Any opinions?

Gamehunter
09-26-2005, 10:45 PM
Maybe I am alone, but I don't think Cal Poly even needs to win the GWFC to get into the playoffs. It would sure help, but if they go 9-2 again (one conference loss and the loss to Troy), I think they will be in a good position to get the vote.

swaghook
09-27-2005, 01:41 AM
++