PDA

View Full Version : Assuming alot here...

Bisonfan1234
12-01-2003, 11:03 PM
...lets assume that the GWC is formed and afterward UND moves up to D1AA. Do we let UND in the GWC if they want in?

Bison49
12-01-2003, 11:08 PM
Every conference needs their Augustana.

somebison
12-01-2003, 11:10 PM
...lets assume that the GWC is formed and afterward UND moves up to D1AA. Do we let UND in the GWC if they want in?

if they did want to move up, i think we should have chapman write letters to every paper in the state explaining why UND shouldn't go D1, we should argue that ND is a small state and can't support 2 D1 schools. Issues of Duplication would abound, besides THEY HAVE HOCKEY.

IowaBison
12-01-2003, 11:14 PM
You damn right we do. And then we beat the living h-e-double hockey sticks out of them until they put together the team to compete at DIAA.

It be an opportunity to put their football team under like we did their wrestling.

IowaBison
12-01-2003, 11:22 PM
I changed my mind.

I think that UND, Mayville State, and Josef's School of Beauty should put their own conference together.

BisonMav
12-01-2003, 11:41 PM
I still believe the trust fund has to dry up or an okay has to come from the manager of the trust fund prior to having a I-AA UND. From what I hear that person is a big hockey fan. If UND does join the I-AA ranks, we should play them. I have a feeling they would avoid playing until they think they can beat NDSU. May be a long, long time.

IowaBison
12-01-2003, 11:47 PM
I don't think they ever will then.

We are sure to fund our team like a mid-major and with the continuing divergence between d2 and D1 I don't think that UND will ever be sure of beating the Bison in any sport, well swimming or tennis, after a couple of years.

JBB
12-02-2003, 01:32 AM
SomeBison has it right. But, if they ever do move up and we start the Great West and join the Mid Con they would be looking at the BSC. Maybe thats what they want? It would be their only alternative because the Mid con would be full.

IowaBison
12-02-2003, 05:23 AM
Why would they be looking at the Big Sky? I've heard its a long plane ride to Missoula.

JBB
12-02-2003, 12:52 PM
Theres no place else to go. Our conference opportunities are few and none. Theres the Gateway with seemingly no option for other sports, theres the Mid Con with no option for football, theres the BSC which seems aloof or at least playing its hand very close to its vest and of course we can start our own football conference still needing a major affiliation for other sports. After NDSU, SDSU and UNC soak up 3 of those opportunities there will be precious few opportunities left. Its going to be a big factor in other schools from the NCC moving up. I dont think it will happen unless at that time the BSC is looking for 1 or 2 members. They sure arent too excited about it now.

IowaBison
12-02-2003, 05:03 PM
That's a good point.

It will be especially difficult with the few number of similar caliber teams in the western part of the country.

SiouxperMan
12-02-2003, 07:44 PM
It be an opportunity to put their football team under like we did their wrestling.

Didn't Title IX do that?

wfduck
12-02-2003, 08:00 PM
Didn't Title IX do that?

they could add female figure skating....

they've got mens

Herdsman
12-02-2003, 10:23 PM
Title IX! I don't think so.

UND has more money than Scrooge (Holiday reference), they could easily have found a way to save their beloved wrestling team.

IowaBison
12-02-2003, 10:29 PM
The UND wrestling squad was an embarrassment especially next to the one from Fargo.

They kept men's swimming over a real sport like wrestling, give me a break. If the would have been even slightly competitive they would have gotten ride the men with the shaved legs.

You can blame it on title IX. I'm pretty sure they axed them over swimming becaused they truly sucked.

Bisonfan1234
12-03-2003, 08:37 PM
Swimming is in the olympics.

However, i think that UND wrestling made even less money than UND swimming.

IowaBison
12-03-2003, 08:50 PM
Yes, because no one wants to pay to see losers.

I still haven't figured out why anyone would pay to tuition to UND either?

Bisonfan1234
12-03-2003, 09:20 PM
Someone who wants to go to Med school or law school and wants to stay in ND.

I don't see why NDSU can't have a med school or law school.

IowaBison
12-03-2003, 10:06 PM
That is pretty silly. Our state can barely keep the law school and med school going. If they weren't points of pride and necessary at least in a political sense they would be closed.

JBB
12-04-2003, 12:47 AM
The med school is very expensive. NDSU should have a school of veterinary medicine. There is a strong national need for this. I believe there are only 13 of them with the closest being at Ames Iowa, maybe U of M has one too. Im just not sure.

IowaBison
12-04-2003, 01:10 AM
There are too many vet med schools and NDSU's would be mediocre at best. We just lost our best Doc to Iowa State.

The closest are vet meds at Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa State, Illinois, Colorado State. If you could get one started it would be great because there is big money in animal disease research.

somebison
12-04-2003, 01:11 AM
there are 27 vet schools in the US
http://aavmc.org/schools/schools.htm

setting up a vet school would be VERY expensive, i think we should continue to improve what we have

somebison
12-04-2003, 01:13 AM
We just lost our best Doc to Iowa State.

who are you speaking of??

IowaBison
12-04-2003, 01:20 AM
Lisa Nolan.

somebison
12-04-2003, 01:22 AM
Lisa Nolan.

that's what i thought.. i am a grad student in her lab and will be eating corn in Ames come Jan

IowaBison
12-04-2003, 01:25 AM
how many people one this site are Ames?

Do we live in a popular town or what?

JBB
12-04-2003, 03:36 PM
My father graduated from Ames and of course was a Dr. of Veterinary Medicine. He did his undergrad work at NDSU.

IowaBison
12-04-2003, 05:12 PM
small world.

WYOBISONMAN
12-05-2003, 06:22 PM
My brother in law is the head of the athletic ticket office at Iowa State....does that count for anything?? *(I have been to Ames once...) *;D

IowaBison
12-05-2003, 06:59 PM
absolutely it matters...

if he gives me better seats next year.

IowaBison
02-03-2006, 01:58 PM
Lisa Nolan is a candidate for the Dean of Math and Science at NDSU.

http://www.ndsu.edu/news/index.php?ID=290&func=publish_article

insane_ponderer
02-03-2006, 02:26 PM
I wonder if she would come back?

I would highly doubt it, i mean shes the chair of vet micro down there. I would think she would keep that gig.

On a side note, isnt the vet and micro sciences dept at ndsu doing some collaboration work with the vet school at kansas or k-state (heard about this awhile ago and havent really gotten all the facts)

IowaBison
02-03-2006, 05:14 PM
I wonder if she would come back?

I would highly doubt it, i mean shes the chair of vet micro down there. *I would think she would keep that gig.

On a side note, isnt the vet and micro sciences dept at ndsu doing some collaboration work with the vet school at kansas or k-state (heard about this awhile ago and havent really gotten all the facts)

Then why did she apply for the position?

NDSU_grad
02-03-2006, 07:08 PM
Did you ever play that game when you were a little kid where somebody would tell a story and they kept passing the same story down the line. The last person who was told the story would tell the originator, and it would be completely different. That's what this thread reminds me of. It was nice to 1234's name again though. ;)

TransAmBison
02-03-2006, 09:59 PM
Did you ever play that game when you were a little kid where somebody would tell a story and they kept passing the same story down the line. *The last person who was told the story would tell the originator, and it would be completely different. *That's what this thread reminds me of. *It was nice to 1234's name again though. ;)
Nice call...I looked back at the original post...kind of hard to imagine how it ended up like it did.

sambini
02-04-2006, 01:32 AM
THE SIOUX WILL COME BEGGING TO BE IN THE GWFC.