Sept. 30 *#Southern Utah 6 p.m. Cal Poly 13-6
Oct. 7 *UC Davis 6 p.m. UC Davis 16-13-2
Oct. 14 Bye
Oct. 21 *##South Dakota State 4 p.m. Cal Poly 2-0
Oct. 28 at San Diego State 6 p.m. San Diego State 13-9
Nov. 4 at Montana 12:05 p.m. MST Montana 10-1
Nov. 11 *at North Dakota State 1 p.m. CST Cal Poly 3-2
Nov. 18 Savannah State 1 p.m. First Meeting

Only five home games. They lucked out by getting three Great West home games. The other two are cupcakes.

BISON_IN_MN
03-08-2006, 06:21 PM
They are looking at 1 DII school (Fort Lewis) and 2 DI schools (San Diego State, San Jose State)?

Could look an awful lot like the Bison Schedule for this year...

MplsBison
03-08-2006, 07:05 PM
And don't forget Savannah State.

They're a HBCU that is very poor (even more so than the SWAC and MEAC schools) and has horrible athletic teams.

Fort Lewis would beat them.

SloStang
03-09-2006, 03:54 AM
The first game and last game of Cal Poly's schedule is weak, but the games in between are going to be tough. Unfortunately the fist and last games are home games.

sambini
03-09-2006, 04:07 AM
Good luck next year Stang. How do you think you guys will be?

Gamehunter
03-09-2006, 04:08 AM
Man, that Savannah game is going to be a slaughter. I am kinda surprised they can afford to travel out to Cal Poly.

sambini
03-09-2006, 04:21 AM
Greyhound had super rates.

SloStang
03-09-2006, 04:31 AM
Good luck next year Stang. How do you think you guys will be?

I honestly believe we will be a better team next year if our young DE's have a good year. *They do not have to have a Chris Gocong type of year because the rest of the defense will be improved and returning 7 to 8 starters that includes two All-American DB's and an All-American LB. *Although they do not have to put up Gocong type numbers, they need to step up because Poly's defense works by pressuring the QB.

The offense loses 5 starters, but returns some very good skilled players like James Noble and Ramses Barden and some real good young offensive linemen. *If our QB Matt Brenan can improve on his deep throws we should be in good shape and I look for us to improve on offense.

I really think that the GWFC will be a dog fight that will go down to the wire. *I think any team can win it with SUU be a big dark horse.

I have come to respect the Bison football program and the fans on this board. *I plan on making the trip this year and look forward to meeting some great Bison fans and talking football over a beer or two or three or.... before the game.

How do you see NDSU next year?

BisonBacker
03-09-2006, 04:35 AM
The big question I think is how will Walkers Knee be. If its back to 100% I feel our chances are good. If not then I think things could be interesting.

CaBisonFan
03-09-2006, 07:11 AM
I honestly believe we will be a better team next year if our young DE's have a good year. *They do not have to have a Chris Gocong type of year because the rest of the defense will be improved and returning 7 to 8 starters that includes two All-American DB's and an All-American LB. *Although they do not have to put up Gocong type numbers, they need to step up because Poly's defense works by pressuring the QB.

The offense loses 5 starters, but returns some very good skilled players like James Noble and Ramses Barden and some real good young offensive linemen. *If our QB Matt Brenan can improve on his deep throws we should be in good shape and I look for us to improve on offense.

I really think that the GWFC will be a dog fight that will go down to the wire. *I think any team can win it with SUU be a big dark horse.

I have come to respect the Bison football program and the fans on this board. *I plan on making the trip this year and look forward to meeting some great Bison fans and talking football over a beer or two or three or.... before the game.

Walker has to come back strong and the defensive line has a couple of question marks, but good prospects are ready. This should be a more mature team over-all, and quicker at the corners, which is where you really rocked us last year. We get White back....who was our deep threat and got hurt early last year. We mainly had a possession receiver and had to settle back into a one-dimensional style of offense. We have a couple of great running backs, but they were keyed on all fall. Hopefully, that won't be the case this year. Bison fans typically respect quality programs like Cal Poly SLO's. We're a proud bunch because of the tradition, but we love seeing a team like Cal Poly in Fargo.

We're still transitioning into DI-AA and the new recruits from the past couple of years will begin to dominate the roster now, and eventually mature. We'll see how good they are. We have a young quarterback prospect (or two) that looks like the real deal. He was Mr. Football in Minnesota and was the MVP in the state's all-star game. Not sure why or how Minnesota didn't go after him hard. He's 6' 0", which is probably the reason. SU could be really strong in about 2 or 3 years when we're eligible for the playoffs. Cross our fingers.

As for myself, I wanted NDSU to make the move up to DI-AA so that we could see a higher caliber of play. D2 was really bogging us down with the loss of scholarships. Things are coming back here. Most of us love watching a game with a team the caliber of Cal Poly. That's what it's mainly about for me.

Should be a great game in Fargo. Bison fans know their football, and the atmosphere is great. I'm not a big fan of domes...but the Fargo Dome is classy. Come on up. Plane tickets can be expensive into Fargo, so I'd recommend getting on with reservations soon. United and Northwest fly into Fargo....that's all.

Good luck. I appreciate your classy attitude and being able to communicate with someone from your area. This is what the site should be for. Respectful communications. Thanks.

I actually live in Southern California (Hemet), but I fly around to some of the games. Hemet is just east of Riverside and Anaheim. I'm thinking about driving up to SLO in a year. Beautiful place.

Could you believe how USC played in the last 5 or 6 minutes of the Rose Bowl game? The defense took a major nap. Nobody stayed at home. It was like, "here Vince....you can have it." Oh well.

roadwarrior
03-09-2006, 12:47 PM
Plane tickets can be expensive into Fargo, so I'd recommend getting on with reservations soon. *United and Northwest fly into Fargo....that's all.

You must have missed the announcement that Delta will also be flying into Fargo very soon, and also that Allegiant already flys into Fargo also.

MplsBison
03-09-2006, 01:15 PM
Man, that Savannah game is going to be a slaughter. *I am kinda surprised they can afford to travel out to Cal Poly.

Poly is probably paying them.

MplsBison
03-09-2006, 01:17 PM
Not sure why or how Minnesota didn't go after him hard. *

Because he wasn't a second or third rate player from Ohio.

sambini
03-10-2006, 02:45 AM
Didn't the GOPHERS want Mertens to walkon?

SloStang
03-18-2006, 05:05 AM
Man, that Savannah game is going to be a slaughter. *I am kinda surprised they can afford to travel out to Cal Poly.
Savannah State's coach quits. I hope they do not use that as an excuse to drop football. It took Poly forever to get their 11th game scheduled. Even though I was not excited about the game with SSU, it beats another DII game or only having four home games. If SSU drops football that would leave Poly scrambling to get a 5th home game.

MplsBison
03-18-2006, 05:18 AM
Not just Poly, 10 other schools too.

That might help NDSU.

It's tough for SSU, though.

Maybe it would be better if they focused on bball.

rabidrabbit
03-18-2006, 01:14 PM
Not just Poly, 10 other schools too.

That might help NDSU.

It's tough for SSU, though.

Maybe it would be better if they focused on bball.

:D :D :D SSU is as pathetic in Bball as football. Been around awhile and haven't succeeded in even gettiing the Big South to let them in. And the Big South, like GWFC only has 5 members. ::) ::) ::)

MplsBison
03-18-2006, 02:28 PM
It says on their website that a national search for a new HC will start.

I wonder what the money is for that job?

sambini
03-19-2006, 05:25 AM
Not enough

Rodentia
03-19-2006, 04:49 PM
What Savannah State needs to do is to drop out of D-I - it's just not working for them in any sport. Rather than drop football, they should drop down their whole program.

MplsBison
03-19-2006, 11:45 PM
Would that help them?

They need to be playing other HBUs.

Getting into the SWAC would be key for them.