PDA

View Full Version : UND v. UNI

IowaBison
04-27-2006, 02:33 PM
There have been some news reports around Ceder Rapids that the University of North Dakota will be filling the Panthers Sept. 9 slot......

IowaBisonToo
04-27-2006, 02:41 PM
Easy win. Why not? ;D

84grad
04-27-2006, 03:02 PM
If it comes to pass, it just might be a BIG WAKE-UP CALL for the boys up north.

Bison_Dan
04-27-2006, 03:19 PM
There have been some news reports around Ceder Rapids that the University of North Dakota will be filling the Panthers Sept. 9 slot......

und already has a game with Mesa State on the 9th.

tcbison
04-27-2006, 04:08 PM

Are there any links to these news reports? I just see some talk about it on the UNI board.

TheBisonator
04-27-2006, 04:43 PM
UND might be in for a big surprise if they end up playing UNI. I don't think they realize that there is a lot bigger difference between DII football and DI-AA football than they think.

roadwarrior
04-27-2006, 05:01 PM
Another thread heading for smack demise......... :(

MplsBison
04-27-2006, 06:45 PM
und already has a game with Mesa State on the 9th.

Montana had a game with Central Washington for the date that Iowa wanted.

So Iowa gave them $600k AND paid off Central Wash.

Maybe it won't be that drastic but UND could probably afford to buy out Mesa for a decent guarantee from UNI ($100k?).

MplsBison
04-27-2006, 06:46 PM
UND might be in for a big surprise if they end up playing UNI. I don't think they realize that there is a lot bigger difference between DII football and DI-AA football than they think.

Could be.

Or maybe they will be the big suprise, not unlike a DII NDSU was a big suprise for Montana back in 03?

Perhaps a win at UNI would seal the DI fate of UND. I know some of you wouldn't like it, but I would.

silkamilkamonico
04-27-2006, 06:53 PM
No smack intended, but I thought the reason why UND wasn't going to play us anymore is because we weren't on "equal ground".

UNI is certainly not on equal ground.

SO if that wasn't the reason, why did they not want to play us anymore?

Just looking for an honest answer, not a smart azz one.

rabidrabbit
04-27-2006, 07:11 PM
:) If happens, it would be good for both programs.

UNI - They want to return to the NC. Playing nothing BUT top 40 PCG or D-1 teams (except for Indiana St conf. game) leaves them beat up, and tough road through playoffs. A good D-11 school out of their former conference, good for them as a "powderpuff" game.

UND - Sometimes come across as though they think that there's little difference between D-1AA & D-II. They want to know what it takes to play a level up. UNI, in the UNI-dome, would be a good experience for them. Show UND where they are at. And since SDSU plays UNI a couple of weeks later, a measure of where SDSU and NDSU have transitioned to in the 3rd of the 5 year transition period relative to being a D-2 playing a bodybag game vs. a powerful D-1AA squad.

Don't know if happening, just going off the same info that you have here. But overall, this would be a good for both squads game. 8-)

SUSDog
04-27-2006, 08:25 PM
No way would UNI play UND2. Why would they? I think UND has a game scheduled against St. Mary's Sisters of the Blind School that night anyway. UND-bags

Bisonguy
04-27-2006, 08:34 PM
und already has a game with Mesa State on the 9th. *

Montana had a game with Central Washington for the date that Iowa wanted.

So Iowa gave them $600k AND paid off Central Wash.

Maybe it won't be that drastic but UND could probably afford to buy out Mesa for a decent guarantee from UNI ($100k?).

The guarantee from UNI would probably be in the $40-60k range, especially for a DII, although UND's buyout clause with Mesa might be pretty low, maybe as low as $5k.

BraxtonT
04-27-2006, 08:41 PM
No smack intended, but I thought the reason why UND wasn't going to play us anymore is because we weren't on "equal ground".

Maybe the new AD Buning actually has a different philosophy than old RT. We have to remember who was in charge at the time of those comments. I can't blame Dale Lennon for taking the company line at the time if he made similar remarks. To me, it boils down to the leadership at UND. Now that RT is gone, only one more obstacle (Kupchella) seems to be in the way of UND making the move.

MplsBison
04-27-2006, 08:46 PM
The guarantee from UNI would probably be in the $40-60k range, especially for a DII, although UND's buyout clause with Mesa might be pretty low, maybe as low as $5k.

That seems a tad low.

Weren't we going to pay Duluth $80k to play us in 2004 and they backed out?

silkamilkamonico
04-27-2006, 08:49 PM

Maybe the new AD Buning actually has a different philosophy than old RT. *We have to remember who was in charge at the time of those comments. *I can't blame Dale Lennon for taking the company line at the time if he made similar remarks. *To me, it boils down to the leadership at UND. *Now that RT is gone, only one more obstacle (Kupchella) seems to be in the way of UND making the move.

Ahh, right on man.

I keep forgetting they do have the new AD and Thomas isn't there anymore. That would probably answer my question straight up.

MplsBison
04-27-2006, 08:55 PM
Maybe the new AD Buning actually has a different philosophy than old RT. We have to remember who was in charge at the time of those comments. I can't blame Dale Lennon for taking the company line at the time if he made similar remarks. To me, it boils down to the leadership at UND. Now that RT is gone, only one more obstacle (Kupchella) seems to be in the way of UND making the move.

And Kupp is not dumb enough to get in the way of a UND DI bandwagon with a full head of steam.

Even if it keeps him up at nights, he's going to take the school DI hell or high water if he wants to keep his job.

MN_BISONS
04-27-2006, 09:16 PM
From the DI-AA message board:
Its been confirmed by Coach Farley during an interview for Des Moines radio. We were supposed to be playing South Dakota, but they backed out.

mikelsch
04-27-2006, 09:35 PM
Let's go Panthers, Let's go Panthers; as chanted by Rich Glas

RedRiver
04-27-2006, 10:11 PM
Why is there a topic on who und plays in the Bison football section? I for one, don't really care!

roadwarrior
04-27-2006, 10:17 PM
Why is there a topic on who und plays in the Bison football section? *I for one, don't really care!

Another und thread started by a Bison fan :(

MplsBison
04-27-2006, 10:42 PM
This should go in the I-AA forum.

NDSUstudent
04-27-2006, 10:45 PM

+++++++++

If UND is playing UNI it is ok for Bison fans to talk about just not in the football section, the only time UND should be talked about in this section is if they are playing us.

Bisonguy
04-27-2006, 11:08 PM

That seems a tad low.

Weren't we going to pay Duluth $80k to play us in 2004 and they backed out?

Doubtful. The DII Boll Weevils of UAM were paid $53k to play at the Fargodome, and that was when NDSU was between a rock and a hard place to finish the schedule. It was stated in The Forum that the amount was much more than what NDSU normally paid for guarantees (vs. DII opponents). NDSU didn't even receive $80k to play at I-AA financial powerhouse, Montana.

DIBISON
04-27-2006, 11:34 PM
Why is there a topic on who und plays in the Bison football section? *I for one, don't really care!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

bincitysioux
04-28-2006, 03:32 AM

+++++++++

If UND is playing UNI it is ok for Bison fans to talk about just not in the football section, the only time UND should be talked about in this section is if they are playing us.

Perhaps this site needs a section devoted to UND............ ;)

02Bison
04-28-2006, 04:28 AM

This should go on Siouxsports.com, not BISONville.com.

02Bison
04-28-2006, 04:32 AM

Unfortunately that seems to be the theme here on Bisonville... >:( :-[

SloStang
04-28-2006, 05:15 AM

+++++++++

Your old site had a Bison Football section and I-AA football section. This site only has a football section. Maybe this would be better discussed at AGS where a thread was started by a Bison fan.

NDSUstudent
04-28-2006, 05:25 AM
Your old site had a Bison Football section and I-AA football section. *This site only has a football section. *Maybe this would be better discussed at AGS where a thread was started by a Bison fan.

SloStang, at the bottem of the board there is a DI section, Bison Commons section, and a smack section,all of those sections would have been a perfect fit. I don't care if Bison fans talk about it here or even start a thread about it since this is one of those few scenarios where UND talk is ok but not in the football section.

BisonMav
04-28-2006, 11:20 AM

Do you have the link for UNI's football messageboard?

ndsubison
04-28-2006, 12:06 PM
I think it's pathetic that there is so much space devoted to an alleged UNI vs und game on our site. Has this game even been confirmed? There is very little even mentioned over on soosports.com while an entire thread is over here. :-? Of course, NDSU fans are probably looking fwd to such a possible matchup than even the und fans but until there is OFFICIAL WORD to substantiate this it will remain a rumor. Wake me when it's over ::)

GO BISON!!
Beat Minnesota

RedRiver
04-28-2006, 01:09 PM
I think it's pathetic that there is so much space devoted to an alleged UNI vs und game on our site. *Has this game even been confirmed? *There is very little even mentioned over on soosports.com while an entire thread is over here. * :-? *Of course, NDSU fans are probably looking fwd to such a possible matchup than even the und fans but until there is OFFICIAL WORD to substantiate this it will remain a rumor. *Wake me when it's over ::)

GO BISON!!
Beat Minnesota

I agree +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

IowaBisonToo
04-28-2006, 01:42 PM
Close the thread!!! >:( >:( >:(

rabidrabbit
04-28-2006, 02:20 PM

www.panthernation.com

IowaBison
04-28-2006, 03:30 PM
Your old site had a Bison Football section and I-AA football section. This site only has a football section. Maybe this would be better discussed at AGS where a thread was started by a Bison fan.

SloStang, at the bottem of the board there is a DI section, Bison Commons section, and a smack section,all of those sections would have been a perfect fit. I don't care if Bison fans talk about it here or even start a thread about it since this is one of those few scenarios where UND talk is ok but not in the football section.

Thanks for the slights guys. This post would have been placed in the I-AA section, but its gone. There was in my opinion no perfect fit so I subjectively choose to put it in the football section (of NDSU), heaven forbid.

I seriously wonder if some of you guys are okay. If you want to discuss the issue fine. If you want it moved pm a moderator. There is no need for attacks.

Bisonguy
04-28-2006, 04:50 PM
Your old site had a Bison Football section and I-AA football section. *This site only has a football section. *Maybe this would be better discussed at AGS where a thread was started by a Bison fan.

Thanks for the slights guys. *This post would have been placed in the I-AA section, but its gone. *There was in my opinion no perfect fit so I subjectively choose to put it in the football section (of NDSU), heaven forbid.

I seriously wonder if some of you guys are okay. *If you want to discuss the issue fine. *If you want it moved pm a moderator. *There is no need for attacks.

The I-AA forum morphed into the DI forum, seeing as how 90% of everything discussed in there was about other DI schools or conferences, not just I-AA football.

This topic would have fit perfectly in there, IMO.

IowaBison
04-28-2006, 05:09 PM
it all depends on your definition of "perfectly".

I'd say that the game has as much to do with "Football" (albeit that under the NDSU heading) as it does with "Division I".

Personally, I'd like to see this thread get back to the issue that precipitated its creation and not have a subjective (and completely trivial) discussion on where it should have been started.

NDSUstudent
04-28-2006, 05:37 PM
To get this back on topic...

This should be a very interesting game that will feature a top 5 IAA team and a top 5 DII team and I guess it will be the ultimate test of the Kupchella theory that states there is no big difference between IAA and DII. I think this was a good move by UND since it will show them where they need to be if they go DI and a game against a top 5 IAA team will spark a lot of interest like the Montana game did for NDSU. UNI is very tough to beat at the UNI Dome and will be 10 times better then any team UND will play this year. UNI probably has one of the top offenses in all of IAA and it should be interesting on seeing how UND's defense matches up. *Judging on how UND played against fully funded DII teams last year I don't think UND is ready for this type of challange and will end up falling by a score of 34-10 but if UNI takes UND lightly anything could happen.

02Bison
04-28-2006, 06:02 PM

Whether you are serious or being facetious I'm not sure, but here you go:
http://www.panthernation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7

ndsubison
04-28-2006, 06:27 PM
Is this game on or is it rumor from "reliable sources"? I want proof. I want an AD or sports media announcement before I believe this. Is this a rumor or has it been confirmed? Sidenote: if it IS true then I have to wonder why UNI wouldn't schedule a home & home (in Fgo first) with NDSU but then take a DII (South Dakota). South Dakota backs out and is supposedly replaced with und. It's either fishy or UNI didn't want to play the first game in Fargo for fear of getting exposed.

NDSUstudent
04-28-2006, 06:32 PM
Is this game on or is it rumor from "reliable sources"? *I want proof. *I want an AD or sports media announcement before I believe this. *Is this a rumor or has it been confirmed? *Sidenote: *if it IS true then I have to wonder why UNI wouldn't schedule a home & home (in Fgo first) with NDSU but then take a DII (South Dakota). *South Dakota backs out and is supposedly replaced with und. *It's either fishy or UNI didn't want to play the first game in Fargo for fear of getting exposed. *

UNI's coach confirmed this on a radio show in Iowa, so I think this game is going to happen. UNI didn't come to Fargo because they want six home games just like we want six home games. Plus, they already have a tough schedule and maybe they felt they needed a DII to make the schedule easier.

ndsubison
04-28-2006, 06:40 PM
I agree with your points re: scheduling NDSU, 6 home games and all that. *I'll take your word that UNI is actually playing und but I'll feel much better when it's reported on the local news. *I imagine sioux folks are pretty excited to be playing UNI. *Much more excited than they would have been oh, say, 3 yrs ago. *This is clearly an indication that und intends to go DI. NOW it's OK to play I-AA's. The world must've changed a whole lot since 2003. Let's not forget that none of this would have been even conceiveable were it not for the success of NDSU Bison Football. I hope that UNI gives them a whipping they won't soon forget on statewide television and then I hope SDSU goes to Cedar Falls and beats UNI the following week. *Then I cannot wait until the Bison smoke the Jacks again in Fargo this year. *Ah, that is my early Christmas list..... 8-)

GO BISON!!
Get 'Em Panthers!!
Let's Go Jacks!!
GO BISON!!

repeat as necessary ;)

cadillac
04-28-2006, 07:10 PM
as sambini would say++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

rabidrabbit
04-28-2006, 08:15 PM
Playing the schedule w/o UND, UNI has a schedule that they needed an easy game (read D2). and a home game.

Therefore, the original interest in USD.

NDSU in no shape or form can be considered an "easy game" this year. Nor would you want to not get at least a home/home arrangement of it.

Therefore, it's better, this year, for UNI to select UND to play than to add NDSU.

Scooter
04-29-2006, 12:10 AM
Playing the schedule w/o UND, UNI has a schedule that they needed an easy game (read D2). and a home game.

Therefore, the original interest in USD.

NDSU in no shape or form can be considered an "easy game" this year. *Nor would you want to not get at least a home/home arrangement of it.

Therefore, it's better, this year, for UNI to select UND to play than to add NDSU.

I agree with you, Mr. Rabbit. Both NDSU and UNI needed a home game, but, UNI needed a sure win. As we all have seen, THE TOP OF 1AA IS FAR SUPERIOR TO DII. The only team that matters in this two school thread is UNI. THEY are our peers. Who cares about a DII school. I know I don't.

dakotadan
04-29-2006, 02:04 AM
I personally am very excited at the possability of this game happening. If the game happens, I will definately be there. This will be the toughest game that UND will have had in a looong time.

DIBISON
04-29-2006, 05:47 AM
I personally am very excited at the possability of this game happening. If the game happens, I will definately be there. This will be the toughest game that UND will have had in a looong time. *

Who cares who und will be playing, is it Augie, Duluth, Mesa, it doesn't matter!!!!!!

NanoBison
04-29-2006, 07:29 AM
Exactly, who cares.

ndsubison
04-29-2006, 01:46 PM
I personally am very excited at the possability of this game happening. If the game happens, I will definately be there. This will be the toughest game that UND will have had in a looong time. *

I feel sorry for Mesa. It reminds me of asking the girl you've always had a crush on to the prom and she says no. You then settle for the less popular, not quite as pretty girl who's been chasing after you all year. Then, the pretty girl breaks up with her boyfriend and asks you if you'd still take her to prom. You tell the less popular girl that you've decided not to go with her afterall and then go running back to the pretty one. The moral of this story: there will always be the pretty ones. There will always be the not-so-pretty-but loyal ones. And there will always be the indecisive, self-centered, do what's best for me ones. I am also looking forward to this game if it happens. Will und have their new uniforms by then?

GO BISON!!

broke_back_mnt
04-29-2006, 03:03 PM
I care who UNI plays. They are a DI-AA powerhouse. I doubt a DII team that lost 3 of the last 4 against some of DIIs best, has had average recruiting against NDSU, suffered huge losses on the defensive side of the ball with no proven replacements, has real QB problems and an apparent confusion from the coach on the vision for the team makes them anything but an overwhelming underdog. It would have been a better game last year. Unless your a real homer you have to pick UNI by 3 TDs. If this game were on the board in Vegas it would be closed to betting.

bincitysioux
04-29-2006, 07:13 PM
Exactly, who cares.

Some must care. There is a 4 page thread devoted to it on a Bison board.

NanoBison
04-29-2006, 07:18 PM
Exactly, who cares.

Some must care. There is a 4 page thread devoted to it on a Bison board.

They said they cared about who UNI plays, dinkledork, UND just happened to be playing them.
By the way, has your school thought of a new nickname yet ?

Scooter
04-29-2006, 07:33 PM
Dinkledork must mean someone who doesn't realize that this is not his team's website. Please post there, thankyou. ;)

bincitysioux
04-29-2006, 07:44 PM
Exactly, who cares.

Some must care. *There is a 4 page thread devoted to it on a Bison board.

They said they cared about who UNI plays, dinkledork, UND just happened to be playing them.
By the way, has your school thought of a new nickname yet ?

Interesting stance. Where is the UNI vs. Southern Illinois thread? How about the UNI vs. SDSU thread? Certainly there was alot of discussion about that game, since you care about who UNI plays, and SDSU is NDSU's biggest rival ::) there must be alot of discussion about that game if there is about UNI playing a DII school. ;)

NanoBison
04-29-2006, 07:49 PM
No but seriously, have you guys thought of a new official teamname yet? 8-)

USA_Hockey
04-29-2006, 09:02 PM

THE FIGHTING WHITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm all for it, just to piss off those idiots who don't support the logo even more.

Flintstone
04-29-2006, 09:32 PM

THE FIGHTING WHITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm all for it, just to piss off those idiots who don't support the logo even more. *

As a white man, I find this hostile and abusive ;D

TransAmBison
04-29-2006, 09:53 PM
Maybe the whole controversy is over the "Fighting" part of Fighting Sioux. Maybe they could change the name to something more PC like "The Tree-hugging Sioux."

UND92
04-29-2006, 10:23 PM
Since the bison fans always have there nose in UND's business, and every other school out there, I think that the bison fans should think of a nickname for UND. Hect, you can't go half a day without worrying about what is going on in G.F. and UND. I wouldn't be surprised if some bison fans start a new thread talking about UND's name. Here is a serious question? Why do some of you worry and concern yourself with UND?

buffalobill
04-29-2006, 11:22 PM
How about the Fighting Bison :) :) :)

imabison
04-30-2006, 12:26 AM
Since the bison fans always have there nose in UND's business, and every other school out there, I think that the bison fans should think of a nickname for UND. Hect, you can't go half a day without worrying about what is going on in G.F. and UND. I wouldn't be surprised if some bison fans start a new thread talking about UND's name. Here is a serious question? Why do some of you worry and concern yourself with UND?

Well, perhaps if UND quit wasting taxpayer dollars and would support their programs to stop the wasteful spending on projects it can't support, (athletics program, parking ramp), people in Fargo might not look down on Grand Forks as much.

Bison FOLLOWERS would be a great nickname.

Scooter
04-30-2006, 01:01 AM
How did this thread get so far off track? Some of you really do have unresolved issues.

ndsubison
04-30-2006, 01:07 AM
Since the bison fans always have there nose in UND's business, and every other school out there, I think that the bison fans should think of a nickname for UND. *Hect, you can't go half a day without worrying about what is going on in G.F. and UND. *I wouldn't be surprised if some bison fans start a new thread talking about UND's name. *Here is a serious question? *Why do some of you worry and concern yourself with UND? *

I cannot believe that there is so much confusion over what und should name themselves. *It's so easy it hurts: *THE FLICKERTAILS. *It's the original name anyway. *Also, since you'll probably be having to replacing all of your uniforms, go back to the original school colors, PINK and GREEN. In fact, with the financial situation up north and all the money that will have to magically appear to make a DI move, you could actually save some initial start-up costs by digging some of the old uni's out of the bunkers at Memorial Stadium. There has to be some lying around somewhere. Probably next to the Thundar The Bleacher Creature costume. *You could keep your proud tradition and be trendsetters all at the same time. *It's a no-brainer 8-)

GO BISON!!
Beat Minnesota

NanoBison
04-30-2006, 01:10 AM
I agree!!! The flickertails it is. They would look like pretty assortment of flowers in their Green, White and Pink suits. But you know, it takes a REAL man to wear pink. [Pause]..... [Horrendous Laughter.....] ROTFLMAO....

USA_Hockey
04-30-2006, 01:27 AM
Thanks for the concern guys.

ndsubison
04-30-2006, 01:33 AM

No problem. *I'm sticking with the Flickertails. *It's easy. *It's recognizeable to alumni/boosters. *It's cost-effective and it's traditional. * A Flickertail is a gopher, so you could actually be an emulation of Minnesota even before going DI. The question remains, though, is a Flickertail a more ferocious species of gopher than, say, the nine-stripe gopher or the pocket gopher? I will do a google search to refute or verify this. If you don't like the idea of reinstating pink as your school color, one would be to copy the Notre Dame uniforms. *You could have dark green jerseys but silver pants instead of gold. *You could keep your green helmets since you already have Notre Dame's logo on them anyway. *Silver pants for home, white (or the black ones if you still have them) for away games. *

UND92
04-30-2006, 02:24 AM
Alright, great. Now that you have UND's problem solve can you solve the hike in gas prices and the war in Iraq. You do have alot of concern with everyones issues but your own. You guys don't have a conference, you have fired a VB coach, and your womens BB program has went south. And you still have time to figure out what UND and other schools should do. Keep spending your free time worrying about us. I thnk it's GREAT.

DIBISON
04-30-2006, 03:14 AM
Alright, great. *Now that you have UND's problem solve can you solve the hike in gas prices and the war in Iraq. *You do have alot of concern with everyones issues but your own. You guys don't have a conference, you have fired a VB coach, and your womens BB program has went south. *And you still have time to figure out what UND and other schools should do. *Keep spending your free time worrying about us. *I thnk it's GREAT.

But the Bison are DI ............ and enjoying all of the exposure.

I like the Flickertails too.

kchats
04-30-2006, 03:16 AM
One tough season caused by injuries and players leaving the program because they were homesick does not mean the the women's basketball team has went south. If you will recall the season before NDSU's women's basketball team only lost one game and that was to a TCU team that made the NCAA Tournament. Amy has had a great recruiting class and is a Hall of Fame coach so I don't share your concern about NDSU's women's basketball team.

As for the volleyball team, yes the coach was fired and NDSU is in the process of finding a coach that will be a great fit for the program. They are requiring division I experience since the program is eligible for postseason play and they want it turned around quickly. I fully expect the team to be much better next season and I expect a new coach to be named soon.

We appreciate all you UND fans following our division I programs and exhibiting concern. If you ask we can calm your fears and let you know that all is still on track with the State of North Dakota's only division I university. ;D

Swaghook
04-30-2006, 03:51 AM

*The question remains, though, is a Flickertail a more ferocious species of gopher than, say, the nine-stripe gopher or the pocket gopher? *

Actually the MN Gophers name is wrong. They depict a Ground squirrel as their mascot and call it a gopher. A "Flickertail" is a ground squirrel as well.

Here is a gopher.

http://www.wec.ufl.edu/faculty/BranchL/research/pocket%20gopher%20at%20600.gif

This is a 13 lined Ground squirrel(the one U of M calls a gopher)

http://www.konza.ksu.edu/gallery/thirteen-lined_ground_squirrel.JPG

Here is a Richardson's ground squirrel(aka: Flickertail)

http://www.phschool.com/science/science_news/articles/images/ground_squirrel_01.jpg

And if UND really wants to offend native americans with it's mascot they would become the "Charging Calvary"

ndsubison
04-30-2006, 08:17 PM
Alright, great. *Now that you have UND's problem solve can you solve the hike in gas prices and the war in Iraq. *You do have alot of concern with everyones issues but your own. You guys don't have a conference, you have fired a VB coach, and your womens BB program has went south. *And you still have time to figure out what UND and other schools should do. *Keep spending your free time worrying about us. *I thnk it's GREAT.

In light of this, your school still wants to go DI? Why is that? Honest question.

GO BISON!!
Beat Minnesota

broke_back_mnt
04-30-2006, 11:06 PM
Quote from UND92 on Yesterday at 9:24pm:

Coaches come and go ask Rich Glass. Not pretty the way that came down. *We have several conferences, just not a BB confrence. *Our Womens BB program is on the rise by any measure and we are watching UND lurch and stagger toward Division I. *Whats wrong with that?

PS: Im ordering poisons and traps to kill 13 line ground squirrels right now. You cant let them move in under your slabs or next to your foundation.

Bison_Dan
05-01-2006, 12:19 PM

und has so many problems that I don't have time to list them and they haven't even moved to DI yet!!

ndsubison
05-03-2006, 11:38 AM
Sounds like it's on. *
http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/sports/14486181.htm

I hope the Panthers pound them unmercifully and it's broadcast on statewide television. ;D

I can already hear sioux fans gloating how we're not good enough to get on UNI's schedule this year but they are.

UNI 33
und 6

UNI calls off the dogs in the late 3rd qtr. You heard it here first.

GO BISON!!

rabidrabbit
05-03-2006, 02:27 PM
:) UNI needed 1) powderpuff game 2) home game. :)

NDSU, this year is 1) no powderpuff. 2) unwilling to go to UNI?

UND, or another D2 team fit this bill.

From UND perspective, I SUSPECT that this is part of a D1 ramp up. And certainly is part of a "test" of the difference between D1AA and D-2 for them.

imabison
05-03-2006, 03:31 PM
:) UNI needed 1) powderpuff game *2) home game. *:)

NDSU, this year is 1) no powderpuff. *2) unwilling to go to UNI?

UND, or another D2 team fit this bill.

From UND perspective, I SUSPECT that this is part of a D1 ramp up. *And certainly is part of a "test" of the difference between D1AA and D-2 for them.

They are obviously doing it because they need the money!!!

UND92
05-03-2006, 04:11 PM

Alright, great. Now that you have UND's problem solve can you solve the hike in gas prices and the war in Iraq. You do have alot of concern with everyones issues but your own. You guys don't have a conference, you have fired a VB coach, and your womens BB program has went south. And you still have time to figure out what UND and other schools should do. Keep spending your free time worrying about us. I thnk it's GREAT.

Coaches come and go ask Rich Glass. Not pretty the way that came down. We have several conferences, just not a BB confrence. Our Womens BB program is on the rise by any measure and we are watching UND lurch and stagger toward Division I. Whats wrong with that?

PS: Im ordering poisons and traps to kill 13 line ground squirrels right now. You cant let them move in under your slabs or next to your foundation.

JBB, you lost me on the statement where you said the bison women's BB program is on the rise. Some DII school up north just cleaned up on the recruiting war between the two schools not to long ago. I will admit that the bison men's BB program is on the rise, but not the women's. There are bison fans out there who were upset about amy and the women's team this past season. Do you care to explain the word "rise".

Bison_Dan
05-03-2006, 04:25 PM

Coaches come and go ask Rich Glass. Not pretty the way that came down. *We have several conferences, just not a BB confrence. *Our Womens BB program is on the rise by any measure and we are watching UND lurch and stagger toward Division I. *Whats wrong with that?

PS: *Im ordering poisons and traps to kill 13 line ground squirrels right now. *You cant let them move in under your slabs or next to your foundation.

JBB, you lost me on the statement where you said the bison women's BB program is on the rise. *Some DII school up north just cleaned up on the recruiting war between the two schools not to long ago. *I will admit that the bison men's BB program is on the rise, but not the women's. *There are bison fans out there who were upset about amy and the women's team this past season. *Do you care to explain the word "rise".

What do you have to be so proud of in your team? In the last 4 years have they played for the championship? They do look good playing competition like Crookston. :P

USA_Hockey
05-03-2006, 07:16 PM
In case anyone hasn't seen it yet, it is official, http://unipanthers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/050306aaa.html

RedRiver
05-03-2006, 08:44 PM
UNI played Mn Duluth of the NCC last year. Mankato St. has scheduled them recently. They must have a thing for the NCC!!

Time to close this topic.

IowaBison
05-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Time to close this topic.

Why?

It's just getting back to being legitimate.

The game has a lot of interesting side stories that are of interest to the casual NDSU fan.

It should also make for a heck of a game: two dome teams, two good defenses,

lakesbison
05-03-2006, 09:15 PM
2 dome teams, with 1 team lying flat on its back on that day in that dome....

UND is gonna get a dose of reality and it's gonna be fun to watch.

Go Panthers!

KTF
05-04-2006, 12:18 AM
I can't help but hope that UND is only able to hang around with UNI for the first 1.5 quarters or so. With the ill-will I have recieved from UND fans, I would like nothing better then UNI to show them what a legimiate D-1AA team is all about.

USA_Hockey
05-04-2006, 01:15 AM
I can't help but hope that UND is only able to hang around with UNI for the first 1.5 quarters or so. *With the ill-will I have recieved from UND fans, I would like nothing better then UNI to show them what a legimiate D-1AA team is all about.

The feeling that I get is that most UND fans know they are going to get their asses kicked in this game, especially this year since UND will be weak on defense. UNI has one of the best I-AA football programs in the country, it would've been nicer to see UND play a mid major I-AA opponent. But, I'd rather lose to a good I-AA team than be the big fish in the small pond and kick the crap outta someone like Ferris State.

ndsubison
05-04-2006, 03:22 AM
I can't help but hope that UND is only able to hang around with UNI for the first 1.5 quarters or so. *With the ill-will I have recieved from UND fans, I would like nothing better then UNI to show them what a legimiate D-1AA team is all about.

The feeling that I get is that most UND fans know they are going to get their asses kicked in this game, especially this year since UND will be weak on defense. *UNI has one of the best I-AA football programs in the country, it would've been nicer to see UND play a mid major I-AA opponent. *But, I'd rather lose to a good I-AA team than be the big fish in the small pond and kick the crap outta someone like Ferris State. *

I thought that most und fans (and your lackey columnist Bakken) said that there is no difference between DII & DI-AA? Bakken has even been quoted in the Herald as saying that the sioux could contend for a I-AA fb title practically overnight. ::)On that note, this shouldn't be too tough of a game for you. Well, here's your big chance. :-? Time to back up all the smack that you guys have laid down these past 2 yrs. I hope your feet aren't getting cold all of the sudden. :-/ NDSU didn't worry about playing a "mid-major I'AA opponent" to get our feet wet. We marched right out to Missoula and beat the Griz in the most hostile and populated I-AA stadium in the land. 8-) Now it's time for the mighty whioux to show the world of I-AA that they are coming and will be a force to be reckoned with. ;D ;D ;D ;D

kchats
05-04-2006, 04:09 AM
Don't bet on it. UNI will roll to a very easy win against UND. Not even a contest. UNI has a very good offense as well and it will make short work of a division II defense.

ndsubison
05-04-2006, 04:30 AM
I don't think und will get completely blown out but I do think they will get educated. The question after that is how will und decide to play "catchup" with schollies once they declare DI? You know they will want to get to 63 ASAP to compete with NDSU and other programs. Where will the money come from? Will the hockey boosters approve of a misallocation of funds to provide for the scholly ramp-up for fb? Will they go to tuition waivers, opening the tide for a thug program? How will it be?????

USA_Hockey
05-04-2006, 04:35 AM
I don't think und will get completely blown out but I do think they will get educated. *The question after that is how will und decide to play "catchup" with schollies once they declare DI? *You know they will want to get to 63 ASAP to compete with NDSU and other programs. *Where will the money come from? *Will the hockey boosters approve of a misallocation of funds to provide for the scholly ramp-up for fb? *Will they go to tuition waivers, opening the tide for a thug program? *How will it be?????

Where did you get the money? It's obviously possible for UND to do it, it's not like you guys were in any better shape those last ten years of D2.

lakesbison
05-04-2006, 05:09 AM
Lets see.. NDSU beat Minnesota in Baseball.... Iowa in Baseball.. Wisconsin in Football...

hmmm

UND.. Lost to Mayville State, Jamestown and who else??

WE ARE IN A DIFFERENT LEAGUE> its not even CLOSE!!! WHO CARES ABOUT THEM!!

ndsubison
05-04-2006, 11:58 AM
I don't think und will get completely blown out but I do think they will get educated. *The question after that is how will und decide to play "catchup" with schollies once they declare DI? *You know they will want to get to 63 ASAP to compete with NDSU and other programs. *Where will the money come from? *Will the hockey boosters approve of a misallocation of funds to provide for the scholly ramp-up for fb? *Will they go to tuition waivers, opening the tide for a thug program? *How will it be?????

Where did you get the money? *It's obviously possible for UND to do it, it's not like you guys were in any better shape those last ten years of D2.

NDSU does not have a DI hockey program siphoning funds away from its other sports. *TeamMakers is obviously a superior organization to the fighting sioux club. *Better leadership, a more loyal fan base and an all around stronger commitment by all. *Let's not forget that those of us in the NDSU camp are a group with a vision and a drive to get there. We lead. You follow. That is well-documented. NDSU is obviously better at managing an athletic budget and is nowhere in the red as bad as und currently is. *Also, compared to 10 yrs ago, we are doing fine. *We are getting $300,000 plus guarantee games while und can no longer be content in pounding Crookston. *Your team is now reduced to traveling to Cedar Falls to get schellacked for a paltry $50,000. * *

$300,000 vs $50,000 :-?

GO BISON!!
Beat Minnesota

Scooter
05-04-2006, 05:42 PM
Don't bet on it. *UNI will roll to a very easy win against UND. *Not even a contest. *UNI has a very good offense as well and it will make short work of a division II defense.
UNI lost a lot of players last year, but they do have their QB and four returning starters on the OL. Last year's senior class for the sioux was very, very good. :-/ Speed is going to be the big factor in this one. UNI by 2 TD's.

imabison
05-05-2006, 12:55 AM
I don't think und will get completely blown out but I do think they will get educated. The question after that is how will und decide to play "catchup" with schollies once they declare DI? You know they will want to get to 63 ASAP to compete with NDSU and other programs. Where will the money come from? Will the hockey boosters approve of a misallocation of funds to provide for the scholly ramp-up for fb? Will they go to tuition waivers, opening the tide for a thug program? How will it be?????

Where did you get the money? It's obviously possible for UND to do it, it's not like you guys were in any better shape those last ten years of D2.

NDSU does not have a DI hockey program siphoning funds away from its other sports. TeamMakers is obviously a superior organization to the fighting sioux club. Better leadership, a more loyal fan base and an all around stronger commitment by all. Let's not forget that those of us in the NDSU camp are a group with a vision and a drive to get there. We lead. You follow. That is well-documented. NDSU is obviously better at managing an athletic budget and is nowhere in the red as bad as und currently is. Also, compared to 10 yrs ago, we are doing fine. We are getting $300,000 plus guarantee games while und can no longer be content in pounding Crookston. Your team is now reduced to traveling to Cedar Falls to get schellacked for a paltry $50,000.

$300,000 vs $50,000 :-?

GO BISON!!
Beat Minnesota

One small mistiake in the figures. $ 300,000 vs $ 50,000 this year, AND so far for next year it was and additional $ 250,000 but that was increased to $ 300,000. So technically it is $ 600,000 vs $ 50,000. This is not to say that place up north will not schedule another money game for next year but will it be $ 550,000 I don't think so. My numbers could be off a few thousand so don't beat me up, its the thought that counts.

kchats
05-05-2006, 04:28 AM
Don't bet on it. *UNI will roll to a very easy win against UND. *Not even a contest. *UNI has a very good offense as well and it will make short work of a division II defense.
UNI lost a lot of players last year, but they do have their QB and four returning starters on the OL. *Last year's senior class for the sioux was very, very good. * :-/ *Speed is going to be the big factor in this one. *UNI by 2 TD's.

You're being very generous didn't UND lose by more than 2 TD's in the playoffs last year to a division II team? It will be a thorough pounding. They will notice the difference between I-AA and II.

Scooter
05-05-2006, 04:39 AM
UNI lost a lot of players last year, but they do have their QB and four returning starters on the OL. *Last year's senior class for the sioux was very, very good. * :-/ *Speed is going to be the big factor in this one. *UNI by 2 TD's.

You're being very generous didn't UND lose by more than 2 TD's in the playoffs last year to a division II team? *It will be a thorough pounding. *They will notice the difference between I-AA and II.

Yeah, I am being generous. But, Dale Lennon is a good coach and consistantly fields a good D. UNI lost most of their skill positions on offense and it is early in the season.

kchats
05-05-2006, 04:42 AM
Not early enough and they aren't requiring UNI to play blindfolded and with both hands behind their back. Have you watched any of the Bison's games? The difference in talent level is very obvious. Won't ever be in doubt.

Scooter
05-05-2006, 05:09 AM
Not early enough and they aren't requiring UNI to play blindfolded and with both hands behind their back. *Have you watched any of the Bison's games? *The difference in talent level is very obvious. *Won't ever be in doubt.

Maybe Kuppchella can get the NCAA to require UNI to actually wear blindfolds......... ;)

USA_Hockey
05-05-2006, 05:57 AM
The biggest difference in any division in college football is the speed of the athletes. UND won't be used to the caliber of play and the speed of the athletes.

DenverBison05
05-05-2006, 07:23 AM
The biggest difference in any division in college football is the speed of the athletes. *UND won't be used to the caliber of play and the speed of the athletes. *

And depth, but you won't have to worry about that because it will only be the second game of the season.

roadwarrior
05-05-2006, 02:36 PM
I hate to remind people that a few years ago we dropped into Missoula thinking that if we lost by 21 or less we would have had made a good showing. We all know what happened that day. There is always the possibly that the same thing might happen at the Unidome next fall.

Bisonguy
05-05-2006, 02:50 PM
I hate to remind people that a few years ago we dropped into Missoula thinking that if we lost by 21 or less we would have had made a good showing. *We all know what happened that day. *There is always the possibly that the same thing might happen at the Unidome next fall.

Any Given Saturday.....

mikelsch
05-05-2006, 04:28 PM
For as much as I don't like UND, I have a lot of respect for Dale Lennon. He'll have his team ready to go and will keep it within 2 touchdowns.

A problem will arise for UND after the game. Lennon will enjoy the challenge of playing better teams and will want that on a consistent basis. He won't stay at UND much longer unless they move up.

WYOBISONMAN
05-05-2006, 05:02 PM
I hate to remind people that a few years ago we dropped into Missoula thinking that if we lost by 21 or less we would have had made a good showing. *We all know what happened that day. *There is always the possibly that the same thing might happen at the Unidome next fall.

It is surely an opportunity for UND to demonstrate that they are situated to do well in a move to DI. *And....if a person has forgotten how cocky the fans in Missoula were (and humble afterwards) just go back and read this thread from EGRIZ.....it is sure to make you smile!

The Griz/NDSU predictions thread...... http://www.egriz.com/GrizBoard/viewtopic.php?t=1728

And another classic thread....... http://www.egriz.com/GrizBoard/viewtopic.php?t=1759

UNI has the potential to be UND's Montana. *The difference is that so far UND has not committed to DI as had NDSU.........Perhaps a win at UNI would really rachet up the DI pressure in Grand Forks.....

Bisonguy
05-05-2006, 05:10 PM

It is surely an oppotunity for UND to demonstrate that they are situated to do well in a move to DI. *And....if a person has forgotten how cocky the fans in Missoula were (and humble afterwards) just go back and read this thread from EGRIZ.....it is sure to make you smile!

The Griz/NDSU predictions thread...... http://www.egriz.com/GrizBoard/viewtopic.php?t=1728

And another classic thread....... http://www.egriz.com/GrizBoard/viewtopic.php?t=1759

UNI has the potential to be UND's Montana. *The difference is that so far UND has not committed to DI as had NDSU.........Perhaps a win at UNI would really rachet up the DI pressure in Grand Forks.....

HeeHee.... I had the Montana shanked field goal part correct!! ;D ;D

WYOBISONMAN
05-05-2006, 05:26 PM
Yes, it is fun to go back and read those old EGRIZ threads...... ;)

Tracker
05-05-2006, 05:29 PM
Just a thought. This is "not" a smack post. Bison fans criticize UND because they never went DI at the same time as NDSU. They say UND has no vision and doesn't think big and doesn't think about the future. And then Bison fans turn around and say UND and Grand Forks shouldn't go DI because they can't afford it and it will ruin them financially. It looks like it is a no win situation for UND in the eyes of Bison fans either way. Some Bisons want UND to go and some don't. No matter what UND does it looks like Bison fans are to put them down. If UND goes DI.. it is stupid. If UND doesn't go DI...it is stupid. Remember...this is not smack. What do you really think would be right for UND to do? Please don't turn this into smack.

broke_back_mnt
05-05-2006, 05:33 PM
I'd have to say flat out that it would be a real good laugh if UNI lost! *

It would be a good day for North Dakota and the NCC. Most people would think they were the BISON anyway! * :D

I agree with the comments about Coach Lennon. *He will have the team ready to go, but will he have the talent? *

The BISON team that took Montana down had some guys (#?) go pro. *It was a very talented squad led by Rob Hunt and Todd Popowski. *Tony Stauss had his greatest day. *

The team was fast, real fast. *Allen Burrell scored on an end around. *

We had big time hitters like *Snell, Summerville, Esller, Babbich and Sheppard. *There were other guys too. We had a coach that had been there before. *He Iced the Kicker for the win!!

A Great Day in BISON Lore (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11850&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=24 00&ATCLID=74358)

Im looking forward to the UNI game and hope its on TV.

WYOBISONMAN
05-05-2006, 05:39 PM
Im looking forward to the UNI game and hope its on TV.

Yep......another good reason to pop some beer and eat some brats in front of the TV........Damn....how long until the season starts??

broke_back_mnt
05-05-2006, 05:56 PM
I predicted a BISON win too, may have had the score right on the money as well, but who made the prediction that NDSU would win on a safety AND had the score right!!! That was the best prognostication I have ever seen!! ;D

Bison_Dan
05-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Just a thought. *This is "not" a smack post. *Bison fans criticize UND because they never went DI at the same time as NDSU. *They say UND has no vision and doesn't think big and doesn't think about the future. *And then Bison fans turn around and say UND and Grand Forks shouldn't go DI because they can't afford it and it will ruin them financially. *It looks like it is a no win situation for UND in the eyes of Bison fans either way. Some Bisons want UND to go and some don't. * No matter what UND does it looks like Bison fans are to put them down. *If UND goes DI.. it is stupid. *If UND doesn't go DI...it is stupid. *Remember...this is not smack. *What do you really think would be right for UND to do? *Please don't turn this into smack.

I think most NDSU fans could have cared less if und would have went DI with the Bison, it's all the hogwash talk from up there when we announced that we would go.

rabidrabbit
05-05-2006, 06:24 PM
Just a thought. *This is "not" a smack post. *Bison fans criticize UND because they never went DI at the same time as NDSU. *They say UND has no vision and doesn't think big and doesn't think about the future. *And then Bison fans turn around and say UND and Grand Forks shouldn't go DI because they can't afford it and it will ruin them financially. *It looks like it is a no win situation for UND in the eyes of Bison fans either way. Some Bisons want UND to go and some don't. * No matter what UND does it looks like Bison fans are to put them down. *If UND goes DI.. it is stupid. *If UND doesn't go DI...it is stupid. *Remember...this is not smack. *What do you really think would be right for UND to do? *Please don't turn this into smack.

;DStupid is, as Stupid does.....Forest Gump ;D The only people that matter are the UND decision-makers. And you're right, no matter what UND's decision is, it will be stupid..... to someone. Based on the "No D-1 without a conference" if they go D-1, I'd be surprised.

Bisonguy
05-05-2006, 06:54 PM

As I've stated all along, UND needs to do what's best for UND. If UND finds that DI is the best place for their athletic program and can make the move, they should be in DI. If jealousy or any of Kupchella's "even though it doesn't make any sense to do so" mentality is the foundation for moving to DI, that's an unstable place to start.

RedRiver
05-05-2006, 09:35 PM

I think most NDSU fans could have cared less if und would have went DI with the Bison, it's all the hogwash talk from up there when we announced that we would go.

I also could care less, why this this even on Bisonville?? Why is a DII team being discussed??

kchats
05-06-2006, 01:21 AM
It would have helped UND quite a bit during this time if the administration and fans hadn't ripped NDSU up and down every chance they got after NDSU announced the move. The thing that continues to chap NDSU fans is there is no mention of all their prior BS when it comes up that they are considering the move. I think all stories involving UND possibly moving to division I should start out with this statement :

"Even though UND had very harsh criticism for NDSU when they made the move to division I and predicted utter failure and coruption, the success of NDSU and SDSU in their transition to division I has caused UND to reconsider their position or risk falling further behind as NDSU and SDSU continue their success in division I".

That would make any story regarding UND's impending news conference where President Kupchella states, "Since division I isn't all NDSU thinks it's cracked up to be we will not be moving our entire athletic program to division I. I still feel like UND is the preeminent university in North Dakota even though NDSU is the top research university in the region and is having success in division I. I also think NDSU has destroyed the rivalry and the State of North Dakota should love UND because other than the two most important years in NDSU's transition we have been trying to schedule them and they keep snubbing us. I will continue to fight the NCAA in regards to our highly respectful nickname and mascot because I personally don't think the tribes opinion should matter. I will also continue to try and get our football program into division I-AA while leaving our other teams in division II because as I will explain to the NCAA there really isn't any difference between division II and division I-AA. I don't really see the fuss and the emotion of NDSU being more recognized and respected for playing football in division I-AA isn't right. I know NDSU has 8 division II national championships but that doesn't hold a candle to the one national championship that UND has won recently following massive scholarship reductions that finally allowed UND football to be competitive with NDSU. You know before they cut the scholarships NDSU hogged all the good players and wouldn't let us have any. I'm sorry I'm rambling but the emotion of it almost made me make a stupid decision and move to division I because NDSU is leaving us in the dust. You may think I will go away but my two main issues will keep me and UND in the spotlight for a long long time as I continue to fight the NCAA on Native American nicknames and the rule that a university has to have all sports in the same division except the ones that don't have a large number of participants. Remember even though we are division II we are the best and we have the nickle hidden under me desk."

;)

Bison7925
05-06-2006, 01:48 AM
As Sambini would say

+++++++++++++

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Scooter
05-06-2006, 02:10 AM
Very funny Kchats, the problem now is that one of the und moles on this site is at this moment giving Kupchella a copy of your post. With solid gold like this, he won't have to write a speech. 8-)

02Bison
05-06-2006, 03:16 AM

I also could care less, why this this even on Bisonville?? *Why is a DII team being discussed??

Because this site has become Siouxville instead of Bisonville and the main culprits are Bison Fans with a superiority complex they just can't stop talking about.

Gamehunter
05-06-2006, 03:23 AM
Just a thought. This is "not" a smack post. Bison fans criticize UND because they never went DI at the same time as NDSU. They say UND has no vision and doesn't think big and doesn't think about the future. And then Bison fans turn around and say UND and Grand Forks shouldn't go DI because they can't afford it and it will ruin them financially. It looks like it is a no win situation for UND in the eyes of Bison fans either way. Some Bisons want UND to go and some don't. No matter what UND does it looks like Bison fans are to put them down. If UND goes DI.. it is stupid. If UND doesn't go DI...it is stupid. Remember...this is not smack. What do you really think would be right for UND to do? Please don't turn this into smack.

I also could care less, why this this even on Bisonville?? Why is a DII team being discussed??

I think this is my first post on this thread. I also think that, even though an NDSU board is not really the place to have a heated debate over a lower level school, UND has way to much history with NDSU on and off the field to justify not talking about them at all. That is just being petty and unrealistic, and I don't like talkng about them any more than the next person. I also see the chances of NDSU and UND meeting up again on the playing field to be very good, even if UND stays DII but probably only for football per what Gene Taylor was talking about. There is still alot of mixed emotions, but I think Bunning is a great guy and will be willing to help mend the broken bridges and do things on NDSU's terms when the time comes.

And here is to hoping UND never goes DI ;D I think NDSU will be one of the biggest contenders for a national championship in football every year. If UND goes DI all they are going to do is compete with NDSU for recruits. Right now NDSU's only competition may be UNI and Minnesota.