PDA

View Full Version : Doug Fullerton

jeffculhane
06-08-2006, 04:45 PM
Big Sky Commissioner Doug Fullerton will appear on "In the Zone" today at 4:05 on SportsRadio 1570 The Ticket. Also online at www.kvht.com

WYOBISONMAN
06-08-2006, 04:47 PM
Thanks Jeff for the update. We will be tuning in!!

username
06-08-2006, 05:56 PM
Let me guess. Fullerton will say something about expansion being on the table in October. Followed by how he would really like to see NDSU, SDSU, and UND join the BSC, or just NDSU as UNC's travel partner.

blah, blah, blah . . .

mikelsch
06-08-2006, 06:28 PM
If Southern Utah had even 50% of NDSU, SDSU, or UND's profile, they would be in the Big Sky and expansion would be closed - end of story. Oh, I guess I just described Northern Colorado.

Bisonguy
06-08-2006, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the update.

Sheesh, you'd think that there's a DI school in Yankton instead of Fargo or Brookings with all the interviews they keep having. :-?

IowaBisonToo
06-08-2006, 09:21 PM
This guy sounds like a politician running for re-election.

bisonranch
06-08-2006, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the update.

Sheesh, you'd think that there's a DI school in Yankton instead of Fargo or Brookings with all the interviews they keep having. *:-?

Vermillion is close to Yankton. It's a conspiracy, the Big Sky is secretly going after USD. :D

broke_back_mnt
06-08-2006, 09:25 PM
heres some things he was talking about:

The BSC wants to expand. *They just want to find the right schools that fill the right need. *SDSU and presumably NDSU are under consideration. *They are looking at 1 member or 3 members. *They havent decided but Fullerton will recommend.

He thinks the DI-AA model is going to see influx from the DI-A ranks.

BSC worried about travel and size of league. *A league that is too big is inherently unstable. *Factions develop within the league.

Wants to keep all options open with the Dakotas but it might take a major membership change to create a situation where the Dakotas would look good. *He is worried about the WAC taking a few more BSC schools.

Institutional profiles are the first and most important criteria for new members. *NDSU, SDSU and UND were mentioned as attractive because of that reason. *Location is holding us back.

bincitysioux
06-08-2006, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the update.

Sheesh, you'd think that there's a DI school in Yankton instead of Fargo or Brookings with all the interviews they keep having. *:-?

Vermillion is close to Yankton. *It's a conspiracy, the Big Sky is secretly going after USD. * :D

Don't forget about Auggie!!!

IowaBisonToo
06-08-2006, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the update.

Vermillion is close to Yankton. *It's a conspiracy, the Big Sky is secretly going after USD. * :D

Don't forget about Auggie!!!

While we're at it, let's include Mount Marty. :o

bincitysioux
06-08-2006, 09:34 PM

The BSC wants to expand. *They just want to find the right schools that fill the right need. *SDSU and presumably NDSU are under consideration. *They are looking at 1 member or 3 members. *They havent decided but Fullerton will recommend.

BSC worried about travel and size of league. *A league that is too big is inherently unstable. *Factions develop within the league.

Wants to keep all options open with the Dakotas but it might take a major membership change to create a situation where the Dakotas would look good. *He is worried about the WAC taking a few more BSC schools.

Institutional profiles are the first and most important criteria for new members. *NDSU, SDSU and UND were mentioned as attractive because of that reason. *Location is holding us back.

Don't forget he also said that if a certain school fits the institutional profile that the conference is looking for, they wouldn't necessarily hold that certain school out because of its current classification. ;)

IowaBisonToo
06-08-2006, 09:42 PM

Don't forget he also said that if a certain school fits the institutional profile that the conference is looking for, they wouldn't necessarily hold that certain school out because of its current classification. * ;)
Like I said, he's a politician. ;)

89rabbit
06-08-2006, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the update.

Props to the radio home of the Coyotes for covering the important issues for South Dakota's only D-I school.

Go State! :)

RedRiver
06-08-2006, 10:02 PM

Don't forget he also said that if a certain school fits the institutional profile that the conference is looking for, they wouldn't necessarily hold that certain school out because of its current classification. * ;)

It doesn't matter. Fullerton said location is the issue, and unless the Big Sky membership changes, the SUs won't even get in the Big Sky and they meet the DI classification.

MplsBison
06-08-2006, 10:41 PM

Ugh.

He'll never give up the horsesh*t wet dream that Idaho will come back to I-AA.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

broke_back_mnt
06-08-2006, 11:40 PM
He specifically mentioned that the WAC could take up to 3 BSC schools if there were some probable shuffling in other conferences. *I would have to agree that he was very explicit about the location issue and the only way the Dakotas would become more attractive is for the BSC to lose members. *

After the interview the announcer said that XDSUs will be in the Mid Con. *It sounds like the BSC is a done deal for now.

Interesting about Douples interview on Waves. *Und was never mentioned but the Great Land Grants were. *As members of the GWFC we will come under close consideration. *He was really excited about getting the GWFC more aligned and putting more of the resources of the Mid Con behind it. *We may have a real chance with the GWFC now that the Mid Con is focusing on it more.

kchats
06-09-2006, 02:03 AM
I hope the Mid Con does a better job with the website. Nothing has been added to the Great West website since signing day. :-/

Bisonguy
06-09-2006, 02:04 AM

Ugh.

He'll never give up the horsesh*t wet dream that Idaho will come back to I-AA.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

True.

BisonBacker
06-09-2006, 03:03 AM
I missed the interview but I didn't miss anything new. I'm sure it was the same old BullS--- line's he thrown out before. The guy has less credibility then a used car salesman. I don't know why anyone from any school in the Dakota's would bother to listen to him anymore. Not until that west coast schools leave the BSC will anything change. Until then I say bring on the Mid-Con.

sambini
06-09-2006, 03:11 AM
WAC ATTACK+++++++++++++

NanoBison
06-09-2006, 07:06 AM
I'm with Sambini on this... Let's get into the MidCon so we can hush the critics right now and give our programs a comfort buffer with having conference affiliation. Then, go after the move to the top, DI-A. WAC sounds good to me, any conference in DI-A sounds good. I truely believe NDSU, after further program growth will be a borderline DI-A school, in a few more years.

I've been thinking, with "certain schools" considering the move up. If all of these NCC schools decide to move up (UND, USD, SCSU, Mankato, etc... ) aren't we just going to have the same thing we walked away from in 2002 at a higher level? Isn't it going to be the DI-NCC basically? So in essence, the competition for athletes is going to be between the same old NCC schools of 5 years ago? I'd rather we be fighting for atheletes at the highest level possible for us. I know where not a BigTen university and we don't have an athletic budget of $40-$100 million to work with like the Big Boys do, but it just saddens me that after 5 years of hard work, we will basically have the old NCC in the new GreatWest. NDSU is above all of those institutions. We should take the appropriate steps to make sure we are the top in the region, along with SDSU.

tony
06-09-2006, 10:57 AM
Hmm, I know NDSU didn't move out of D2 because they were dissatisfied with the NCC schools... in fact, I think the main reason NDSU stuck around so long in D2, despite all the scholarship cuts and whatnot, is that the NCC was a perfect fit. No offense to NSIC, but when they joined D2, it was only a matter of time before NDSU left. It was one thing to be one of ten D2 schools in the area... but the D2 market got way too crowded.

NDSU grew and needed new challenges. The area's D2 market was oversaturated and likely to get even more crowded. Meanwhile, DII lost 3/4 of its finest programs to DI and replaced them with NAIA schools that, generally speaking, NDSU has no desire to resemble. Not only that, in the event of a DI shakeup, DI is the best place for NDSU to be (e.g. Suppose DI decides to give its schools and conferences a chance to reorganize without jeopardizing their eligibility for the postseason - there is no way on earth they are going to open that up to D2 schools). Those are reasons that NDSU went DI.

Being too good for the NCC was NOT one of the reasons NDSU went DI. I never thought that and neither did NDSU's administration - or they never would have tried to get the NCC to move up. Yep, it could cause problems if the number of DI teams in the area triples overnight, but I think DI can weather that storm and not be fundamentally changed like happened in D2 :)

rabidrabbit
06-09-2006, 11:40 AM
Hmm, I know NDSU didn't move out of D2 because they were dissatisfied with the NCC schools... in fact, I think the main reason NDSU stuck around so long in D2, despite all the scholarship cuts and whatnot, is that the NCC was a perfect fit. No offense to NSIC, but when they joined D2, it was only a matter of time before NDSU left. It was one thing to be one of ten D2 schools in the area... but the D2 market got way too crowded.

NDSU grew and needed new challenges. The area's D2 market was oversaturated and likely to get even more crowded. Meanwhile, DII lost 3/4 of its finest programs to DI and replaced them with NAIA schools that, generally speaking, NDSU has no desire to resemble. Not only that, in the event of a DI shakeup, DI is the best place for NDSU to be (e.g. Suppose DI decides to give its schools and conferences a chance to reorganize without jeopardizing their eligibility for the postseason - there is no way on earth they are going to open that up to D2 schools). Those are reasons that NDSU went DI.

Being too good for the NCC was NOT one of the reasons NDSU went DI. I never thought that and neither did NDSU's administration - or they never would have tried to get the NCC to move up. Yep, it could cause problems if the number of DI teams in the area triples overnight, but I think DI can weather that storm and not be fundamentally changed like happened in D2 :)

Pulling a Sambini - +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

RedRiver
06-09-2006, 01:10 PM
I'm with Sambini on this... Let's get into the MidCon so we can hush the critics right now and give our programs a comfort buffer with having conference affiliation. Then, go after the move to the top, DI-A. WAC sounds good to me, any conference in DI-A sounds good. I truely believe NDSU, after further program growth will be a borderline DI-A school, in a few more years.

I've been thinking, with "certain schools" considering the move up. If all of these NCC schools decide to move up (UND, USD, SCSU, Mankato, etc... ) aren't we just going to have the same thing we walked away from in 2002 at a higher level? Isn't it going to be the DI-NCC basically? So in essence, the competition for athletes is going to be between the same old NCC schools of 5 years ago? I'd rather we be fighting for atheletes at the highest level possible for us. I know where not a BigTen university and we don't have an athletic budget of $40-$100 million to work with like the Big Boys do, but it just saddens me that after 5 years of hard work, we will basically have the old NCC in the new GreatWest. NDSU is above all of those institutions. We should take the appropriate steps to make sure we are the top in the region, along with SDSU.

Yes, one of the major issues as to why NDSU moved up was to be aligned with their "peer" institutions. I don't believe that the old NCC schools were considered "peer" instirutions like Montana St. is in DI.

BisonBacker
06-09-2006, 04:49 PM

Yes, one of the major issues as to why NDSU moved up was to be aligned with their "peer" institutions. *I don't believe that the old NCC schools were considered "peer" instirutions like Montana St. is in DI.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DORMIE
06-09-2006, 06:21 PM
The reason NDSU jumped to D-I has nothing to do with the NCC or UND for that matter. At the press conference President Chapman mentioned that as he had gone to meetings around the country, many times he heard from his colleagues, "You really have a lot going on at your institution for being a Division II school"
I guess that's why the bar was raised in athletics.

kchats
06-10-2006, 03:31 AM
And the move should have happened a long time ago. I have always felt NDSU was more like a division I school than a division II school. Move would have been a bit easier if the Bison moved when Cal Poly didn.

Mr._Bill
06-10-2006, 04:03 AM

That was one of the most intelligent posts on the D1 move that I've read, and I agree completely. While a few Bison fans have spouted off of leaving the NCC, I do not support that kind of talk and I truly believe that our university had only the best intentions as we left the NCC. We took a lot of crap, especially from up north, but I thought NDSU handled that in a classy manner.

I am not worried in the least about a bunch of the NCC schools going D1, it is not like you can fall off a stump and go D1. D1 is tough, it membership requirements and costs will take care of itself. It is a major commitment and requires proper planning and huge fund raising. Maybe UND can do it in the next few years, but I wouldn't hold my breath for MN St., St. Cloud and USD to make a commitment like that. It may be embarrasing to appeal to the NSIC for membership, but falling on your face in D1 would be equally embarrasing.

With the time it takes to start a new conference, there will never be an NCC in D1. NDSU will join a conference soon, and other former NCC schools that have the stones will try to follow down the road.

NDSU is in the right place with the right plans. Good time to be a Bison! Too bad it wasn't 10 years earlier.

broke_back_mnt
06-10-2006, 08:01 AM
If the University of Nebraska can stop UNO from moving up why cant NDSU put the same type of pressure on Und? *They really are better off in DII for all sports except hockey which competes at the NCAA Division I level. *

Mr._Bill
06-10-2006, 09:21 AM
If the University of Nebraska can stop UNO from moving up why cant NDSU put the same type of pressure on Und? *They really are better off in DII for all sports except hockey which competes at the NCAA Division I level. *

You and I both know the kind of clout that UN has in the state of Nebraska. It's like the Packers in WI.

I think the UND/NDSU politics in ND is an even split compared to the Huskers holding all the cards in NE. The State of ND may weigh in about having 2 D1 universities before its all said and done, but it always seems that UND has more clout in the legislature than NDSU, or is more local at least.

This whole thing is tearing up UND, and they won't settle for staying DII. It's all a matter of prestige and not falling behind for them now. Everything was fine until NDSU started having success and showed we were in D1 to stay. I have no idea what und expected, but expecting the bison to fail was pretty nieve.

semobison
06-10-2006, 12:41 PM
Some good points on this post. Football wise I thought we should of moved up in the early 90s. I have fond memories of our old NCC rivals and wont knock any of them or the decisions they make twords their future. Comparing NDSU and UND to Nebraska and UNO is a little far fetched!

sambini
06-10-2006, 06:35 PM
+++++++++++++++++++++++

BisonMav
06-11-2006, 05:38 PM
I'll agree, I think we had some great rivals in NCC. Some of the NCC schools began to distance themselves from the rest in the 1980's. I'll start with Morningside. Miss them, but reality set in.

mikelsch
07-18-2006, 04:00 PM
More rhetoric from Doug Fullerton regarding Big Sky expansion, adding UNC, and launching their conference videocast website.
http://www.greeleytrib.com/article/20060718/SPORTS/107180074

IowaBison
07-18-2006, 04:11 PM
What a sack of sh$t.

"It's no secret what schools are interested in joining our family," Fullerton said. "North Dakota, North Dakota State, of course there's South Dakota State and Southern Utah has always been hanging around."

Then two paragraphs later,

"I really hate to mention schools because it sounds like we're considering them, and some we really haven't," Fullerton added.

kchats
07-19-2006, 02:20 AM
Boy Doug Fullerton goes out of his way to put NDSU down doesn't he. Look at his quotes from this article in the Greeley Tribune.

"The (school) presidents want to expand with programs that make us better," Fullerton said. "Of course, geography and what does a new member do for us politically."

UNC tailback Andre Wilson was one of nine Big Sky Conference football players at the conference, and said that the Bears' acceptance into the conference is obvious.

"Everybody here has been so great to us," he said. "They are providing everything. We're a part of something pretty special. I don't think the Great West Football Conference ever did anything like this."

Fullerton went on to hint that there are still several schools that are envious of UNC's membership, including North Dakota State and South Dakota State.

"It's no secret what schools are interested in joining our family," Fullerton said. "North Dakota, North Dakota State, of course there's South Dakota State and Southern Utah has always been hanging around."

Andre Wilson actually says the Great West Football Conference never did anything like this. I guess he never figured out the conference was formed the first year NDSU and SDSU moved up to division I and UNC was a founding member.

I'm so glad NDSU has a shot to get into the Mid Con. I feel like it is a much better fit as far as recruiting and the large cities where games are played.

I hope the planning for the Mid Con visit is going well.

Hail The Bison!

IowaBisonToo
07-19-2006, 03:04 PM
Fullerton is an A$$!! >:( Oh, look at us. We're the Big Sky. We're the best conference in I-AA. Everbody wants to be in our conference. What a bunch of crap. The more I see how that conference is run and the egos that run it, the happier I am that the Mid-Con/Great West is probably where we are going to be.

You know what would be great? If the Great West and the Big Sky agreed to a deal where all the schools in the GWFC played schools from the BSC for 2 years. Then, take a look at who beat up on who. My guess is that the GWFC would probably come out with the better record. Maybe that would shut Fullerton up? It would be interesting to say the least.

broke_back_mnt
07-19-2006, 03:20 PM
"The (school) presidents want to expand with programs that make us better," Fullerton said. "Of course, geography and what does a new member do for us politically."

That brought a certain lawsuit to mind.

rabidrabbit
07-19-2006, 03:39 PM
Fullerton is an A$$!! >:( *Oh, look at us. *We're the Big Sky. *We're the best conference in I-AA. *Everbody wants to be in our conference. *What a bunch of crap. *The more I see how that conference is run and the egos that run it, the happier I am that the Mid-Con/Great West is probably where we are going to be.

You know what would be great? *If the Great West and the Big Sky agreed to a deal where all the schools in the GWFC played schools from the BSC for 2 years. *Then, take a look at who beat up on who. *My guess is that the GWFC would probably come out with the better record. *Maybe that would shut Fullerton up? *It would be interesting to say the least.

In our formative first two years, while most of the GWFC has been under 63 schollies, and most not eligible, we've been about even with the BSC. Most of the wins for the big sky came by Montana. Most success by GW has been Poly. SDSU has only played the Griz.

I-AA football will be best served out west by having the 3 conferences (GWFC, SLC, BSC) rather than two and 4 independents.

IowaBison
07-19-2006, 03:41 PM
Fullerton is an A$$!! >:( Oh, look at us. We're the Big Sky. We're the best conference in I-AA. Everbody wants to be in our conference. What a bunch of crap. The more I see how that conference is run and the egos that run it, the happier I am that the Mid-Con/Great West is probably where we are going to be.

I wouldn't use the plural form of ego and I don't think that describes Senor Fullerton.

More of a which way is the wind blowing today kind of guy.

either way, it would make a good home for that school to the north if and when they decide to move.

tank3467
07-19-2006, 03:59 PM
[/quote] SDSU has only played the Griz.[/quote]

SDSU has also played montana st. That game was lost on a fieldgoal as time expired, and the jacks get montana again this year.

Gamehunter
07-19-2006, 07:41 PM
I just wish the Bison played at least ONE BSC school this year to open up a can on them. Since we don't, I REALLY feel sorry for the Montana State team that has to play in the Fargodome next year.

IowaBisonToo
07-19-2006, 07:59 PM
I just wish the Bison played at least ONE BSC school this year to open up a can on them. *Since we don't, I REALLY feel sorry for the Montana State team that has to play in the Fargodome next year. *
Is this a done deal? I guess I hadn't heard that yet. Must have been under a rock to miss that kind of new. :o

mikelsch
07-19-2006, 09:58 PM
Saturday, September 15, 2007 in Fargo
http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=11844&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=24 00&Q_SEASON=2007

sambini
07-20-2006, 04:04 AM
FULLERTON IS A CHUMP++++++++

NanoBison
07-20-2006, 04:06 AM
Fullerton is a used car salesman, plain and simple.

Can I interest you in this slightly used Sac State... ;D

sambini
07-20-2006, 04:13 AM
And a barely used PORTLAND STATE+++++++++++++

Sac_State
07-20-2006, 03:43 PM
And *a barely used PORTLAND STATE+++++++++++++

Sambini, can you form a complete sentence w/o the ++?

http://mud.mm-a1.yimg.com/image/241223641

BTW...it was NAU that kept you clowns out, not Sac State.

L_D_Loftsgard
07-20-2006, 10:04 PM
NDSU should have moved up when I was Prez, hindsight is always 20/20.

IowaBisonToo
07-20-2006, 10:07 PM
Bill - is that you??? :-?

tcbison
07-20-2006, 10:10 PM

Seems like it to me.

L_D_Loftsgard
07-20-2006, 10:30 PM
NOPE THE NAME IS LAUREL! PRESIDENT OR MR. LOFTSGARD TO YOU! >:(

L_D_Loftsgard
07-20-2006, 10:32 PM

Seems like it to me.

Your transcript will surely be reviewed!!!!!!!!!!

L_D_Loftsgard
07-20-2006, 10:35 PM
Fullerton is a used car salesman, plain and simple.

Can I interest you in this slightly used Sac State... *;D
You are correct! I bought a '63 Chevy two-door hardtop from him after the 1970 Camellia Bowl win over Montana EWE!! It ran great for me though so I really don't have any complaints with Dougie!!!!! That was his old street name!

sambini
07-20-2006, 10:43 PM

Hey Sac ++++++++++++++++++++++++

sambini
07-20-2006, 10:44 PM
RIGHT ON LD ++++++++++++++

Wilhelm_Klink_1972
07-23-2006, 03:36 AM
RIGHT ON LD ++++++++++++++
Your old transcript should be revised to show you you were a four point student. Vee have vays of making dis happen!!!!!!!!!!!!

BisonBacker
07-23-2006, 10:42 PM

And this statement is based on what? Do you have some inside information as to how the voting went? Even those over on the Griz board as well as Bobcat nation would rather you clowns be out and have NDSU/SDSU in.

mikelsch
07-24-2006, 06:59 PM
NAU as the veto would be interesting, especially since their AD is Jim Fallis (the former Northern Colorado AD)

Sac_State
07-24-2006, 07:15 PM
NAU as the veto would be interesting, especially since their AD is Jim Fallis (the former Northern Colorado AD)

Doug Fullerton said it, since NAU is a charter member and they did not have any desire to travel to the Dakotas. And who really cares?

roadwarrior
07-24-2006, 07:34 PM
I guess we have heard now that it may have been one of several schools that did not want the State U's in the Big Sky.

TaTonka_31
07-24-2006, 07:50 PM
That really puts UND out of the BSC picture as I am sure everyone knows out west that Grand Forks is a lot harder to get to than Fargo.

BisonBacker
07-24-2006, 07:58 PM

Doug Fullerton said it, since NAU is a charter member and they did not have any desire to travel to the Dakotas. And who really cares?

And we all know you can take what Fullerton says right to the Bank ;D ;D ;D

broke_back_mnt
07-24-2006, 11:25 PM
Fullerton has said a lot of things, all of them nice. *One thing he did say, and I think based on how the conference voted you can take this to the bank, is that the BSC wouldn't expand into the Dakotas unless they lost members. *

roadwarrior
07-25-2006, 01:49 AM
Shouldn't we be putting Fullerton's comments out to pasture now ?

IowaBison
07-25-2006, 01:55 AM
I agree.

If you can't say something nice, say something about Douple. ;)

kchats
07-25-2006, 03:13 AM
Mid Con here we come. Tom Douple is doing a great job as commissioner. Can't wait for the campus visit. ;D

BisonBacker
07-25-2006, 02:21 PM
I agree.

If you can't say something nice, say something about Douple. *;)

I didn't say anything mean about Fullerton "And we all know you can take what Fullerton says right to the Bank".
Whats so nasty about that? Geez some folks really have a thin skin :-/

sambini
07-26-2006, 04:15 AM
The SKY is over.

BisonBacker
07-26-2006, 02:31 PM
The SKY is over.

++++++++++++++++++++ ;D

Paulie
07-26-2006, 02:42 PM
Cue Stevie Ray Vaughn playing The Sky is Crying. :'(

BisonCardinal
07-28-2006, 08:08 PM
The "used car salesman" and the "most popular" guy on campus rhetoric does get kind of old. Just makes you appreciate Mr. Douple that much more.

You hear about SUU turning their football program around and offering more scholarships to lure the bigger payoff games. Something that Mr. Douple had something to do with while he was there, I am sure.

You hear how Mr. Douple was instrumental in starting the GWFC. How many college ADs have started a new football conference? I don't think Mr. Fullerton has that on his resume.

You hear how Mr. Douple is trying hard to make the Mid-Con a strong conference. My guess is that he couldn't schedule the campus visits of the SU's fast enough. How long did it take the Big Sky to meander over to UNC? Mr. Douple has to be grinning from ear to ear with the opportunity to land two land grant universities in order to solidfy his conference.

Me thinks that Mr. Douple will be accomodating to the SU's while Mr. Fullerton would act like he was doing us a favor by having us in the Big Sky.

Just my thoughts.

NorthernBison
07-28-2006, 09:00 PM
Mr. Fullerton's comments are a perfect example of how commissioners have input while the Presidents make the decisions. Right now, there is no pressure on the BSC to expand their membership or change their conference structure. They are in a pretty good comfort zone. The Presidents are busy people who have a lot of things to worry about. There is no reason for Fullerton to say anything bad about NDSU, SDSU, SUU or any other prospective member. The fact that we hear good comments from him, should never be interpreted as an invitation to membership.

The Mid-Con, on the other hand, is an exciting opportunity. We need a conference. They are a conference in search of stability. They must also generate some revenue from administering the GWFC. Adding IPFW helps them with eligibility for auto-bids right away. Adding NDSU and SDSU can add stability and, over time, can also add competitive strength to the conference. In addition, if adding us stabilizes the GWFC, they preserve an income stream that helps the conference. Classic win-win deal.

sambini
07-28-2006, 09:03 PM
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Mr._Bill
07-28-2006, 11:42 PM
Football will be fine . . . we need to lift basketball, baseball, track, soccer, softball, volleyball, wrestling, etc to put NDSU on the map. That is accomplished better in the mid-con than the sky. Embrace the Mid-Con, not the sky. Going forward, winning the Great West is as good as an autobid. . . football will be fine.

sambini
07-29-2006, 02:49 PM
Wrestling has got a conference.

Mr._Bill
07-29-2006, 04:15 PM

I am well aware that both football and wresting have conferences outside the Mid Con and are not sponsored by the Mid Con. Wrestling and baseball are not supported by the Sky. I was indicating that wrestling is one sport that will help to lift NDSU's national profile. In another statement I indicated that IMO, NDSU is much better off overall in the Mid Con, in a midwest conference, than the Sky in a west conf.

BisBison
07-29-2006, 04:31 PM

I am well aware that both football and wresting have conferences outside the Mid Con and are not sponsored by the Mid Con. *Wrestling and baseball are not supported by the Sky. *I was indicating that wrestling is one sport that will help to lift NDSU's national profile. *In another statement I indicated that IMO, NDSU is much better off overall in the Mid Con, in a midwest conference, than the Sky in a west conf. *

Come on children quit bickering ;) We're all on the same side.

BisonBacker
07-30-2006, 01:34 PM
Back on topic of Fullerton, I wonder if he's aware of the plans by those up North that the BSC is now going to be adding Canadian teams? Apparently the whioux have so much influence that not only can they dictate who gets into the BSC without even being a member of that conference let alone actually being a DI school they can now cross international borders and expand the NCAA conferences to include Canadian schools Bawhahahahaha. ;D ;D ;D ;D