PDA

View Full Version : UNI

MinotBison
09-10-2006, 12:29 AM
U.N. something or other beat UNI today. *I normally wouldn't mention it, but get ready, because all we are probably going to hear from now until the end of time is something along the lines of.........
SEE????????? SEE?????????? THERE'S NO DIFERENCE BETWEEN D I-AA AND
D-II. SEE????

Way to go, Panthers. Nonetheless, alot of credit must be given to UND. *They did come back several times to earn the win.

TheBisonator
09-10-2006, 12:40 AM
If a Sioux fan gloats to you about their win today, just reply:

"Hey, that's great. Now go do it 7 or 8 times a year."

;D ;D ;D

Hambone
09-10-2006, 12:54 AM

;D ;D ;D

Well, you won't get any gloating out of me. I also think that a full year playing that type of schedule would take its toll. With the additional scholarships I think we'd be ok, because we have a great coaching staff.

So, good luck to the Bison the rest of the way. I think they'll get by Ball State, but lose to the Gophs and 2 of their I-AA oponents. 3 loses with their schedule would be a really good year IMO......

Gamehunter
09-10-2006, 12:56 AM
UNI is way overrated. There is no way they were #4 even before this game.

RodentiaX1
09-10-2006, 12:57 AM
we are probably going to hear from now until the end of time is something along the lines of.........
D-II. SEE????

Since UND is going to move up to D-I, I expect that talking point will be dropped sooner or later.

bincitysioux
09-10-2006, 01:11 AM
U.N. something or other beat UNI today. *I normally wouldn't mention it, but get ready, because all we are probably going to hear from now until the end of time is something along the lines of.........
D-II. SEE????

Ya know what? There are 3 threads on this NDSU message board regarding today's UND-UNI game. I believe all three were started by Bison fans.

You're the only so far to make that comment.

Scooter
09-10-2006, 01:25 AM
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Congrats to all of the UND fans on here... this is your day. *What a fantastic win for you guys.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

PartTime
09-10-2006, 02:27 AM

Congrats to all of the UND fans on here... this is your day. *What a fantastic win for you guys.

Thank you Scooter.....................I'm sure we're feeling the same right now as NDSU felt after knocking off Montana. Good job on the part of both North Dakota schools!

semobison
09-10-2006, 02:46 AM
Congrats to UND, beating a team that Played for the National championship last year is great win for anybody.

Flanders
09-10-2006, 02:58 AM
UNI is way overrated. *There is no way they were #4 even before this game. *

Did you happen to mention this at any time before the game? Was Montana FB way overrated? How about Wisconsin BB? Is it possible that they were overrated at #14, or whatever it happened to be? I don't think you would have taken kindly to someone saying that Montana was "way overrated" a few years ago whe the Bison pulled off the awesome upset.

Gamehunter
09-10-2006, 03:54 AM
UNI is way overrated. There is no way they were #4 even before this game.

Did you happen to mention this at any time before the game? Was Montana FB way overrated? How about Wisconsin BB? Is it possible that they were overrated at #14, or whatever it happened to be? I don't think you would have taken kindly to someone saying that Montana was "way overrated" a few years ago whe the Bison pulled off the awesome upset.

oh, sorry if it sounds like I am disqualifying the Sioux victory in any way. Make no mistake, I think it is awesome that you guys won and obviously the Sioux put a good product on the field and were not intimidated in any way. But I have been saying all preseason UNI is overrated @ #4 in I-AA, it has nothing to do with the Sioux not being good. They beat a I-AA team in a loud hostile environment....impressive. But, UNI returned 5 starters on offense-Eric Sanders and their offensive line...no wide recievers or any backfield. Even worse hit was their defense which returned 4 starters and was pretty much pathedic last year in the first place. No surprise here a top D-II team like UND hung 35 on these guys. There are alot of UNI fans eating tons of crow right now and I honestly don't know how they thought they were going to have a better team this year ? :-?

Here is to many more I-AA victories +++

IowaBison
09-10-2006, 03:57 AM
A sincere congratulations to the UND football community on their win from NDB.

You flat-out beat a top ten DI-AA team on their field.

Bisonguy
09-10-2006, 04:06 AM
Congrats to UND on a hard-fought victory!!!

BisonBacker
09-10-2006, 04:25 AM

;D ;D ;D

I think its fine for them to gloat, they earned it. But the true test of how good or great this win will be is going to be in how UNI plays out the rest of the season. Sure they were rated in the top 5 of IAA but that was mainly based on last years team. This is not last years UNI team. Now let me say again congrats to UND I'm not wanting to rain on your big day, but lets put the win in perspective, after the season is over and UNI has either proved itself or not in the Gateway will be even more of a testament or not as to the caliber of this win.

DIBISON
09-10-2006, 04:46 AM
Doesn't und play in a dome? Doesn't UNI play in a dome? Was this a superbowl game for und and a nondivison and nonconference game for UNI? So was it it a big win for und or a disappointing loss for UNI?

imabison
09-10-2006, 04:49 AM
Congrats to UND on a hard-fought victory!!!

Congrats to that school up north in their victory, now can they explain why they refused to play NDSU over the last couple years.

Time to eat crow again.

GFBisonFan
09-10-2006, 08:58 AM
Congrats to UND. They played well and got the W in a tough place. We would all be happy to get a win there at this point as well so let them enjoy it. I for one will show some class and give them a well deserved pat on the back.

When those fans who come out with the "we are ready for DIAA, and there really isn't a difference" start spouting off, then we can have a debate. But for now, congratulations and thanks for representing the state well.

Sioux27
09-10-2006, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the congrats on our victory! It will certainly be fun for the fans to enjoy this one. I imagine this is very comparable to that cold September day in 2003. Eventhough I don't cheer for the Bison, I was very happy with that win.

The Sioux play Winona State next week..........Some jackass (Warrior 08) posted on the Sioux website exactly 2 minutes after the game that they would kick our ass next week. That would be about a 1.90 of Kupchella!

lakesbison
09-10-2006, 04:15 PM
Are you kidding me?? * *UNI lost that game because of HORRIBLE coaching in the end.

How in the HELL do you stay in a 3-4 defense when you KNOW UND is going to throw the ball??/ *and they are going to throw to thier ONLY weapon (drester or whoever...)

UNI was SOOOOOO overrated it's pathetic..... I'd say UNI is a bottom top 25 D 1 AA team..

UND can pull off an upset once in a blue moon I.E- Ndsu at Montana...

But that UND team goes 3-8 with NDSU's schedule... soo enjoy your victory.. but PLLLLLLLEASE...

YES IMABISON........ this cements the fact that UND ducks NDSU in football, and always will.

a UNI coach with a BRAINCELL... goes to PREVENT after it was 23-21.. and stops UND, puts up another score and WINS 30-21...

YAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNn.... I didn't listen to the game, I'm going by what my friend said about the game from IOWA.. *he basically said.... *it was pathetic.

Buff01
09-10-2006, 04:22 PM
Gene Taylor was worried that the Sioux weren't on the same level playing field as the Bison! :) Wonder what he thinks now!!!

lakesbison
09-10-2006, 04:27 PM
BUFF- THEY ARE NOT... *... 1 upset over a badly coached team, early in the year, who is overrated...is not the same level playing field...

This is such a SMALL STORY that www.in-forum.com doesn't even have it on the homepage, but has MARCH MADNESS for NDSU.

March madness would be the biggest thing to happen to North Dakota since Lewis & Clark.

BisonBacker
09-10-2006, 04:56 PM
BUFF- THEY ARE NOT... *... 1 upset over a badly coached team, early in the year, who is overrated...is not the same level playing field...

This is such a SMALL STORY that www.in-forum.com doesn't even have it on the homepage, but has MARCH MADNESS for NDSU.

March madness would be the biggest thing to happen to North Dakota since Lewis & Clark.

lakes, you don't have to congratulate them if you don't want to, you bring up some valid points about coaching on UNI's part being poor but it doesn't change the fact they beat them in their house. Does it make them (UND)ready to step in on a week to week basis to DIAA? Well I'll let each come to their own conclusion on that but you can hate on und all you want they still beat UNI. I think the bigger test for how this victory will rate is to see how UNI plays out their schedule. If they end up a mediocre team this year then you can come back and trash the win all you want but I'm not ready yet to say UNI is a sub par DIAA team. If the Bison have an off day with our schedule are you going to be saying were sub par? Lets let the schedule play itself out for them and see where they go. I still maintain that DII for the most part is watered down and if NDSU had the schedule und has it would be a cakewalk. If UND falls flat on their face with mediocre opponents in DII then have fun with that but in the end they still took out a team that was supposed to be a top DIAA team. I agree I think they (UNI) were way over rated and they have no defense but let UND enjoy their victory and wait to hate on them for another day and give them their moment to enjoy the win. Last but not least even with the victory the sioux still suck ;)

02Bison
09-10-2006, 05:03 PM
Lakes, I must disagree with your constant, somewhat repulsive rhetoric.

Any given saturday is all I have to say. Its best to temper the talk about divisonal inferiority relative to one another and just let what happens tell the story. *

NDSU/Montana - 2003
Montana State/Colorado -2006 followed by Montana State/Chadron State 2006
UND/Northern Iowa - 2006
Delta State/Stephen F. Austin - 2006

In all five of the above, the lower division team at the time was victorious. It should serve as a reminder to all that anything can happen on "Any Given Saturday" so don't take any game or oponent for granted and it is best to temper any extreme confidence (a.k.a. cockiness) you may have regarding any such games like this. *Nobody likes to eat crow. *

Bisonguy
09-10-2006, 05:05 PM
The fact remains, no matter what, that UND beat a I-AA team that was the national runner-up last year, that funds the full 63 scholarships, and has the reputation of one of the better I-AA teams in their stadium.

Any attempt to diminish UND's victory is small-minded and petty.

tony
09-10-2006, 05:24 PM
Gene Taylor was worried that the Sioux weren't on the same level playing field as the Bison! *:) *Wonder what he thinks now!!!

Oh that's going too far. You've got the wrong athletic director - you are thinking of Roger Thomas. Gene Taylor has never been anything but complimentary of UND's football program as far as I'm aware.

"You’re trying to play at a different level – I wouldn’t say higher, just a different level of competition" - Roger Thomas... so I guess UND shouldn't be excited about the win? Thomas is the guy who used the lack of a "level playing field" as the justification for not playing NDSU.

TaTonka_31
09-10-2006, 05:35 PM
I assume many of the posters on these boards are present athletes or former athletes at various level of competiton. *The fact is that the people that play the actual games will just refer to the score board at the indicator of who is the better team. *Anything else is just so much wind.

Give UND its due. *They beat a team on the field on the road no less. *It doesn't matter what division they are in or what they were ranked last year or this year, UND won. *Down grading their (UND's) victory in anyway certainly rings hollow by Bison fans even more since the score board was in UND's favor the last time the two team played. Until they play each other again and the Bison win. UND is the better team.

The same is true for the Bison Mens Basketball team and the Wisconsin Badgers Mens team. *The Wisconsin faithful can say they are a major conference team and the game was just a fluke all they want but until they beat us, the Bison guys are the better team. *

BisonBacker
09-10-2006, 06:46 PM
I assume many of the posters on these boards are present athletes or former athletes at various level of competiton. *The fact is that the people that play the actual games will just refer to the score board at the indicator of who is the better team. *Anything else is just so much wind.

Give UND its due. *They beat a team on the field on the road no less. *It doesn't matter what division they are in or what they were ranked last year or this year, UND won. *Down grading their (UND's) victory in anyway certainly rings hollow by Bison fans even more since the score board was in UND's favor the last time the two team played. Until they play each other again and the Bison win. UND is the better team.

The same is true for the Bison Mens Basketball team and the Wisconsin Badgers Mens team. The Wisconsin faithful can say they are a major conference team and the game was just a fluke all they want but until they beat us, the Bison guys are the better team. *

Your post lost all credibility with that last comment. I was ecstatic when the Bison beat Wisconsin. As a matter of fact its one of those deals where you remember where you were when they played, but to come out with that comment is a little out of line. We were the better team that day. Its been pointed out and is the truth, "One win does not make a team"

TaTonka_31
09-10-2006, 06:58 PM

The same is true for the Bison Mens Basketball team and the Wisconsin Badgers Mens team. *The Wisconsin faithful can say they are a major conference team and the game was just a fluke all they want but until they beat us, the Bison guys are the better team. *

Your post lost all credibility with that last comment. *I was ecstatic when the Bison beat Wisconsin. *As a matter of fact its one of those deals where you remember where you were when they played, but to come out with that comment is a little out of line. *We were the better team that day. *Its been pointed out and is the truth, "One win does not make a team"

What's true for one team and one situation is true for another. *You couldn't tell the guys that played against the Badgers that day that they weren't the better team. *The score board is all that matters until they play again. *Remember, its the guys playing the games, not the fans, media, posters or anyone else that can say any different. *Its all hot air. *

BisonBacker
09-10-2006, 07:04 PM

Your post lost all credibility with that last comment. *I was ecstatic when the Bison beat Wisconsin. *As a matter of fact its one of those deals where you remember where you were when they played, but to come out with that comment is a little out of line. *We were the better team that day. *Its been pointed out and is the truth, "One win does not make a team"

What's true for one team and one situation is true for another. *You couldn't tell the guys that played against the Badgers that day that they weren't the better team. *The score board is all that matters until they play again. *Remember, its the guys playing the games, not the fans, media, posters or anyone else that can say any different. *Its all hot air. *

Do you even read? That's exactly what I said. Game day the winnner is the winner and the better team that day. Does that mean that if NDSU's baseball team played the Yankee's and somehow won that they are overall better baseball players then the Yankees until the next time they play? I don't think so. Making such broad overbaord statements like that only proves one thing. You don't know what your talking about. It was a great win for UND. It was an embarrasement for UNI. It was one game, thats it one game. UND was the better team that day. The one that is full of hot air is you!

lakesbison
09-10-2006, 08:02 PM
1 upset over a badly coached team, early in the year, who is overrated...is not the same level playing field...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ UND win is not a big deal PERIOD

scale of 1-10.. its about a 5.5

@ Wiscon bball win 10

TransAmBison
09-10-2006, 08:11 PM
1 upset over a badly coached team, early in the year, who is overrated...is not the same level playing field...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ * UND win is not a big deal *PERIOD

@ Wiscon bball win 10
Man...you gotta take those rose colored glasses off. I love to put down the Sioux, but we anybody who puts down this victory sounds like a fool. I mean, if you had said way before the game that UNI was way overrated and would lose, you would have a leg to stand on. Did you say the Griz were way overrated when we beat them? The Sioux beat us that year too. C'mon, give them some credit. It doesn't mean you like them or even wish them success, but they have earned respect.

semobison
09-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Just the mention of UND brings out the IDIOT in some of our most knowledgable faithful fans!! :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Buff01
09-10-2006, 08:59 PM
Tony, it was Gene Taylor that said this the middle of June. *In the Forum he says one of his biggest concerns is having both schools on a level playing field before we schedule the Sioux!

Oh that's going too far. You've got the wrong athletic director - you are thinking of Roger Thomas. Gene Taylor has never been anything but complimentary of UND's football program as far as I'm aware.

"You’re trying to play at a different level – I wouldn’t say higher, just a different level of competition" - Roger Thomas... so I guess UND shouldn't be excited about the win? Thomas is the guy who used the lack of a "level playing field" as the justification for not playing NDSU.

WYOBISONMAN
09-10-2006, 09:48 PM

@ Wiscon bball win 10

I would nominate this for the most idiotic post ever made on this Board. Good god.....get over it. UND accomplished a hell of a feat by throttling Northern Iowa. I for one am DAMN impressed. I don't like the Sioux, but you have to give credit where it is due and I would have to say cudos to what is an obviously damn good UND ball team.

02Bison
09-10-2006, 10:08 PM

@ Wiscon bball win 10

I would nominate this for the most idiotic post ever made on this Board. *Good god.....get over it. *UND accomplished a hell of a feat by throttling Northern Iowa. *I for one am DAMN impressed. *I don't like the Sioux, but you have to give credit where it is due and I would have to say cudos to what is an obviously damn good UND ball team.

Its trash, plain and simple. It doesn't belong anywhere on this board - not even the smack thread!

tony
09-10-2006, 10:32 PM
Tony, it was Gene Taylor that said this the middle of June. *In the Forum he says one of his biggest concerns is having both schools on a level playing field before we schedule the Sioux!

Wow, you got me. Holy cow am I disappointed. I think I found the quote you are talking about:

The Bison will want to make sure UND athletes meet the minimum Division I academic standards, for instance, before they play the Sioux, he said. That's because NDSU would want a level playing field, and Division II academic standards aren't as stringent, Taylor said.

Taylor saying that only makes sense if he thinks that UND would be competitive with NDSU on the field (i.e. Buff01 seems to think that Taylor had said that UND play wasn't good enough to be on NDSU's schedule - not that that would make any sense anyway).

Taylor is taking UND's original argument for not scheduling NDSU and turning it on its head in a pretty obvious attempt take a jab at UND. I don't like that kind of stuff. One thing I've always liked about NDSU is that the folks representing it are extremely forthright in their public comments.

Perhaps Taylor really is concerned that NDSU's advantage in scholarship numbers is counter-balanced by UND's ability to recruit kids that NDSU can't touch, but then why continue to schedule other DII schools? I imagine that the main reason NDSU doesn't want to schedule UND is that they didn't like the way UND's friends and administration conducted themselves for the last decade or so and now don't want anything to do with them. It'd be a tough call for me. I think that UND acted abyssmally the last couple years from Kupchella on down. It'd be a lot easier to justify scheduling UND if there was some indication from President Kupchella that they have shaped up.

WYOBISONMAN
09-11-2006, 12:56 AM
I also forgot to add that a team that beats UNI would be a solid addition to the GWFC.......

sambini
09-11-2006, 03:34 AM
Lakes relax and congrats to the SIOUX+++++++++++

TaTonka_31
09-11-2006, 04:34 AM

I am surprised you would go with conventional wisdom and think the Badgers were a better team just because the so called experts say they were. *The Badgers had two suspenions to key reserves the week before the match with the Bison which hurt their depth. *This leveled the playing field for that game. *But I will throw this debate out to people that maybe actually saw the game. *I would just ask which players they would rather have if they were going to put a team together? *Consider the match ups for that game:

Woodside -Taylor: *Both great players but give me Woody any day when you need someone to get to the basket and create offense in the clutch.

Nelson - Nixon: *Nelson out plays Nixon any day of the week in every facet of the game.

Winkleman - Tucker: *Tucker is first team All Big Ten and All American candidate. *Clearly the best player on either team. *Winkleman more than held his own and really made Tucker struggle for his points. Both are tremendous athletes.

Smith - Chappel: *Smith put up a monster game with 16 and 13 on Chappel. *Clearly a player in NDSU's favor in any game.

Moorman - Butch: *Probably a draw for the game with Moorman getting some huge offensive rebounds in that game and Butch being weak around the basket. Butch is a better scorer but not so much in that game.

Hahn - Flowers: *Hahn better offense and Flowers better defense. *

Do you even read? *That's exactly what I said. *Game day the winnner is the winner and the better team that day. *Does that mean that if NDSU's baseball team played the Yankee's and somehow won that they are overall better baseball players then the Yankees until the next time they play? *I don't think so. *Making such broad overbaord statements like that only proves one thing. *You don't know what your talking about. *It was a great win for UND. *It was an embarrasement for UNI. * It was one game, thats it one game. *UND was the better team that day. * The one that is full of hot air is you!

silkamilkamonico
09-11-2006, 07:57 AM
a UNI coach with a BRAINCELL... goes to PREVENT after it was 23-21.. and stops UND, puts up another score and WINS 30-21...

Prevent defense when you're up by less then a FG? *

That's a joke, right?

lakesbison
09-11-2006, 01:16 PM
Silk.. it was not a joke.

Everyone and their BROTHER knew that UND would throw the freakin ball, obviously the MORON coach at UNI didn.t

if UNI throws out a nickel or prevent, game over..

Ill say it once again, an OVERRATED #4 UNI & Bad Coaching allowed a inferior team to win..

Bisonfan1
09-11-2006, 01:54 PM
Does'nt matter how they won, THEY WON, A "W" is a "W". Congrats to UND. Great job by the North Dakota Men on the team. Ill say it again, Dale Lennon a very good coach, he always has his team ready to play in the big games.

NDSUguy
09-11-2006, 02:12 PM
Question: Why are we talking about this game?

while it's a great win for UND, our discussion should really stop at that. Let's let it be. We talk WAY too much about UND on this board. Let's not talk about their football games anymore.

Also, i'll continue the Lakes bashing.... As i'm sure Lakes ONLY saw the highlights, none of us should listen to his option about coaching or what defense UNI should play. He knows nothing and certainly his opinion (which is based on a 30 second highlight) should NOT be taken into consideration. Once again he makes ALL Bison fans look stupid.

BisonBacker
09-11-2006, 02:16 PM
Question: Why are we talking about this game?

while it's a great win for UND, our discussion should really stop at that. Let's let it be. We talk WAY too much about UND on this board. Let's not talk about their football games anymore.

Also, i'll continue the Lakes bashing.... *As i'm sure Lakes ONLY saw the highlights, none of us should listen to his option about coaching or what defense UNI should play. *He knows nothing and certainly his opinion (which is based on a 30 second highlight) should NOT be taken into consideration. *Once again he makes ALL Bison fans look stupid.

I've been thinking the same thing, couldn't have said it any better.

dakotadan
09-11-2006, 08:25 PM
*Once again he makes ALL Bison fans look stupid.
Unfortunately every single school has those fans.

TheBisonator
09-11-2006, 10:11 PM
*Once again he makes ALL Bison fans look stupid.
Unfortunately every single school has those fans.

Lakes for us is like DaveK and SiouxMeNow for you guys. ;)