PDA

View Full Version : DI-AA brackets

tony
11-20-2006, 12:15 PM
Think you've got cabison or Gil Dobie type skills when it comes to picking winners? Here's the playoff field for DI-AA:

Coastal Carolina at No. 1 Appalachian State
Furman at Montana State
James Madison at No. 4 Youngstown State
Illinois State at Eastern Illinois
McNeese State at No. 2 Montana
UT-Martin at Southern Illinois
Lafayette at No. 3 Massachusetts
New Hampshire at Hampton

tony
11-20-2006, 12:18 PM
First round:

App over Coastal Carolina by 14
Montana State over Furman by 7
James Madison over Youngstown State by 14
Illinois State over Eastern Illinois by 3
Montana over McNeese by 14
Southern Illinois over UT Martin by 14
Massachusetts over Lafayette by 24
New Hampshire over Hampton by 7

RedRiver
11-20-2006, 01:36 PM
What, no Northern Iowa!! How many of the playoff teams are from the Gateway Conference?

IowaBisonToo
11-20-2006, 01:56 PM
What, no Northern Iowa!! *How many of the playoff teams are from the Gateway Conference?
There are either 3 or 4 from the Gateway already. I don't think that loss to UND helped in any way and, I don't think UNI might be as good as people thought they were. I guess we won't know this year, will we?

mikelsch
11-20-2006, 04:09 PM
3 Gateway (Southern Illinois, Illinois State, Youngstown State)
3 Atlantic 10 (Massachusetts, New Hampshire, James Madison)
2 Big Sky (Montana, Montana State)
2 Southern Conference (Appalachian State, Furman)
2 Ohio Valley (Eastern Illinois, Tennessee-Martin)
1 Southland (McNeese State)
1 Big South (Coastal Carolina)
1 Patriot (Lafayette)
1 MEAC (Hampton)

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-20-2006, 06:05 PM
Most importantly, NO SAN DIEGO! Hopefully this means that we are going to see UC-Davis punch San Diego in the mouth.

tcbison
11-20-2006, 08:12 PM
1 Patriot (Lafayette)
1 MEAC (Hampton)

Thanks Greenie! The sad thing is that there is no Great West teams this year :'(

RedRiver
11-20-2006, 09:41 PM
1 Patriot (Lafayette)
1 MEAC (Hampton)

Thanks Greenie! The sad thing is that there is no Great West teams this year *:'(

But another 3 from the Gateway, which just shows again the strength of the conference. Why wouldn't NDSU want to join this conference?

sambini
11-21-2006, 03:37 AM
+++++ GO GATEWAY+++

IowaBisonToo
11-21-2006, 01:56 PM
1 Patriot (Lafayette)
1 MEAC (Hampton)

Thanks Greenie! The sad thing is that there is no Great West teams this year *:'(

But another 3 from the Gateway, which just shows again the strength of the conference. *Why wouldn't NDSU want to join this conference? *
It's not a matter of NDSU and SDSU not wanting to join the Gateway, I think it's a matter of the other schools afraid of getting their ass kicked!!! ;D ;D ;D

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-21-2006, 07:16 PM
Sort of legit point, but personally I think that because of the strength of the conference there are not going to be many teams that are really afraid of the SU's. Maybe some of the bottom feeders won't appreciate extra whoopings every year, but most of the programs will welcome the challenge.

BisonBacker
11-21-2006, 09:37 PM
1 Patriot (Lafayette)
1 MEAC (Hampton)

But another 3 from the Gateway, which just shows again the strength of the conference. *Why wouldn't NDSU want to join this conference? *
It's not a matter of NDSU and SDSU not wanting to join the Gateway, I think it's a matter of the other schools afraid of getting their ass kicked!!! ;D ;D ;D

Many of those teams in the Gateway will be great opponents in conference and won't be afraid to play us. It will by far be the strongest conference in IAA.

ALPHAMALE
11-22-2006, 12:49 AM
If SDSU and NDSU are added do you think there's any chance of a 4 bid conference for the gateway?

Bisonguy
11-22-2006, 03:47 AM
If SDSU and NDSU are added do you think there's any chance of a 4 bid conference for the gateway?

The Gateway already placed four teams in the playoffs recently (2004??).

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-22-2006, 06:17 AM
Years where the Gateway does really well as a whole in non-conference play I could easily see them getting 4 teams, provided they don't beat each other up too badly.

Bisonfan1
11-22-2006, 02:09 PM
Im going to spend Saturday surfing the channels for any one of these games that might be broadcast on our cable system.

NorCalJack
11-22-2006, 04:30 PM
1 Patriot (Lafayette)
1 MEAC (Hampton)

Maybe someone can help me out on revenue sharing. I know in basketball that the further a team from your conference advances in the tourney, the more money the entire conference gets from TV revenue and ticket sales. I think for basketball, the money is paid out over a 6 year period.

Is this the same for D1-AA playoffs? Did the Great West Football conference teams get extra money last year when Cal Poly advanced into the second round or did Cal Poly get all of the money?

If the money generated by the playoffs are divided equally by conference, I would think that the Gateway would have a huge advantage over the Great West Conference.

Does anyone know?

BisBison
11-22-2006, 05:26 PM
NorCal
I don't think the CS playoffs generate enough $$ to spread around. I may be wrong but a couple years ago teams even went into the hole if they had to travel. I think the NC$$ pays out just enough so the participants' expenses are covered.

Hammersmith
11-22-2006, 07:25 PM
I concur. The MBB media deal is worth billions, so there's plenty of money to spread around. If the DI Football Championship makes money, which I doubt, it's such a small amount as to not be worth anything.

"Congratulations on winning the championship, NDSU. Here's your cut: $87.65."

NorCalJack
11-22-2006, 08:55 PM
Thanks for answering my question. :)

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-22-2006, 09:29 PM
You can always count on Hammersmith to explain the inner-workings of NCAA rules and finance.

Hammersmith
11-25-2006, 05:53 PM
You can always count on Hammersmith to explain the inner-workings of NCAA rules and finance.
I come back from Thanksgiving to find myself being insulted .... or maybe complimented .... I'm not sure which. :-/ :-? ;)