PDA

View Full Version : The "M's"

norm4life
12-03-2006, 08:26 AM
Which "M" are you most impressed with and why?

Mr._Bill
12-03-2006, 09:25 AM
The 10-9 game at the dome was the greatest bison example of playing up and meeting a significant challenge. After that, I say Wisconsin, then Marquette. Great win at Montana, but I say #4. I expected to beat Ball State. Great win, but not a shocker.

insane_ponderer
12-03-2006, 01:27 PM
It was a tough choice, but I had to say marquette. Going on the road, day two of a tournament, playing an undefeated top 10 team, who had beaten texas tech and duke the week before. I think I personally enjoyed the gopher game more since I was in attendance though.

Bisonguy
12-03-2006, 01:53 PM
Marquette. A win over a top ten team!! NDSU came out and took the lead very early and never looked back.

The Gopher game was a moral victory. NDSU had many opportunities to win that one, but couldn't finish the deal. Now, if NDSU had won at the Metrodome, it would definitely be #1, IMO.

sambini
12-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Marquette over a top 10 ranked team. The Gopher game was ok. But we are not into moral victories+++++++

Mr._Bill
12-03-2006, 02:19 PM
Without Wisconsin, Marquette does not happen. I still think that Wisconsin broke the ice for this year's success and the marquette win.

My only complaint, could we win a big game on any day other than Championship Saturday. That game would have been plastered all over sports TV if it handn't been this Saturday. Still a great win and great recognition. The sport writers will really run with this win.

Go_Herd
12-03-2006, 02:51 PM
Without Wisconsin, Marquette does not happen. *I still think that Wisconsin broke the ice for this year's success and the marquette win.

My only complaint, could we win a big game on any day other than Championship Saturday. *That game would have been plastered all over sports TV if it handn't been this Saturday. *Still a great win and great recognition. * The sport writers will really run with this win.

Agree here 100% with that. Why oh why did Kansas and USC have to loss.

Do you think now we can get a Bison Media channel-jeez, I would have loved to watch that game

2006gwfcchamps
12-03-2006, 04:11 PM
A I-AA team beating (or almost beating) a BCS team is the hardest thing an mid major DI school can do.

GFBisonFan
12-03-2006, 06:39 PM
i went with a win over a top ten team (hard to pick over a near win over a BCS conference school)

NDSUstudent
12-03-2006, 09:43 PM
1.NDSU vs Marquette- This is the type of win that puts the basketball program on the fast track towards long term success, from recruiting to getting a new arena built this win was just so big on so many levels. This win may not get the exposure the Wisky win got but I have a strong feeling that this win will go beyond just a ton of exposure for NDSU.

2.NDSU vs Montana- This win brought the swagger back, it showed to all the doubters that NDSU can compete in DI and proved to our players that they are DI caliber. This win also set the tone for what has been an amazing transition.

3.NDSU vs Wisconsin- If your talking exposure this is the biggest but the greatness of the win was diminished somewhat by how Wisky finished out their season.

4.NDSU vs Ball St- This win set the tone to the 06 season putting our football on track to a 10 win season and got NDSU mentioned within the same breath of I-AA's elite.

5.NDSU vs Minnesota- This was a loss and that hurts it big time in comparison to the others in my mind. If this was a W it would be #1 but even in a loss NDSU proved it could go toe to toe with a Big Ten team which will definately help out in the recruiting department.

IowaBison
12-03-2006, 11:30 PM
definitely the Marquette game.

Marquette is without question a top 25 team. During every remaining game, including the tournament, a reference will be made to the loss to the Bison. In many cases this will be paired with discussion of NDSU's upset of Wisconsin last year.

The win also shows that the win against Wisconsin wasn't a (total) fluke, nor was NDSU playing Texas Tech close.

It also solidifies NDSU place as the men's basketball program in the Dakotas which is and isn't a big deal.

SDbison
12-03-2006, 11:47 PM
I picked the Bison-Gopher game since the game was against a Big Ten BCS team, and essentially NDSU beat them in every aspect but score. *Another big factor is the game was played in front of the biggest crowd for a Bison athletic event ever, 62,000+. *The Marquette and Wisconsin basketball games are a close 2nd and 3rd for obvious reasons. *#4 is the Ball State game because it was a comeback against a I-A team and it confirmed this Bison football team was very good. *Last but not least was the Montana game. *It was huge at the time and still even bigger than the UC Davis game this year because NDSU was a DII team playing one of the best DI-AA's and a great game was played the entire game including the comeback. *UCDavis was a bigger comeback pointwise, but the Bison didn't show up in the first half. *The Montana game did set things in motion for the high expectations the Bison have now. * *

Jeffdaryl3rd
12-04-2006, 02:01 AM
If the question was the most important, I'd go with the Minnesota game, but it is most impressive so I am going with the Marquette game. #8 team in the country. Pretty impressive win.