PDA

View Full Version : Football: *Bison vs. USD Coyotes

10-02-2002, 06:39 PM
What does everyone think of the matchup between USD & NDSU?

btw, did anyone catch Bison Feedback the other night on WDAY? I (Jason) called in, my roomate (Nathan) called in and my buddy (Pat) called in......needless to say, there weren't many nice calls.....and we weren't even too harsh on him!

Also, how is that Dusty Staemer doing at Nebraska, I wonder....I know he transferred so he could walk-on.

BisonInTexas
10-02-2002, 09:46 PM
I listened to Bison Feedback yesterday at work. It was quite interesting to hear Coach Babich get grilled by the callers. It seemed as if every caller was calling for Gorder's head on a platter. Babich did the right thing and deflected criticism of Gorder and gave him his vote of confidence. I wonder if Gorder has a poor performance this week against USD, will he bench him for UND?

As far as the USD game goes, Babich says the Bison will commit themselves to the run with Malone as the starting tailback. Not a bad plan, considering that USD gave up a ton of yards on the ground to UNO and the Bison haven't executed the passing offense well lately. I wonder if this means more option from the Bison, or more Iso plays?

If the Bison are going to commit to the ground, the Rams have to execute better. Question to those fans who can attend games - have the Bison been shut down on the run to date because of poor line play, or because defenses are loading up to stop the run?

I also heard Babich say that O'Leary was going to see action at FB. He adds some size to the FB position over Simmers. Is Simmers still the starter?

Craig

tony
10-03-2002, 02:02 AM
There's a huge difference between UNO's rushing offense and NDSU's. I'll believe that NDSU can run the ball when I see them do it. I only went to the Cal-Davis game and from my terrible vantage point it was hard to tell what was going on, usually the offensive linemen were downfield on blocking linebackers or d-backs while their RB was being stuffed for no gain. I don't know if this means the RBs weren't hitting the hole fast enough or that the offensive line wasn't holding their blocks long enough. Could have been both - might as throw coaching, play calling, and defenses stacking the line in there too. No one thing can be responsible for NDSU's rushing attack being so feeble. Hopefully they can get things turned around.

As for UND, I hate to think ahead but Gorder, if he's healthy, will be the QB - I'd bet on it. Ryan Simmers is still the starting fullback. I wonder if having O'Leary in there means that they're thinking of passing the ball to the fullback this week.

Bisonguy
10-03-2002, 04:16 AM
Passing to the fullback?

That's crazy talk. ::) ;D

10-03-2002, 05:37 PM
Actually Gorder didnt look that bad last week if you can forgive the ints and the pitch. He was 21-39 for over 200 yds. I think he has to use more screens to Jackson. Never, ever again run Jackson up the middle. We wasted 7 plays ofr 2 yds last week. thats 2 possesions! If we had thrown him 7 screens, play action or dump passes we probably would have scored at least 1 more TD.

BisonInTexas
10-03-2002, 06:48 PM
Actually Gorder didnt look that bad last week if you can forgive the ints and the pitch.

I could forgive the picks and the fumbled pitch if he could lead the Bison to a couple of touchdowns to offset the 10 points he gave Augie.

I could care less about passing yardage and completion percentage if we don't put points on the board.

It looks like Babich is solving the Jackson runs up the middle by benching him for Malone. Can't hurt the running game any.

Craig

siouxrock
10-03-2002, 10:49 PM
The sioux will kill the bison
1. easy tema on thier schedule
2. the bison just plainly suck
3. they lost to augustana
4. babcih is so stupid
5. the bison just suck again

Bisonguy
10-03-2002, 11:26 PM
Leif Murphy won't be playing in the USD game. >:( Broken thumb, and he'll be out 3-4 weeks.

10-05-2002, 06:28 PM
As for our "offense" - Augie stacked 8 guys in the box regularily and dared us to throw on them.....and we couldn't do it. End of story.

I'm just very upset with the execution and the decion-making of our QB. He couldn't read a defense to save his life.

siouxrock
10-06-2002, 03:57 PM
HAHAHAHAHA
THE BISON LOST TO SOUTH DAKOTA!!!lol
THE SIOUX BEAT SOUTH DAKOTA ST. HAHAHAHA
THAT MEANS THE BISON SUCK AND THE SIOUX RULE

BisonWarrior
10-06-2002, 05:22 PM
When you can carry on an adult conversation maybe we'll take you serious. As an NDSU fan I do not wish UND ill will. To have both North Dakota team at the peak is good for all of us. Yes, NDSU is not at it's peak but we will continue to work on it. Your Ha ha Ha's and HE HE's only show your immaturity.

siouxrock
10-06-2002, 10:30 PM
UR JUST JEALOUS BECUASE UND IS BETTER TEHN NDSU
UR JUST TYRIN TO KISS UP TO ME SO I DONT KAGUH AT U GUYS WHEN TEH SIOUX KICK THE BISON
HAHAHAHAHA
LIKE THAT? HAHAHAHAHAHA

10-07-2002, 09:54 PM
I think one of the problems with young and/or inexperienced teams is learning how to win. We played well enough to win and they took a step in the right direction Saturday but didnt get over the hump. I think the injuries on defense are costing us big time.

I know USD was the worst team in the NCC. Now we are. I cant remember the last time we were the worst team in the NCC?

siouxrock
10-07-2002, 10:20 PM
FINALLY U ADMIT IT